Sammy Watkins

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Jay Bizniss, Jan 3, 2014.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Any Videos on this guy?I don't really watch to much college football

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

everytime i see one of these threads pop up as the guy plays in a big bowl game on national tv when there is nothing else on i always realize that 80% of the people who will be talking in the thread have probably never seen him play a full game before tonight.

3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

But Creed, what about the threat of Fatty Francesa using that as ammo to blast "da claseless Jets draftin anudda low charactah guy" ? ? :wink:

4. CreedBratton

CreedBratton New Member

I couldn't care less. Whatever it takes

5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

He was great last night. Just what the Jets need and a guy who could be very successful in the WCO--great at quick slant ins with the speed and ablity to break one at any time. But what stuck out to me last night was his durability. To me he does not look like a guy who would last long in the NFL. He barely was able to get on the field last night. He was banged up all night. And he was still great. I wouldn't trade up for him but if he falls to 18 draft him. Rex knows a lot about him because his son is on the Clemson team (and he's a WR---way down on the depth chart).

6. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Yes. Trade anything. Yes.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. NYJets17

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

The Jets are not moving up to draft one player, especially for what it would take to get into the top 5-8 picks. That kind of move is what led to a depleted roster in the first place. Getting 3-4 starters out of a draft is far more important than getting one exceptional player, if that one player even pans out.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Especially for a WR of all positions. WR's are easy to obtain and good ones are a luxury to have but tell me when was the last time a reciever got a team over the top. Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Fitzgerald are all sitting home right now and its no coincidence either.

The Jets need to stick where they are at and get the best possible options when it arrives.

11. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

No way just a swap and a 3rd gets the Jets inside the top 10.

12. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

as far as i can tell, the jets are looking to change their identity toward a team that gets as much from their players as possible through hard work and competition throughout the ranks. i douibt we will see a move like this. idzik seems like the kind of guy to play the cards hes dealt and find a way to make it work rather than throw all the chips on the table for that one hand.

i agree watkins would be a great player for the jets, but i dont see it happening.

13. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Been watching him all year thanks.

14. CreedBratton

CreedBratton New Member

In seriousness I say this. Lets see who agrees with me. I am not in favor of trying to trade up into the top 10 now. But if he slips to like the 10-12 range, we have to move up at that moment to try to get him. Our 1st, Tampas 3rd and next years third or forth would be enough to do that. I dont think that would be back breaking to in terms of picks

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

watching him all year and waits to the night of the bowl game to create the thread..... sure thing bud lol.

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

a first, tampa's third and next years fourth gets us to about 13. Still not touching the top ten with that deal.

17. CreedBratton

CreedBratton New Member

Im saying if he falls out the top ten for some reasin. I think that could be enought for the 11th or 12th pick

18. NYJets17

I'd cry tears of joy

19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

If he slips to 13 its enough. The difference from 13 to 12 is 50 points, roughly our 4th round pick (worth 64)

The difference from 13 to 11 is 100 points, or the value of our 4th and 5th round picks which total 99 points on the chart.

Keep in mind to get from 18 to 13 It takes our 3rd and 4th round pick in value. to Go from 18 to 10 it takes our second.

Its a pipe dream to land a guy like Watkins on the jets with our current draft position.

20. CreedBratton

CreedBratton New Member

Gotcha...Good stuff