Sam Darnold said all the right things in his U.S. Open cameo

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LF911SC, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

New to the Jets, are we?

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Say what you will about the Wild Card game vs. Spittsburgh, Tebow. Even Brock Osweiler had his moments.

#62 jetophile, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  3. jetophile

We are definitely mired in disappointment, negativity, and bitterness. I guess you just had to be there - for the last 50 years. Most Monday mornings during the season, I'd eat my cereal and feel like I was eating a bowl of crushed glass. Trust me, there aren't enough goddamn Rolaids in the world. Teams lose in epic fashion, but I can guarantee you that no other team in NFL history has lost as epically, and on top of it, as epically as many times. It's not about getting blown out, it's just the WAY the Jets would lose. As in you couldn't script it or make it up if you tried. It's a badge of honor in a sick way.

You gotta be in it to win it! And then we'd be in it . . . and blow pineapple chunks. Epically. Did I mention epically? Forget individual games, I'll be here until 2060. We all stick with them do or die because we have mental problems. No loyalty problems, strictly mental.

#63 jetophile, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  4. jetophile

Haha.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

LOL, wow Ralebird really got your riled up ... relax

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

No gender related offense intended. No name calling is necessary but certainly you could get a little more original.

Your posting would be substantially better if the feel-good stuff was supported with some facts. Rah-rah may be all that's necessary to satisfy many here, some of us have had fifty years of baseless cheerleading - if this is different show us how. We don't know anything at all about what goes on inside the homes of these players; if you somehow have a greater insight that would be valuable to know, otherwise it's just more fluff.

7. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I’m not sure if you got the memo when you joined this site but this is a fact-based only fan forum.

All your feel-good stuff that maybe you've gleaned from being an alumni who knows Sam or from other alumni who knows Sam personally or through people who know Sam and his family personally is just second hand heresay lollipops and rainbows.

Unless you've lived in the Darnold household since birth, and have tagged along with Sam through his childhood, his formative years, adolescence and college, all the positive fluff pieces you have to say about Sam is just, well....how delicately can I say it...it's frowned upon.

Keep your unicorns tied up, there is NO place for that type of positive claptrap on a subjective opinion based fan forum.

In other words, just the facts, ma'am, just the facts.

8. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Yeah but how long will it be before he starts being thrown to the Lions Den should Josh McCown and Teddy Bridgewater falter?!

9. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

At least we’re not the Falcons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

A real Jet fan wallows in their disappointment, negativity and bitterness. We treat fandom as an ordeal to be suffered and savored at the same time.

If you've ever seen A Man Called Horse you'll get the idea of what being a true fan of the New York Jets is like. We're strung up by our nipples on an annual basis and we like it by god!

Brook! and Ralebird like this.