Sam & Teddy making a statement

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Aug 10, 2018.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

You need more than a big arm. As Jeff George and 3 million other guys have proven

2. forevercursed

He uses it when he needs to. Even early Elway would try to drill football through receivers early in his career. When it called for a short touch pass he gunned it in and the ball would bounce off guys fingers straight up into the air. It's something he had to fix. Darnold knows exactly when to put some mustard on it, and when to take something off it. Where to put it so only his receivers can get it

He's just has the right feel for all facets of the position. And he just turned 21. He's going to get better.

BudJet likes this.
  3. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

I agree. He displayed incredible touch, which is very unusual in a young QB with a cannon for an arm. It usually takes years for a young QB to learn touch. Generally, the only QBs that come out of college with good touch are the ones with weaker arms, like Chad Pennington. All in all, an incredibly promising first start.

LF911SC likes this.
  4. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

By all accounts I would say Menish is officially on the Darnold bandwagon!

#64 BudJet, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    LF911SC likes this.
  5. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

My brother is a Giants fan and you can imagine what I went through when Barkley broke a 39 yarder, but thank you Sam for giving me the ammo to get back at him. He said the Giants passed on Sam because he was nothing more than a college QB and he will never live up to expectations. Needless to say I haven't gotten anymore text messages from my brother since the game last night:D:D:D

LF911SC likes this.
  6. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I've been a Jets fan for 53 years since 1965...you can imagine what kind of bumps I have watching Sam......Mabee elephant bumps:p

7. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Great point by Baldy at the beginning... that’s a play where Sam might’ve gotten strip sacked last year. 2 hands on the ball as he hitches up. He’s rapidly removed several flaws to his game (lackadaisical ball carrying, loopy release)

8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Not saying I'll expect 400 yard passing games, but already I have faith that Sam will get us in the end zone whenever they sniff the Red Zone. That's about as simple as it gets. It's not a feeling I've had for most of our QB's in the past.

9. forevercursed

Sure you have. Only it was pick 6's going the other way

With Sam though you just get the feeling he's a winner and has a sensational football IQ. He's not going to run backwards on 3rd and 5 from the opponents 30 and take us out of field goal ranger when we don't pick up a blitz like with Geno. And he's not going to allow defensive backs bait him into bad throws that get picked off like what used to happen with Sanchez

And I swear he's getting the ball out faster now than he ever did in college.

#69 forevercursed, Aug 11, 2018
  10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

And this pile of shit is the last thing I will see from your wum arse.

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Samdarnold human?
    New user name for someone?

BleedingGreen55 likes this.
  12. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Very pleased by what I saw last night. The comments about meaningless evaluations and these guys being average is laughable. Or the poster who said Allen was HOF material well bro you better go back and check his ability to go through his progressions because he didn't and well see who is the better sooner then later.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. forevercursed

Maybe he meant Hackeberg-esque Obvious Fail by HOF

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Wow Bud ..never realized you are part of the long suffering old timers

Very much the same feeling here ..really looking forward to this Season where we finally have something of an offense

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

In all fairness, he's been on the Darnold sweepstakes wagon. Before he became a Jet too. I remember an article last year where he was gushing over "Suck for Sam" before the trade ever happened too.

It's not all that hard to fall in love with this kid. I mean, he's the highest rated QB prospect imo since Andrew "Suck for" Luck and many of NFL fan bases and sports writers have drooled over the thought of Suck for Sam for a while now in other words us Jet fans and our sports writers weren't the only one's and aren't the first one's to do so either.

And yes. Just the thought of Sam Darnold making headlines as a potentially great NYJ Franchise QB does indeed make the stomach's of N.E, Miami & Buffalo fans absolutely sick; as did Marino, Kelly and later on Brady did to all of ours. They don't like it. And they're all watching us now. Even their beat writers are too.

#75 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 11, 2018
    ColoradoContrails and BudJet like this.
  16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

themorey likes this.
  17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Did somebody hack his account? This isn't the same bitch Mehta I have known all these years, no?

themorey likes this.
  18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Sam probably playing nice with Mehta so he feels like he has to be nice back.

19. forevercursed

No surprise. Mehta and everybody he's talked to in the org knows Sam is the real deal.

Mehta knows he's gotta get cozy with the Jets and Darnold so what better way than to be the ultimate brown noser.

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I was able to watch almost all of Sam's snaps - missed Teddy's - but from what I saw he's the real deal. Passes were crisp and thrown with the right velocity; reads and progressions were solid. no sign of panic or "happy feet", and the "3 for 1" TD shows me that he doesn't get rattled easily, just stays focused and makes the plays. I will be shocked if he doesn't eventually rival Joe Willie for greatest Jets QB ever.

And the defense actually looked good! I realize that the Falcons aren't the Pats or Eagles, but I saw things from them that I haven't seen in a long time. There's a long ways to go, and much yet to be revealed about this team, especially the CS, but they have a pretty damn good roster, and I'm optimistic for the first time in decades.