Safety Jamal Adams from LSU

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 26, 2016.

1. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

I like Hooker from Ohio State more then Adams for this Jets team right now. Better Free Safety and a ball hawk. Something idk if we've ever had. Pryor had a bad year but so did every player on defense aside from Leo. I think Pryor can still be a solid strong safety but I don't think he will ever live up to his draft selection. Hooker would make Pryor a better player and he would make whatever corners we have better.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

My reasoning exactly. You are not gonna turn around this lousy defense with ONE defensive player or 10 of them. You will need to score at some point in the game so try and get some offensive talent on this team, like a QB which we have none. These people on these boards asking for another defensive first round pick. Where exactly has that logic gotten us for the last 8 years.

NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I would take a chance on him.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We'll just have to agree to disagree on him. Bowles has already proven that he doesn't hold players accountable and has little control over players. Drafting Mixon would be an unmitigated disaster if he is truly a thug or even a borderline thug.

5. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

after finish all his games film this year what a great player wont be there at #6 99% sure True Safety excels in the box and in coverage.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

An excellent video analysis of Adams.

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Good find!!

As mentioned in another thread, Adams is a true leader, something our defense needs.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I watched this yesterday, very good insight on Adams. The tape really shows why you don't want Adams playing single high safety all of the time, he can play it but you are then taking away his best strengths. He's a potential all-pro at strong safety.

9. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

i dont think he lasts till #6 i think the players that will slide are solomon thomas and johnatan allen with our luck ...

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Thanks. That certainly lays out a strong case for him to be somebodies #1 pick. And to play devil's advocate here, maybe he warrants being picked by the Jets, if he's still there at #6. But as others have posted here, including you and I, there are a LOT of needs for the Jets and you could make a case for taking any number of positions first. So I guess you have to step back and try to answer the question:

"What position provides the most bang for the buck, relative to who they currently have, and who is available?". In fact, this could probably be its own thread. I think most would agree that QB is the best answer for the first two parts of that question, but maybe not for the last part. Obviously, I think QB IS the right answer for the entire question, but I can definitely see where an elite player like Adams - or any of the others mentioned - could be the right answer too.

I look forward to seeing this guys analysis of Hooker.

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Haven't you heard? Adams is projected to be a legendary player that gets us nowhere ...for the Jets that fits the bill along with Pryor and Lee... lmao

Sometimes I think nobody on TGG knows that the forward pass was invented,,,,

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You built a million defense filled with FA and high draft picks and opponents rolled over you

Why? Your Offense set a record for three and outs instead of producing points

High powered O is your BEST D

ColoradoContrails and Red Menace like this.
  13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

If he is selected, guess what TB will have him play?

We already know that TB is capable of putting players in roles they can't play, he is just as bad as Rex was with Quinton.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I believe in balance. Atlanta proved without a shadow of a doubt what a potent offense and a dismal defense can do. Loose a Superbowl that was totally in their hands. But I do agree with you that the Jets are in a totally different planet, with a completely inept offense that no defense can ever overcome.

#94 LAJet, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    NYJetsO12 and Red Menace like this.
  15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

That's what I am afraid of, and the Jets already have Pryor on the roster, so I would bet they would try and use both in the same lineup. No bueno. If they get Adams, they need to trade Pryor

Red Menace likes this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'd sure take getting to a SB and losing, over what the Jets do year after year.

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

That, my friend, is unquestionably the understatement of the year. Making the playoffs would be refreshing, getting to the SB would be a dream, winning it would be priceless.