Russia in Syria

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by mute, Sep 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Same warning was given to Obama administration by Bush administration about Iraq. Seems we'll be at war in the Middle East forever. For what? One conflicts breeds the next. It's a never ending cycle.

The military industrial complex needs to eat.

DimsAllmighty likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i hear bitcoin is the place for your 401k to grow

Brook! and NotSatoshiNakamoto like this.
  3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I thought bitcoin was dead?

4. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

We have to do the same thing as we did last year but go all in. Warn the Russians in advance, give them less than 24 hours to get out of the way, and then we bomb the fuck out of Syrian military bases. Not just 59-60 missiles(I think 1 failed) this time, bomb the whole fucking dictatorship to hell. If you're ever going to do a regime change this is the time. Putin will have no other option but to back down. Remember Putin wants the USA as a pseudo-enemy but does not want to fight us. He only wants to fight small enemies. We have to neuter Assad.

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Syria, see, this is what I mean. Armchair primatologist here. Humans are primates. Chimps wage war, coordinate attacks, hunt in tandem, are extremely violent, rip each other to shreds, single out other Chimps for death, shun other Chimps, are tribal bullies, and commit chimpicide daily. Religion elevates mankind? See how I laugh. We'll always be Chimps. There is nothing that singles us out or crowns us exceptional except verbal speech. I really wish people would somehow accept that and get used to the idea. We'll never get beyond or evolve beyond being murdering assholes. It's not in our DNA. Elon Musk and space, haha. We'll just kill each other somewhere else.

#265 jetophile, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    HomeoftheJets, FJF and nyjetsmets89 like this.
  6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I think it's horrid what Assad did and I agree, we need to go in and wreck them. Chemical attacks on civilian populations is beyond sick and as human beings, we need to ensure it stops happening.

It's just interesting that we are pissed that they are killing civilians with chemical weapons, but it's totally okay for us to go in and kill them with explosives and bullets.

Also, hope everyone filled up on gas because Trumps tweets will increase global instability in the region increasing oil prices.

7. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

While I understand gas attacks against civilians populations should be considered a crime against humanity and dealt with appropriately, I have yet to see proof that the Syrian regime committed these attacks. This also goes for the previous attacks from last year. Why should we embroil ourselves into another conflict in the Middle East which could include a war with Russia, China and Iran over an attack that we have no evidence that Assad committed?

8. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

I ask people what the plan in Syria would be if we were to overthrow Assad (assuming Russian doesn't directly get involved)? Would we just roll in there, kill Assad and establish a pro-American democracy? Would it really be that easy? In reality this would most likely escalate the civil war sending millions of more refugees to America/Europe and who replaces the power vacuum? Most likely a fundamental Islamist group takes control and we have ISIS 2.0. We've seen this happen before and it will happen again. It's funny seeing most of the mainstream media and leftist who were primary against the war in Iraq so gun ho about entering into another Middle Eastern conflict and possibly a war with Russia.

FJF and NotSatoshiNakamoto like this.
  9. Greenday4537

What proof would satisfy you? Do you honestly believe the civilians are bombing themselves?

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Exactly. When will we ever learn?

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

12. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

The French have already proven that the nerve agent attack was done by Assad's regime and the Russians knew about it.https://www.nbcnews.com/news/mideast/u-s-has-blood-samples-show-nerve-agent-syria-gas-n865431

There is also the fact that the Russian military knew about the nerve agent attack in advance, and already started a troll campaign to create confusion about the chemical attack they knew would take place in the future. https://www.thedailybeast.com/russian-trolls-denied-syrian-gas-attackbefore-it-happened?ref=home

The biggest difference between Iraq and this is that there was much doubt about the intelligence of WMD. There is no doubt here. Putin and Assad knew about the attack and advance and had no problem gassing innocent children in the process. Assad has to go, and Putin needs to be put in his place while we take out Assad and he has to withdraw and do nothing. Putin cannot afford to look weak and pathetic in Syria and is hoping we do nothing or little at all. I'll take our missiles over their defense systems any day. I guess we'll find out who one-ups who very soon.

13. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

The rebels did a gas attack themselves in the past.......there is no hard evidence Assad did this, or last years bomb.

14. Greenday4537

There have been tons of chemical weapons use in Syria. Plenty by the Assad regime.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

What is more bombing going to do? The place has been bombed to hell for years. It's completely broken and people want to throw more bombs on it

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The best route at this point is to let the Russians shore up the already existing natural gas pipeline infrastructure and try to use it for their own gains.

Let them try to make money on it and then coup Syria internally and co opt it without anymore US money spent on the building.

Then go in and fix their shoddy engineering, because they are cheap assholes, then take their natural gas benefits away in the Mediterranean.

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Seems to me the best route at this point would be to clap our hands like a blackjack dealer finishing their shift at the table, walk away,go drill Alaska and speed up the process of getting off oil all together.

alleycat9 and NotSatoshiNakamoto like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Good plan, except the last part. We can't speed the process of getting off oil all together. King idiot trump doesn't believe in global warming, so he's attacking any new energy source research and it has set us back

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Here we go with yet another unconstitutional war we don't need to be involved with.
    [​IMG]

20. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

They waited until he stock market closed on Friday of course haha. I am all for these strikes, we have to beat Putin and Assad here. Not just fire a couple of missiles and call it a day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.