Rumors about the third pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJT73, Mar 20, 2018.

1. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

So many pundits are putting their opinions about what the Jets will do with the third pick and who they will pick. Here are some of the things I am hearing.

1. Some reports feel: The Jets have no idea what they are doing and might even trade out of it. They might take Barkely. Originally didn't think they'd take a qb. Now he thinks they do but the team has no clue.

2. Some reports: Mac loves Josh Allen and thinks the Jets traded up for him thinking the Browns will take Darnold and the Giants take Barkely.

3. Some reports: That the Jets are happy with Allen or Rosen and they would be the pick if Darnold is one, Allen two and they get Rosen.

4. One report: The Jets love Lamar Jackson and traded up for him. I think that is a crazy idea.

5. Going back to one. The Jets have no idea and do love Lamar Jackson and want a kings ransom for number three to get more picks and Jackson (this one is crazier than 4).

I thin scenario 2 and 3 are more spot on and I can even see where the Jets give up a 3rd rounder to move up a spot with the Giants (I hope that doesn't happen).

Either way over the next month plus it will be fun to watch and see what happens with the pick and what the Jets do. I'm hoping Rosen is the selection but that is me.

Noam likes this.
  2. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

So what they are saying is the Jets have no idea of what they are doing. Total BS

harts24, hornblower, Jets69 and 8 others like this.
  3. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I haven’t heard half of these “rumors”. Not sure where you are hearing them. There isn’t much to figure out here:

Either they feel very confident their guy will be there at 3 or they like 2-3 players and expect to have a choice when they get on the clock.

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Can you enlighten us to where you're "Hearing" these things, because I think most are batshit crazy bullshit

harts24, Freddy Mondo, zace and 3 others like this.
  5. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Rosen and Allen rumors I've seen from the beat writers. Listenting to radio Esiason think Rosen, Bart Scott thinks Allen and other teams reporters and other people in the NFL and Mike Florio think the Jets got fleeced or have no clue what they are doing.

I disagree with that. The Jets knew if it got closer they would've given up the 3 2's and probably 2019's 1. I think it is a good aggressive move knowing that Rosen or Allen will be there and they fit what you are looking for. Rosen's health scares me and Allen's accuracy scares me. That beig said it was the right thing to do. Hopefully we get the right one and it changes our franchise for the good.

FlaJet likes this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Stop it. They didn't trade up for Lamar Jackson. Darnold and Rosen are top. Then comes Mayfield and Allen. After the pro days and interviews etc Jets will either pick Mayfield or Allen if somehow Barkley doesn't go 1 or 2. So it is either Darnold-Rosen if they are there at 3. If not it is either Mayfield or Allen.

JETS1116, sec314, M00ndawg and 6 others like this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Great.... this practically guarantees success!

harts24, FJF, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  8. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

It's seems like the "experts" also don't know what they're doing. But if you list every scenario the jets can make at the 3 spot someone is bound to get the right answer.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  9. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

It better not be Allen. They won't have a stadium to play in cuz I am burning it down.

MurrellMartin likes this.
  10. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Just kidding FBI, CIA, ATF, and all other law enforcement entities.

11. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

That's scary. I'm pretty sure Bart Scott was hyping up Bridgewater & Crowell to the jets weeks ahead of time.

12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's all speculation, the fact there are so many rumors goes to show mac is doing a good job with his smoke screen. remember he also tried to trade into the 1 and 2 spots so it's likely he has an idea what the browns and giants are thinking. both must have their eyes on someone pretty hard to turn down the jets offers. If he made the deal to 3, i'm willing to be mac has 3 QBs he really likes or fully knows the NYG aren't taking a QB

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If the Jets didn't have a plan, they would have stayed at 6.. This is simply some of that well known anti-Jet bias coming out..

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Rumors without links to show which idiot is spreading them makes you .... well you know what that makes you, right?

FJF likes this.
  15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I heard the Hets love Drew Lock and will draft him at 3 and are willing to wait a year until he finishes college.

legler82 likes this.
  16. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

That seems right to me. It may be a bad plan or it may be a good plan, but you only move up if you have a reason to do it.

hornblower, Br4d and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  17. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

There is no way that QB's go 1,2,3.
    I doubt there are 3 picked in the top 10.
    This class is getting way too much hype for what they really are as future NFL players.

18. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Mike Florio. Omfg

[​IMG]

harts24, legler82 and Catfish Billy like this.
  19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Nobody knows what they are as future NFL players because nobody can see into the future. Only Time Will Tell if this class is great or not.

hornblower likes this.
  20. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Who if anybody is getting picked in the top three?

21. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

what I note when I read articles like this there are a number of possible reasons:
    1. Page hit articles with no substance aka Conner Hughes.
    2. Rumors with no supporting data such as undisclosed sources such as the two articles recently released by Cimini and Costello speculating on Allen as macs guy based on his measurables. Purely speculation also written for page hits but a bit more honest than Hughes type articles.
    3. Articles with actual undisclosed sources. generally these are more credible especially when we see multiple beat writers. This is something we have not seen much of the Mac era. Although we did see it a lot when they correctly picked Hackenburg to us in rd. 2.
    4. Smokescreen articles released by the Jets to spread false rumors. We have seen a lot of this in the Mac era.

So far we have seen articles that the Jets love Allen, love Mayfield, won't draft Mayfield, won't draft Allen as he does not fit the system and even more. But no evidence of any sources. Which leads one to believe its either disinformation or just speculation for page hits. Hopefully we will see more consistent information soon as to where we are going. I do love the suspense.

Walt White likes this.
  22. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

here's my honest opinion.

I think we traded up to 3 because we feel either:
    1) The first two picks are QB and Saquon falls.
    2) First two picks are QB and Saquon and our QB falls.

In scenario one I think we take Saquon then look to move back into the mid/late first for Lamar Jackson. I think we've positioned ourselves in front of the Browns for this very reason. I presume we are going QB at 3 but I am not convinced. I think the Jets feel they have a guarantee at a guy they love at 3 and have 2 paths to take with the pick.

babyknight likes this.