Rumor: Brees to T.O. in Miami - "Miami's new TD duo"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYSackXchange, Mar 6, 2006.

1. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

He had a torn Labrum injury that required Arthoscopic Surgery. The Rotator Cuff was noticed and cleaned up During the surgery.

2. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

I'm pretty sure that's why they had him eat 6 million and are looking for a QB.

3. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Brees-Brown-Ricky-TO-Chambers-McMichael.

Wow.

Still no defense though.

4. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

:eek:hmy: :lol: totally overlooked that one. I hope the fins can keep scoring cuz this does not look good

5. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

gotta agree with jhtj there. it was a very different injury that brees suffered. one that qb's and pitchers come back from readily....a torn labrum is not a career threatening injury, VERY different from a torn rotator cuff.

6. dolphins22

dolphins22 Banned

miami allowed less than 20 pts again last year w/ a lot of new players and a new defensive system. they improved mightily as the season wore on and the players became more comfortable w/ system. w/ the addition of capers and the already great defensive knowledge of saban, i'm not worried about miami's d in the slightest. they also had more sacks than any team in the nfl. miami's days of sitting back and waiting for teams to pick them apart are over. i can only see improvement over last year where they ranked better than half of all nfl teams. they are getting younger and stronger on d. you may not have heard of all the new names on miami's d but you will.

7. Motorboat

Motorboat New Member

Uhh, again... have an idea what you are talking about. Miami gave up 26 sacks last season. Only 3 teams gave up less.

8. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

I'm feeling lazy tonight, but that deserved to be reposted.

9. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

Dont compare Brees and CP, they arent the same QB and their arms arent in the same situation. Brees is actually a good QB and can make a bounce back.

Wow, I guess Miami is selling out its D for O. They'll be like Oakland now. Star WR, big back, no QB, and a slashed up D that has a couple of greats and 9 suckies at best.

10. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

So you critisize the Brees to Pennington comparison and then turn around and compare him to Collins? Are you retarded?

How the hell are we trading Defense for Offense? I live in a football world where I understand that the game is played on a level above the talent on the field if the scheme is good enough. You say you live in Miami, but you ignored the tremendous rookie play from CB Daniels and OLB Crowder? What about our 2nd round pick/1st round talent DE Roth? He's the guy that found it hard to find playing time behind both of our Pro-Bowl DE's. Those are the guys who manned arguably the best Defensive line in Football last season.

We've got some guys on the up in the age Department, but Zach and Taylor played better last year than ever - and new talent is being added as best as possible.

I don't know why I'm even explaining the situation to you. You're just a lonely Bucs fan lost on a Jets board.

11. Joeyd223

Joeyd223 New Member

Yea im sure t.o would love bree's deep ball epicially after he has the surgery on his shoulder.... hahaha....:finssuck:

12. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

The Dolphins may have been in cap hell, but they saved more than $17 million with the cuts of Sam Madison, Junior Seau, Reggie Howard, Tebucky Jones, and Damion McIntosh. I'm sure they have also done a few restructures as well. Freorrote is also expected to be cut saving even more cash. I would also think that if the Dolphins were adding T.O. that Marty Booker would likely be let go as well.

13. Se7eN aka Da Bad Guy

if we get brees and TO my season tickets to the jets wont be so bad ne more i wont have sit threw a losing game

14. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

Haha... I dont believe this one bit.. T.O. Is going to want out if they dont go to the playoffs or SB. It might be true next year might be uncapped, they will be in deep shit with the cap after 2007. I'll believe drew brees but not both.

If they come to a agreement i still dont believe it, chambers is a number one he wont have that.

#34 28rogerblaze51, Mar 7, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2006
  15. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

like when the eagles got him and they finally got to the superbowl???and who was the best eagle on the field that day anyway?

16. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

I have a hard time believing it as well...

Brees should be close to a sure thing, but the TO rumors aren't accurate in my opinion. I think TO's going to Dallas...

Later...

17. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

I've been a Brees fan since he was at Purdue. This would seriously suck.

18. TomatoPie

TomatoPie New Member

Adding T.O. is a huge mistake to any team except someone who is a Super Bowl contender. T.O. can behave for one year -- one year only. And Miami needs to rebuild. T.O. is poison.