Sam Darnold 2017 Games Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Never happen ... the Giants are a well-run organization (unlike us); they'd never be stupid enough to pass on this guy.

2. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

That's Rosen ... talented guy with a dislikeable personality and who has teammates who hate him.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  3. Rextasy

Rextasy Well-Known Member

If Darnold comes out(doubtful) and makes it to the Jets pick(doubtful) we should all be thankful that his OL and WRs were horrible last night.

4. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Other rookies have come here and done well. Sanchez, for one, and even Geno went 8-8 his rookie year. I think these guys are head and shoulders above those two, so I don't have any reservations about them starting if they earn it in TC and preseason. Will they make mistakes? Of course they will! However, what we want to see from them are a propensity for positive plays instead of the reverse. Coupled with the Jets defense, a few good FA pickups and I feel even a rookie QB can get the Jets into the playoffs next year.

5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I am on record going back well before this game that Darnold should go back for another year and I still believe that would be in his best interest.
    Last night he was what I have thought he was.
    He can wow you with a great throw when the play breaks down and cause you to do a face plant when he misses an easy throw.
    His ball security issues were on display as well.
    Last night his line constantly broke down, forcing him to run for his life repeatedly, but all season, he would panic and take off if his primary Reciever was covered anyway.
    He is just too inconsistent at this point and I have major concerns about his turnovers at the next level. Nearly 1-1 TD-TO ratio does not equate to NFL FQB. There's alot to clean up before he will be NFL ready.

6. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Per Ian rappaport - Sam darnold has officially declared for the 2018 nfl draft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12, Cman60 and donkey like this.
  7. Rextasy

Rextasy Well-Known Member

Big news, 1 of the 4 will be a Jets. Hopefully Sam but don’t have high hopes for that.

8. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Fuck. If only the Colts had the 2nd overall pick.

Big Cat likes this.
  9. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

That's huge news. Very surprised. Great news for the Jets though as it makes a great QB falling to them much more likely. Really impacts the entire QB market this off-season

xxedge72x likes this.
  10. xxedge72x

xxedge72x Well-Known Member

Definitely great news for us.

Even if a worst case scenario happens and we get jumped twice at picks 3 and 4 (5 straight QBs), we will still have our choice of any non-QB in the country.

We need the QB, but basically getting the best of the rest would still make this team significantly better.

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

So you didn't really see it because you had 'other things to do' ?....

not a problem, tell us all about it anyway, especially the part where USC's OL throughly dominated OSU's "overmatched" DL while limiting them to 8 sacks..