Sammy Watkins

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Jay Bizniss, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

I am sitting here watching the Orange Bowl and Watkins is unbelievable... Guy is fast as shit, has great hands, can make multiple people miss and the list goes on and on... If we have to move up to somewhere within the 8th to 11th pick to get this guy, it has to be done... If that third rounder and our 18th overall pick can get Watkins on the Jets, it's a no brainer... This kid is going to be something special. I see way more potential in him then I do in Lee or Evans. I know everyone here is against moving up, but for a player of this caliber it's a must.

2. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

he'll go 2nd overall maybe. we wont get him

3. Jay Bizniss

Everybody has him within the Top 10... I think one of the three receivers will fall to us, but none have the explosiveness that Watkins possess. This guy is a serious game changer...

4. Jay Bizniss

I think the Rams are going to take that LT out of Texas A&M... Jake Long is hurt and they need offensive line help.. I could see Tampa trying to pick him up at 7.

5. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

If we would've lost out instead of won out good chance we could've got him now no chance.

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

One of the top 3 receivers will fall to us. There are teams ahead of us that has bigger needs elsewhere. A few might take o line, linebacker, d line, CB etc.

7. Jay Bizniss

If we lost out Rex wouldn't be here... Rex > Watkins... I think if Idzik plays his cards right he can grab him.. Might take our first rounder, a third rounder, and maybe a 5th or later..

8. Jay Bizniss

Watkins looks miles ahead of Lee and Evans though..

9. rsmehta

rsmehta Active Member

Long time Btwn this game and the draft...

Let's see what other moves we make.

He does look like a special player

10. rock316nyj

rock316nyj Member

I think we are in excellent position to trade up this year...not only because of all the picks we have, but because I don't think we are as desperate for depth, as a lot of young guys or low cost options that we were forced into playing this year have emerged as solid guys to fill out the roster. Now we need to add the dynamic playmakers, which is exactly why you go all in on potentially moving up for Sammy Watkins. And come to think of it, I'm not opposed to trading our 2nd rounder to get a late first for Kelvin Benjamin if he declares. Dude has beast written all over him. Watkins and Benjamin, even if it costs 5 picks, is a HUGE win for the Jets.

11. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Watkins and Evans should both go in the 8-15 range. Depending on the site you look at both are rated as the top receiver in the draft. I prefer Watkins by a good margin.

The by the chart our second rounder moves us from 18 to 10. to Go from 18 to 12 would take our 3rd, 4th and 5th.

We relly need to avoid playing the trade up game, a very good talent at one of the skill positions will be there this year.

12. Jay Bizniss

Evans is still raw and Lee has injury problems... Watkins is the only sure thing.. He is going to be dominant at the next level and that is exactly what the Jets need... We need a STAR not a very good player.

13. Jay Bizniss

You also gotta think that MM is licking his chops thinking about what Watkins could bring to the Wildcat game. Guy could open the whole offense up. You don't have those options with Evans and Lee.

14. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Watkins could have a shitty combine and slip. Maybe a receiver that no one is talking about could emerge. It's plenty of time between now and the draft.

15. Jay Bizniss

Fuck the combine.. Look at what the guy does on the field.. I don't care if he runs a 4.9, we should take him.. Cuz come game time, the kid is gonna put on a show.

16. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

He's a top 10 pick easy. If he somehow falls out I'd be all over a trade up.

17. Vanbiesbrouck

Vanbiesbrouck Active Member

No way he's there at # 18.

Is Martavius Bryant coming out? 6'5" & 200, dude looks like a good 2nd receiver. Would like him in round 2.

18. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

We need to do whatever it takes to get him. He is a special special player. I played against him in high school. I would go as far as trading our first and both thirds plus a later round pick to get him. One playmaker like him would do wonders for our offense. He is Percy Harvin on steroids. He is the real deal and we need to make a play and move up just like how the falcons moved up to grab Julio jones. Watkins is the type of player that you have to do what it takes to get him on your team

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Any chance Hill turns it around?

20. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Man ive been saying this all season.. I wouldnt really care what we did to get Watkins. Like i said in another thread him & Chris Ivory would put fear in defenders hearts because they run so strong but still fast down field. Crazy thing is the draft could end up panning out to us just having to get in front of Baltimore to get him if he passes the Bucs at 7 but i dont see that happening though