Robocall Class Action

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Waterboy, Aug 22, 2017.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Some may remember if they got a call between 2009 and 2014 but I am guessing most won't. There is a class action lawsuit for people who received a call from Resort marketing Group on behalf of some cruise lines.

The payment is $300 per call for up to 3 calls, so a total of $900. If you had multiple lines you can fill out claims for each number. I just filled out claims for 5 numbers, hoping they called each at least 3 times.

Anyway, if you want to check your number you can check it here. https://www.rmgtcpasettlement.com/Landing.aspx Scroll down and click on the 3rd choice, that will take you to check your number.

stinkyB and FJF like this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I got 1 number

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The not so powerball.

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

woohoo.... prob will be getting a $3.39 check in the mail

5. The Waterboy

$300 bucks down the road to look forward to. The cut off for claims is November 3rd but the final hearing is not until April 2, 2018. If there are no objections to the final order I would think they would be sending the money out around June or July.

6. FJF

I filed my claim, not holding my breathe though

stinkyB and The Waterboy like this.
  7. The Waterboy

Actually this one is pretty good. They know how many people they have in the database and depending upon how many make a claim they have to pay between $7M and $12.5M. Reading up on it it seems they think all claims will be for the $300 to $900. I do know what you mean about low class action payouts though. Here is the first class action I ever got paid on, It wasn't worth going to cash it.
    [​IMG]

8. stinkyB

I remember a few years back always getting these bullshit messages about free cruises and shit..... so I checked that link. sure enough my # is on the list.
    I'm not holding my breath for $300, but that would be a nice bonus

FJF likes this.
  9. The Waterboy

Well whoever ends up getting $300-$900 owes me a beer or 2

Royal Tee, FJF and stinkyB like this.
  10. stinkyB

ha. works for me

11. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Probably a scam to get your phone numbers. WB, don't you work for a marketing group?

Royal Tee, The Waterboy and stinkyB like this.
  12. The Waterboy

I've been exposed

13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The Time Share buttholes were the worst, but that's another story. We went for FUN (and I do mean to laugh) at some bs in PA over some condos in FL in the early 90s. It was like being indoctrinated into the Moonies. And it probably was the goddamned Moonies. We laughed like hell, and no, we didn't buy shit.

I can't believe my # wasn't on the list because we were solicited ALL the time. For some odd reason, we would always get postcards about cruises, but phone calls only on occasion.

Robocalling is out of control, though. I am on the do not call list, but it really doesn't matter. Holy Hell, it gets me crazy. I now get local calls - tons of them - as in from my town. As in CID and names - and they're not wrong numbers. It's a scam to get your SS # or the heck knows what else. I finally called one of these jerks back because I was so annoyed. It was CONSTANT, CONSTANT, CONSTANT. As in 5 times a day or more while I was at work, 4:00 a.m. on a Saturday (thought a friend or relative kicked the pail), it was ridiculous.

I would get in these cheap revenge moods and call back crapheads and 'private calls' that loaded our landline with 'goodbye' whenever possible. I mean fukk, you can't even do *69 anymore, but ya work with it. So anyway, this one particular caller, surprisingly enough, not a fast busy signal or a 'disconnected' #, but a voicemail.

This is pretty great: "Not sure why you keep calling our home or what you want, but go fukk yourself in Macy's window you hump motherfukker. I know where you live." Dusted my hands off, felt very self-satisfied, and "it" never called again. jeto 1 - robocaller 0. In actuality, robocallers 80 billion, jeto 1, but that's OK. Life's little victories.

#13 jetophile, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I saw this a week or so ago and my number(s) did not qualify. I have no idea how as I routinely get one of those calls multiple times a year.

I wonder if there will be another lawsuit for the free $500 Walmart gift card calls. Because I get those too. Bastards. Disturbing the damn phone peace.

15. The Waterboy

So many of them are spoofed numbers calling from India, Pakistan or other scammers so those will never have any class actions since they aren't real companies. Resorts Marketing was actually hired by the cruise lines so for those called by this one at least might get some $$.

16. The Waterboy

Well so many people were involved the $300-$900 went down to $33, got two checks today

17. The Waterboy

You get your $33?

18. FJF

Didn’t as of yesterday.

19. The Waterboy

Well I opened the first one before and it was $33.36, didn't open the other right away and just did, it was only for $8.34.
    At least we were able to make sure the attorneys got millions.

Jonathan_Vilma and FJF like this.
  20. FJF

That’s all that matters

The Waterboy likes this.