Rockinz Jets 2016 Mock draft 1.0

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rockinz, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Here is my mock pre free agency!

1. Titans: Tunsil OT, Ole Miss - Protect Mariota!
    2. Browns: Goff QB, California - Hue is a Cal guy and Goff is the most ready even though i don't think any rookie QB can succeed in Cleveland.
    3. Chargers: Wentz QB, NDSU - Might be a bit of a surprise with all the holes they have on D but Wentz is Rivers 2.0 but needs time to develop as a pro and the Chargers can give him that time behind Rivers.
    4. Cowboys: Ramsey DB, Florida st - With Carr out the door and a piss poor secondary the Boys hit the jackpot with Ramsey.
    5. Jaguars: Jack LB, UCLA - Jags land the most versitile defensive player in the draft.
    6. Ravens: Stanley OT, ND - They just signed Flacco long term and cut Monroe. Osemele could step in but it looks like he is testing the market.
    7. 49ers: Bosa DE, Ohio st - 9ers had very little pass rush last year and Bosa will help that issue.
    8. Dolphins: Hargreaves CB, Florida - Fins look to upgrade their shaky secondary with a local kid.
    9. Buccaneers: Elliott RB, Ohio st - Bucs look to replace Martin with EZ E.
    10. Giants: Buckner DE/DT, Oregon - Buckner fills some big holes for the Giants.
    11. Bears: Robinson DE/DT, Alabama - Bears need help up front on D.
    12. Saints: Floyd OLB/DE, Georgia - Saints lack of pass rush gets a huge boost with Floyd.
    13. Eagles: Treadwell WR, Ole Miss - Bradford gets a new toy opposite Mathews.
    14. Raiders: Conklin OT, Michigan st - Raiders might loos Penn and need to protect Carr.
    15. Rams: Lynch QB, Memphis - New city new QB to go with a strong D and Gurley.
    16. Lions: Ragland LB, Alabama - Lions need help at LB and Reggie can step in day 1.
    17. Falcons: Lawson DE, Clemson - Falcons need a better pass rush of the edge.
    18. Colts: Dodd OLB/DE/DT - Dodd can play all over the line for Indy.
    19. Bills: Jackson CB, Houston - Rex loves corners that can cover in man.

20. Jets: Derrick Henry RB, Alabama - Henry is a beast and a physical freak. TB wants to run the ball and play solid D and with Ivory on his way out we need a 3 down back that won't break the bank because of our lack of cap space.

2nd round: Su'a Cravens OLB, USC - This kid adds speed and coverage to our LB group. Although he lacks size he makes up for it with a great motor, speed and bend when rushing the passer.

3rd round: Deiondre' Hall CB, Northern Iowa - Hall is a long press man corner that reminded me a bit of Cro at the senior bowl.

4th round: D.J. Reader NT, Clemson - This 340 lb NT is just what the Dr ordered if Snacks walks.

5th round: Brandon Shell OT, South Carolina - Played both RT and LT at the colligiate level. He can step in for Breno at RT and has the feet to be our future LT down the road.

7th round: Darion Griswold, TE, Arkansas State - With Cumberland and Amaro being big question marks for the Jets we add another TE to compete at camp.

2. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Very disappointed with the first two picks. Who is going to get to the passer? Henry shouldn't be a 1st. He might get taken there but I can only justify taking him in the 2nd. He probably won't last but I would rather have Booker or Dixon.

angryjetsfan likes this.
  3. Jedabe

Jedabe Active Member

Henry would be a nightmare on the Jets- the guy doesnt accelerate well and the OL would not be very accomodating

jetsons121 and angryjetsfan like this.
  4. Rockinz

I knew i was going to take heat for the Henry pick but if you look how i have the draft going down we don't have a plethora of options at #20... Ogbah crossed my mind but he can't cover as a OLB and is more a pure DE.

Also we can't afford a high priced RB in the FA market and i truly believe in Henry as a player. Mangold and Carp create holes in the run game and this kid runs through arm tackles like nothing. His size, speed and cutting are really incredible given he is 245 lb and runs a 4.52. Not to mention he destroyed all the top Ds in the country last year. He is pro ready and will produce from day 1.

