Safety Jamal Adams from LSU

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 26, 2016.

1. ImNotTimid

ImNotTimid Member

If CB and RB aren't addressed in rds 1 & 2. I'd look at CB Rasul Douglas and RB Kamara

2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

How can you be so sure he won't bust? People said the same about Trent Richardson.

Fournette had trouble running against Bama which many compare to an NFL ready defense.

FJF likes this.
  3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

If I was going to take a RB at # 6 it would clearly be Cook, I believe he will be an outstanding pro. I'm not sold on Fournette, health concerns and he's overvalued at #6.

4. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think Cook is the better back.

WW85 likes this.
  5. ImNotTimid

ImNotTimid Member

Cook may in fact be the better back, but neither of them will be as good a pro as Elliott. Cook should not go in top 10 IMO

6. ImNotTimid

ImNotTimid Member

Anyone willing to consider thugmaster Mixon in the 2nd. I'd avoid that piece of shit like the plague

7. ImNotTimid

ImNotTimid Member

Also speaking of RB's, if anyone takes McCaffrey in the 1st it's a mistake. I think he needs to be in a RB tandem, he's not going to be a bellcow

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

My god what a highlight film he is flashy as hell

xxedge72x likes this.
  9. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

People get too worked up about the position. Adams and Foster are easily top 10 talents in this draft. Rather take one of those two than reach on a guy like Trubisky just because he's a QB.

BomberJet, NCJetsfan and WW85 like this.
  10. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I'd be happy with this pick.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

11. JetSetter47

JetSetter47 New Member

What I do like about his game that he wraps up his tackles and not go for the kill shot 100% of the time like Pryor does. I like Pryor and big hits are "nice" but as we've seen with Pryor but players like him don't last very long in the league.

ajax likes this.
  12. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Those 40 point games came at the end of the season, when it didn't matter. I will agree that there were a few breakdowns in the secondary early in the season allowing for a few long TDs but it wasn't something that happened more than once in a game. For the most part, the Jets defense performed admirably given the lack of offense and the turnovers that occurred. Unfortunately, with all the top picks on the Jets defense, the hype was that this was going to be a shut down defense. It wasn't that, but it was still a good defense and capable of getting the Jets into the playoffs if the offense does it's part.

As for taking a safety at #6, I don't think you do that unless he's clearly BPA and you have 1) a strong pass rush and 2) capable corners.

13. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

So we draft a corner at 6? There's no pass rusher worth taking there outside of Garrett....maybe Harris?

14. Brandon Moore's Butt

Brandon Moore's Butt Active Member

What about Barnett? He's definitely worth a look at 6. Might not be the guy at the top of everyone's wish list but I wouldn't be unhappy at all taking him there.

15. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Didn't say we had to draft CB or PR, just saying I don't think a S at #6 without those two positions secure would be effective. The one caveat, I would consider is if I (being a GM) was convinced that this guy was the second coming of Troy Polamalu or Bob Sanders. But that was the skinny on Pryor who isn't Polamalu by any stretch.

My thinking on this draft is that any improvement on offense will help the defense. Therefore, my priority for this draft is:

1. Deshaun Watson - Jets desperately need a franchise QB and this guy has a good shot at being it.
    2. Fournette or Cook - A solid running threat will help any QB.
    3. Rueben Foster - It's defense but I think this guy is too good to pass up if 1 and 2 are gone.

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I disagree. A STUD RB can be a real difference-maker and would take a lot of load off the QBs. Short of a stud QB (Watson, Trubisky), or possibly Garrett (who won't be there at 6 anyway), FOurnette or Cook are the best picks.

westiedog1 likes this.
  17. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

If the Jets pick Watson with their #1 , they would the laughing stock in the NFL , if they already aren't to this point. Not only admitting that they gaffed on picking Hackenberg in the 2nd round last year and plus they would have 3 QB''s with a total NFL game experience of barely 4 sitting on the side lines? Don 't kid me for a second that Watson is a 1st year starter, pulease :rolleyes:

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Two wrongs don't make a right. If they did make a mistake on Hackenberg, why would they NOT pick another QB? They still need a FQB no matter what. And Watson could be every bit a 1st year starter in light of Dak Prescott and other gifted QBs. Sure, maybe he's not that gifted, but the Jets need to gamble.

blackssmagic and westiedog1 like this.
  19. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Adams is the best Safety I've seen in College since the late, great Sean Taylor & Eric Berry.

Adams makes tons of plays close to the line of scrimmage, and he's still very accomplished in coverage.

I can't believe so many like Hooker better than Adams, IMO, it's not even close, Adams is a far superior player. I live in Columbus and have seen all of Hooker's games and while he's a solid player, his body of work is a lot less impressive with less experience.

jetfan59 and blackssmagic like this.
  20. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

No RB or QB is going to thrive for the Jets until we get the O-Line fixed.

buddapaw likes this.