Romo on Darnold: He is going to be outstanding!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AlexJETS, Nov 3, 2018.

1. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

He would never come to the Jets. The only reason he turn down the Colts last year is because Kraft convinced him that once Belicheat retires he is the next head coach of the Pats.

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

6 years ????? I might be dead than or hit by a bus..lol

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Speaking of Coaches...Jim H is currently making 9 Mil per at Michigan (Saban at Ala make 6.5)

He is highest paid ..but wait our current doofus makes about 4..?

Guys..ya gets what you pay for..give this dude 12 Mil to come here and I bet he jumps...

Gruden averages 10 Mil per on his mega deal with Raiders

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Darnold apparently has gone about as far as Bates can take him with this present talent level on offense. Without a restructure of the entire hierarchy of the Jets, this dysfunction will continue as long as Superfan Chris makes operational decisions and Macc pretends to be a real GM.

ColoradoContrails, FJF and Brook! like this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Darnold needs a playmaker . Right now he has some nice complimentary pieces that would look really good if there was someone for the defense to have to cheat towards.
    Sign Bell.

6. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

While I agree in principle with experience being helpful and key to developing certain traits I also don't think it's required.

When I look around the NFL and see the state of HC's and what experience has done for them I'm not impressed with the results. There's about 12 active HC's right now I would take over Romo currently, I would say he there's only about 5 of those I'd rather have long term over just the potential of Romo.

If the potential of Romo seems greater at least in my eyes than 20 current HC's, then to me he's clearly worth the gamble. That's my fast and loose logic.