Craven can rush the passer with LM next year. I like that he can cover at an elite level as well. Given TB has a lot of exotic formations he fits our scheme very well.

#4 Rockinz, Mar 6, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  5. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Hate the pick at # 20.

There is Taylor Decker and several OLBs (Spence, Bullard, Lee, etc,) available there that could have an impact for us.

I am sure if we took BPA in round one we could have several good RBs available in round two or three.

angryjetsfan and FJF like this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

this.
    i would take decker here but would have no issue with spence either

James Hasty likes this.
  7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I would use our second and third rounder to move up so we could get Decker AND Spence.

Martin&theJETS likes this.
  8. Rockinz

I like Spence but he's not a OLB and that means he would only used on the pass rush on 3rd down. I cant justify spending a first rounder on a guy who will only play 5-10 snaps a game.

Bullard, Lee and Decker are all more of a reach than Henry is IMO.

9. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

I think Spence is much more likely to succeed as a 3-4 OLB than Cravens, but that's just my opinion and obviously you're entitled to your own.

Martin&theJETS likes this.
  10. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Like your pick at 20, especially in this draft. This guy scored 28 TD's in his senior year, that means the guy has a knack for the end zone. Having a guy that averaged almost 6 yds/carry could mean that Fitz (or whoever the Jets QB is) would find themselves in second and short situations consistently. Gailey could then have tremendous flexibility calling the next play. Defenses would be hard pressed to know what to defend. An RB is plug and play. Unlike a QB which may take time to develop, I can think of no other player, other than Elliott, that can have an immediate positive impact on the Jets offense.

BomberJet and Rockinz like this.
  11. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

If Taylor or Conklin are available at #20 the Jets would be hard pressed to pass either one up......there should be some solid pass rushing options available in round 2.

12. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

He carried the ball 400 times last season.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Then I'm glad you're not the GM. Those days (of trading up Tanny) are long gone, thank God! We only have 6 picks, no cap space to speak of and have lots of needs and holes, and you're gonna trade up? We need MORE picks, not less.

The fact that none of the teams witnessing Spence's Pro Day asked him to run LB drills could mean nothing, but probably is revealing. Since they were there, it was obvious that they were interested or at least doing due diligence. Why not ask him to run some LB drills unless you don't think he can play the position?

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If Henry is the pick at #20, I may turn in my Jets fan card or rent a billboard to fire Mac. I don't think Henry will be anywhere near as successful in the NFL as he was at Alabama. He's going to be playing against grown men, not undersized, slow college players. I could see him possibly even being a bust.

I don't want a RB at all in the 1st round, but if the Jets do, it should be Elliott, not Henry. In this particular draft, Elliott was gone, however. In those circumstances, if there was no one else the Jets liked there, I'd want them to trade down if possible. Aside from QB, DT, OG or C, I'd rather the Jets take any other position than a RB there.

#14 NCJetsfan, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Zeke Elliot or Floyd or the best WR or Edge rusher should be our first and sec picks

Everyone entitled to their opinion though

16. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Lol you built me up to break me down. I liked all the picks until i got to us. Henry is gahhhhhhhhbage.

17. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I'm leaning towards your train of thought. But if Mac grabs an OL that slips down I won't complain. If Elliot slipped down to 20 I won't complain.
    I'm not feeling Spence for us and will be surprised if we took him @2o.

I'm looking at LB for us. Doesn't have to be an OLB either.

Obviously we want that elite edge guy....so does everybody else. You just can't reach for it tho...

You need to land a good football player@20. It's essential for Mac&TB

Rockinz likes this.
  18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

weather wasn't to good there for his pro day. everyone might have wanted to gtfo. just a theory

19. Rockinz

With Ivory signed at the Jags for $6 mil, Henry is looking even better!

20. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Pretty high for a RB who carried the ball 395 times last year. I'd love him in the 2nd but Zeke is the only first round RB I'd consider.