Same strategy, same result

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Glenn G, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Glenn G

Glenn G Member

Actually it was, it was about the result of that.

2. Glenn G

Glenn G Member

That's fine, but when you make what is supposed to be a sarcastic comment, you can at least comment on what I posted about

3. Glenn G

Glenn G Member

Ok, now I see where all this comes from.
    If this is what the leadership of this place is like, maybe this place isn't for me.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

glad i am not the only one who found the ineptitude offensive

tbruner12 likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

[​IMG]
    you need to toughen up son, you started a thread on a subject that has been hashed and rehashed a million times in 1000 different threads. teams about to suck and the natives are restless. things are going to get a bit heated

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That we need to have a shitty season so we can have a chance at a high draft pick and take a franchise quarterback? And abandon ship with the stopgaps and toss a young QB into the fire?

I think everyone addressed that pretty well in their sarcasm. The overall point of your post is that we need to get a franchise quarterback and should stop signing stopgap veterans.

Sorry dude, but it wasn't anything incredibly insightful on a topic that has been beaten to death since February on this board and every other Jets message board on the internet.

Go post your topic and post on any other message board for the Jets and you'll get the same answers.

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

FJF likes this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Ya said it better in fewer words. We're usually on the same page FJF.

FJF likes this.
  9. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

FJF likes this.
  10. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I reluctantly agree. It's easy for fans to say on a message board but much harder to sell to a locker room of guys that practice with these QBs every day. Plus, Bowles knows that he will ultimately be judge on wins and losses no matter what Woody says.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

So tank the season?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Bowles is a goner. Maybe he senses it maybe he doesn't, but once we get Allen, Rosen, or Darnold in here the Jets are going to want to pair him with a capable, savvy, winner coach who's offensive minded.

No coach worth a damn will want to come here if we don't have that QB. If we DO and our defense continues to improve (it's good already) then maybe it gets easier to lure in a Gruden.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Maybe you're right. This is not a place for people with thin skins and no sense of humor. We don't coddle posters nor do we tolerate excessive bickering or harrassment. We also try not to take ourselves too seriously. What you got was mild by comparison. Instead of laughing it off, you got offended. Oh well...

Your choice.. Stay or go..

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Of course not. They'd go with Sanchez, the vet, and would never give either Siemian or Lynch a chance.

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

If we brought in a new gm and coach this year they could go 1-15 and not worry about there jobs and play tbe kid qb. In typical jet fashion we r in a full rebuild with a gm n coach that needs to win now. Just like hiring a new gm and making him Keep Rex or hiring tbe coach first and then tbe gm tbe jet way is the wrong way

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Verry Jetty....

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think Mac needs to "win now." He got Woody to accept the rebuild, and surely even Woody isn't so stupid to think you can get rid of all your older veterans, go with a bunch of young players and expect to win games. Bowles should even be safe, unless he shows that he hasn't learned or improved.

In a rebuilding year what is important is developing young players and finding out who can help you going forward. I'm sure that Mac and others have explained that to Woody. I think the things that Bowles will be judged on this year are: if Bowles and his CS have the team prepared to play each week, if he holds players accountable, if the team quits on him again, if he improves on game and clock management, and if young players are developing. If he does each of those things or most of them, he'll probably be back as HC regardless of the team's record. If he doesn't, then he'll be gone unless the team somehow wins 8 games in spite of him.

18. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Many here are panicking on the performance of Hack's recent showing against the Lions when the concern should be more focused on the OL. Bowles did a lot of mixing with the line in the first half - mixing starters and 2nd levels always can cause confusion and missed- assignments. No matter who was QB'ing , you can't throw when your're pressured instantly or laying on your back. And don't tell me that Hack sucks in reading blitzes because , considering how long he's been playing in the NFL - with ZERO regular season experience - it's not going to come with a snap of a finger.

TonyFtLaud and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Tell me
    Plus 10 million

If we are to ever solve this riddle we roll the dice (no guarrantees in life) on 2018 draft and grab a blue chip QB

This will perk up A LITTLE interest with the better Coaches

Will Darnold or Rosen turn out to be a struggling Lynch ( who I wanted us to draft) ????Who knows but worth it imo

WHO KNOWS WITH ANY PLAYER...look at those sure things Adams and D Lee

JMHO

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

If what u say is true and Bowles is safe that's really bad news bacause a team should never quit and by year 2 u should know how To a manage a game and he failed on both. You r what u r and he will never win a super bowl with his head coaching capabilities. So either way we r screwed.