Sam McGuffie: The Best Running Back I've Ever Seen.

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Mr Electric, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Coach K

Coach K New Member

especially when you transfer to Rice, but he wanted back in Texas near his family is what I read.

my guess is he will tear it up at Rice and be one of those guys who improves his stock at the combine.

I havent seen much Rice in the last couple years so I couldnt speak if I think McGuffie fits or doesnt fit the system or how it will relate to his development as an NFL Player.

2. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

What would possess this kid to transfer to rice? But he looks like he hits the hole hard, and clearly he has insane athletic ability.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Well, he's from Texas and Rich Rodriguez is a douche bag.

McGuffie is actually the perfect fit in Rice's offense. He'll get a lot of receptions.

I'm excited to see him play again.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'm going to reiterate what I said two years ago:

He dominates.

5. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

I will definitely be looking for as much Rice football as possible on TV this season.
    I don't think I've ever watched one of their games in 20 years of being a college football fan.

6. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

He's fast and can find the hole but I don't think he'll be able to make people miss on a pro-level. His silly head-fakes ain't gonna cut it.

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Silly head fakes?

The guy's got uncoachable moves. The way he accelerates in and out of his cuts is what I like the most about him.

McGuffie's got track speed. He'll be a nice option as a change of pace/third down back in the NFL. I also think he'll be a very good return man.

#47 Mr Electric, Mar 24, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  8. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

I get to see him play this upcoming season. UCF hosts them for homecoming. Watching him live will be great.

9. revis_island

revis_island Banned

white reggie bush lol

10. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

11. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

This video, I'm talking about parts like 1:10, 1:16, and 1:21 where he jerks his neck and head prior to the juke move. It just looks spastic and useless against players of NFL calibre.[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyHf48BcSvA&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

12. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

My brother and pop are Giant fans, so I watch most the Giants games with them.

Anyways, every time me and my bro see Ahmad Bradshaw run, we can't help but laugh. You notice that everytime he touches the ball and runs, his head jerks all over the place.

I guess you can say he uses those 'silly' head fakes too. Bradshaw is a good change of pace, third down running back. What's to say that McGuffie wouldn't be able to excel in a role like that? He certainly seems to possess the skill sets to be able to play as a change of pace back, head fakes and all.

Point is, don't let something so minute in detail as 'uses head fakes to try to get past defenders' get in the way of overall judgement of a player. He looks like a fast, quick, agile runner that can find the hole.

13. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Whatever happened to this guy?

14. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Rice football.

15. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

any chance Mcguffie has a shot at the pros after transfering to Rice? His physical skills are clearly still there, but playing on such a terrible team, has he been able to stand out?

Not that I am glued to college football or anything, but I listen to a fair bit of college football + NFL draft prospect talk, and I havent really heard Mcguffie's name...

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Sam's only a redshirt sophomore. He's definitely got the physical skills to be a dangerous all-purpose back in the NFL. He also has the ability to be a dangerous return man.

He's been asked to play a big role in Rice's offense and he's done a pretty good job so far...catching a lot of passes, while also averaging over twelve carries a game.

I hope that he stays at running back when he gets to the next level. I think he'd be a great fit on a team like Denver or New England.

17. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

It's shame he went to Rice he is an SEC caliber back, and that's a feeding tube right into the throat of the NFL.