Russia in Syria

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by mute, Sep 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Looks like we are not in it alone. Joint effort by UK France and USA. Show Putin we will not stand for a preemptive chemical genocide against women and children

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

A Trump voter NotSatoshi against the strike. A Trump hater Antoni and Brook love the attack. What is going on? :)

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  3. Brook!

So Germany and Italy decided to sit this one out. Should be interesting in terms of European dynamics. I wonder if US flying air crafts over western Syria where Russia is protecting the air space. Time to assess the capabilities of those S-300 and S-400's.

4. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

5. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

6. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

There are thousands of these.

7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Russia isn't going to do shit but continue their propaganda campaign.

Mattis says this is it for the moment. No plan to push. Three locations targeted specifically for their chemical weapons producing capabilities.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

id hate to see the whole world in a big fucking mess over little old syria. putin needs to go, assad needs to go but man oh man this could get ugly.

Br4d likes this.
  9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

To put this in perspective: Hosni Mubarak resigned as President of Egypt a month before the Jets drafted Mo Wilkerson. The Jets were just coming off of an AFC Championship Game appearance.

Since then we've had major escalations in the region in response first to the emergence of ISIS in Syrian and Iraq and then the Russian campaign to stabilize Syria.

Every time we indicate that our resolve in the region is weakening something happens that pulls us back in. It's like we're being baited into staying in the fight.

alleycat9 likes this.
  11. Brook!

Russia was brash. Said any attack on Syria will be dealt with a response. Basically USA went into Putin's bedroom, slapped Putin's lover and left and Putin couldn't do nothing. Last night I went on twitter and messed with Russian folks under the Russian Embassy posts. They hated when I called Putin paper tiger. Russian people's national pride is hurt. This is priceless. So what did USA do? Nothing really. A few missiles, a few air crafts and mission accomplished. Russian S-400's were a failure.

Russia isn't the Russia of the old. Their economy is in shambles. Putin is just trying to save face. What Russia did in Crimea and Ukraine made Putin feel like he can do whatever he wants. Now USA and allies gave Putin the message. Don't talk too much or we will come to your bedroom and slap your bitch.

CBG and dawinner127 like this.
  12. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The sooner we can crush this evil Syrian dictator, the sooner we can provide those poor surviving children with a real living making Nike shoes and NBA jerseys in a somewhat humane factory.

HomeoftheJets and FJF like this.
  14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Not sure what that guy means by unconstitutional, unless he's saying the Commander in Chief didn't make an outright Declaration of War. The never-ending cycle of crap in the ME will never end, but I can't say that I'm averse to an allied effort taking out factories that were producing mustard gas and chemical weapons for Assad to gas his own people. As controversial and misguided as the Iraq War was, I don't doubt that WMDs were shoved across the Syrian border. Look what is happening there. Not that they're using those weapons, but as shitty as our intelligence was, something went on there.

No, I do not want to get involved in another ground war either, but I'm not clear why the preservation of human life is an issue for you on this. I reckon because it will cost more U.S. soldiers their lives, as well as other lives, as well as the lives of children who will be seen as 'collateral damage'. I wish in many ways the U.S. didn't consider part of its job to be the world's police, but to sit back knowing people are being poisoned to death as fact and do nothing is morally bankrupt.

People complained about Rwanda and were appalled that the U.S. didn't go in over atrocities you can't even imagine because we don't have a teeming economic interest there. Well, we have a minor economic interest in Syria, yet people are still complaining. Rwanda. I remember when the sham U.N. gave them a time-line to stop the genocide, but that's a story for another day.

I just don't ever see anything being resolved in the ME to the point where there's even a semblance of stasis or relative peace. Because people are Chimps. I guess it just depends who is better or worse at a chess game at the moment, and that clock will always be ticking. TIME!

15. jetophile

Bassel Assad International Airport, are there flights there from Stewart International from Norwegian Airlines? I want to see the ruins of Palmyra!

Sick joke aside, Norwegian out of Stewart is so dirt cheap, you wouldn't believe it.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

This will only end up creating a bigger conflict, another conflict, more terrorists, or all of the above. We aren't the worlds police force, there's innocent people being killed all over the world by bad people every day. Many of them just south of our border.

People act like the god damned Holocaust is going down in Syria.

FJF likes this.
  17. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Phew, for a second there, I thought Assad was using chemical weapons on innocent civilians like Hitler did. Thanks for letting us know he's not doing that at all.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Trump drank water today, just like Hitler did. As usual your post is absent minded.

19. jetophile

So I was right on the world's police force part at least. We aren't in disagreement there, so good enough. Mexico is a murderous mess, yet they have the frugal means to take care of their own garbage in many ways. It's kind of a dead end argument, even though we stole their country 150 years ago. Vincente Fox (a "white" Mexican with direct Spanish heritage), looked down on his own people like they were dogshit because he was Spaniard elite. He encouraged those brown toilet cleaners to jump the border because he didn't want to deal with the poverty, discrimination he adhered to, horrific unemployment, deplorable conditions in some areas, and then proceeded to laugh in our faces. But yeah, we're not invading Mexico anytime soon over cartels because border agents aren't even allowed to tote guns.

I understand your point, though. It's so unbelievably out of control there. There's a 'murder field' in a remote place in Mexico (can't recall the name of the "town"), with over 40 young women who were dumped (some buried, some exposed, make shift crosses for most of the buried). Drug related, you know it. I'll try to find it sometime.

#299 jetophile, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  20. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

about 20 mins ago

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.