Rumor: Brees to T.O. in Miami - "Miami's new TD duo"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYSackXchange, Mar 6, 2006.

1. NYSackXchange

NYSackXchange Active Member

sports bloggers live ..... http://sports.aol.com/bloggerslive

(I am not sure if you guys can get to the aol sports blogs.... link provided anyways.)

Not only is saban working on getting Brees.... TO is rumored to be a future dolphin! They are saying it will be "Miami's new TD duo"

If this happens, it is not a good thing for us!

2. boogerstyles

boogerstyles New Member

how is it possible for them to afford both of them? that doesn't add up.

3. Righty

Righty Banned

I don't know if they have the money or the guts to do this. Them taking T.O and having Ricky Williams on your team is too much.

4. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

let them deal with the headaches... remember... Brees has the same injury CP has. He might not even come back flashy.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That would be terrible for Miami so I hope it happens. There's no way they're going to be able to squeeze Booker, T.O., Chambers, McMichael, Ronnie Brown, Williams and Wes Welker all into the gameplan. It's just like sending Randy Moss to Oakland. He has to be a one man team.

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I do not fear Miami bringing in Brees and TO. They will be competitive either way, and we have shut down Brees many times in the past. TO is also as big a question mark as anyone.

7. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

They can have them. TO is only good for a year or 2 anyway. Brees just had rotator cuff surgery and will get pummeled in our division.

8. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Again, Brees had very minimally invasive surgery, and is a month ahead of his rehab schedule. (It was arthroscopic, not surgical like Penny's.) He is expected to be throwing normally by the start of spring minis.

The CS in SD is angry about losing Brees. The only reason he isn't wearing a bolt on his helmet next year is because their GM is tired of having his infamous trade for Rivers blow up in his face.

9. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

I hope not. I wouldn't want Miami having either. I'd say Brees is more realistic for them though...

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Brees had the best all-purpose running back in the NFL behind him, a solid o-line, and he threw to his tight end everytime.

I know Ronnie Brown is going to be a good player and Miami has a solid TE with Randy McMichael, but they have a crappy o-line and Brees is already banged up. I see him being mediocre in Miami because he's going to get hit alot and he won't be able to dump it off to Gates or Tomlinson anymore...

11. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

If they get these guys, the Dolphins will be more dramatic than that football team on that show from ESPN. What the hell was it called? Gamebreakers or something?

12. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

arent they in cap hell?? i know they probally got under but how can they afford owens brees and their draft picks.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Brees line sucks. What are you talking about? The last thing you have to worry about is Drew Brees in that offense. He's the perfect arm for the offense. Adding T.O. wouldn't be too smart in my opinion, though. Not because he's a "locker room killer," I really don't believe in that. I'd like to have a guy that goes 150% on every play in my locker room. I just don't think adding all those weapons would be smart considering you have an inadequate offensive line and it would be tough to design an offense including all of those players.

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I pray they get TO. That will end their season.

15. Viiiiilma51

Viiiiilma51 Member

So, tell us what you think about Chad considering he is coming off of two rotator cuff surgeries and obvioulsy plays in that same division.

#15 Viiiiilma51, Mar 6, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  16. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

Lets be real hear Miami never gets what they want everytime theres a big name player on the trade block or free agent market you always hear this bullshit sayin miami has a strong interest. Well they never get what they want and thats why they suck they too busy chasin the big name players when really you could build a good team by signing solid starters who can become great. I think they will get Brees but they still wont do anything spectacular. We just own them.

17. dolphins22

dolphins22 Banned

williams is working for the league minimum because he left. and welker is also fairly cheap considering we got him after chargers let him go for a small price.
    booker is also fairly cheap.

saban was quoted as saying that williams was one of his favorite players and a model player in terms of practice and preparation and just being easy to be around. he wasn't busted for pot but some holistic yoga medicine so his suspension probably won't happen.

there is a good chance that brees will be a dolphin but t.o. is still a big question mark. he is looking to buy a home in the miami. and w/ his reputation in the dumps he may sign for cheaper for a team he thinks is in contention. then he can prove everyone wrong. i don't really like his me 1st attitude but hopefully the last year has taught him something. and if it hasn't then nick will get rid of him.

hopefully cba will allow 105 million so dolphins can sign some players.

dolphins really do have some good team chemistry as of late and saban won't allow that to change.

rest assured w/ saban as dolphins coach your fun wannstedt days are over. be prepared for some cruel times ahead jet fans.

but at least u got rid of herm. i almost started calling him wannstedt 2. i can't understand why the chiefs would give u anything for him.

18. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

:up: :eek:hmy: a very accurate observation. :wink: :rofl:

19. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

TO did pretty well his first season in Philly. Tough call, eventually he'll be disruptive, but if gives them a single good year it's hard on us. Not like we'll be competing for anything next year anyways.

20. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

I'm not sure if this is just wishful thinking, or misinformed garbage of the mouth - but the injuries suffered were completely different. I won't even go into the fact that Chad's injury happened twice, with the 2nd having nothing to do with the first. Chad's just an injury prone piece of Glass.

Brees injured his labrum and had arthscopic surgery. During the surgery, they noticed a slightly torn rotator cuff that doctors agree is normal for most Qb's and Pitchers. He could have gone the rest of his career with that injury and might have never noticed. That was cleaned up while they were there and is not considered to be a factor in the least heading into the rest of his career.

Chad Tore his Rotator Cuff, and underwent a very different Surgery. If you don't know the difference between an arthoscopic Surgery and what Chad underwent I'd suggest you look it up.

On a side note, T.O was spotted looking for a home in South Beach shortly after his meeting with the Dolphins yesterday (According to Cold Pizza.) I don't know what to make of that source, nor do I know what to make of T.O in a Fin Uniform - But I trust Saban.

We'll see how it goes.