Same Old Jets after all

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 3rdAnd15Draw, Oct 1, 2006.

1. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

The Jets are doing a lot of good things but the fact remains that no matter how close we came, the Jets are a 2-2 team that has beaten 2 bad teams and lost to 2 good teams. For the Jets to convince me that their franchise has turned over some kind of new leaf, I really have to see some results.

2. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

ITS THE FOURTH GAME OF THE YEAR AND WE PLAYED PEYTON MANNING not a Rookie out of east texas, PEYTON MANNING. What do you expect out of a defense that had about thirty seconds to rest after the kick return. We pretty much shut him down with the exception of 2-3 drives. Im proud of the effort this team gave in a game in which they were expected to get blown out. If you want to place the blame on Mangini for the non field goal attempt fine but saying manning toyed with us all game is just bullshit

3. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

HAH! 3rd. . . filled up a full page in ten minutes. :up:

4. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

lets see Jacksonville dominated indy on defense.....and STILL LOST!! oh give me a break. relax Manning won them the game, with a lil help from the ref on one drive

5. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

6. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

I can't stand the 3-4. I would be more than happy to switch back to a 4-3.

7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

That is up in the air. As far as the WR's go. We still dont know what Coles status is. That worries me a little. He looked like what ever he had hurt, was really messed up. It was almost like a panic from him. Hope he is ok.

8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Great so instead of a crappy 3/4 we have a crappy 4/3. We have exactly 3 quality NFL starters on our front 7 it really doesn't matter.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Actually, 'Same old Jets' filled up a page in 10 minutes. Champ would have 8 pages by now.

10. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

All game I'm sitting in my seat thinking "why do they keep running the ball?". Sure it was sort of effective, but you had to know that Manning could tear the Jets secondary to pieces. And when it came down to it that's exactly what happened. I'm not sure if this was a case of Dungyball or not but it almost cost them.

Don't even bring up the refs, that was a make up call for the gift TD the Jets got the previous drive.

11. 3rdAnd15Draw

Was the turnover on the defensive side of the ball that great from last year to this year? I don't know what Vilma's problem is but I hope it's playing out of position, because he looked terrible once again today.

12. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

It was the TITLE that did it, though. That's just just great messageboarding.

13. JetsFan58

JetsFan58 New Member

The SOJ would have folded after D'Brick's ole block and Chad's fumble.

14. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

This is hard for me right now but cmon 3rd. Did you really expect this team to be playing like this?! I know you thought Chad was finished. Don't turn into Champ or somthing...

15. 3rdAnd15Draw

No, that wouldn't be SOJ at all. The SOJ are all about getting the fans hopes up before squashing them like so many insects underfoot.

16. JetsFan58

JetsFan58 New Member

So in order for them not to be SOJ in your mind, they can never lose if they are favored, hold a heavily-favored team close, or any other time you think they should win?

17. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

Yes. Wasn't that the year Blaylock ran for 200 yards against us when Holmes was down? Knowing what we know about Blaylock now, I think we can see how old and slow that defense was.

18. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

What a difference losing one of the best pass rushers in the NFL means to a defense.

19. 3rdAnd15Draw

the 2003 defense averaged 18.6 PPG and 346 yards, through 4 games our defense is sitting at 22.7 PPG and 378 yards a game.

20. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I cannot be any happier at how well the Jets did against Manning until it came to crunch time, and let's face it. We're witnessing greatness, so you have to credit Manning...

Now the run defense? For Rhodes and Addai to dominate like they did is inexcusable...