Robert Griffin III is scheduled to visit the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I think he wants to be a LA Ram...I read something about that.

Anybody good will cost. Are there even any good QBs out there?

I'm almost getting to the point of letting GeNo and Petty have a go.

2. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

If RG3 can be had for a low risk deal and low money (i.e., not enough money to make re-signing Fitz difficult) this year, and team options for the following years, there shouldn't be any hesitation. The faster that he gets in there, the more time he has with the playbook, and that will better his chances for success.

3. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

This is telling me that the Jets are doing due diligence, which is nice for a change.

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Agree again but we can't measure RGIII's success based on what Fitz did last year as most likely our offense would look different.

5. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Our offensive system is QB friendly. Just ask Fitz. We might be able to get RGIII at 4 million. Have him Geno, Petty and RGIII duke it out. Best man wins. Give Petty another year on the bench and give him his shot next year.

We will see if RGIII or Geno have anything left. It's a good stop-gap plan and we will still get good production out of the QB position.

6. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Rapaport thinks Jets are trying to sign Fitzpatrick and Rg3.

7. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Nice! Sign these Beasts now!

Trade Geno for some kicking tee's too

NYJetsO12 and june19 like this.
  8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

But, but.....Geno....?

NYJetsO12 and heartpumpsgreen like this.
  9. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Maybe we could trade Geno for a serviceable punter...

Edit: Maybe Geno can punt?

Bills over Jets likes this.
  10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Trading to Denver...They want to bring in some competition for Mark Sanchez.

Sanchez + Geno tandem baby!

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he'd probably figure out a way to punt it backwards or something

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

$4 million? Lol.

They're trying to make Fitz come down to earth with this by putting the pressure on him. No waaay he wants to go to the wasteland that is Cleveland and the only other team is Denver, and he's a horrible fit for the offense much like Peyton was.

I like RG3 a lot but its tough to see any team wanting to put big time money into him.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

I think the case can be made that RG3 would be a significant upgrade over Fitz.
    1) Stronger arm. Can extend the field. Him with Marshall/Deck on the outside and Forte and Powell as a 2 back set is very intriguing.
    2) Significantly higher completion percentage (64%)
    3) At least as mobile as Fitz (post RG3 injuries) before that he was lights out.
    4) 2 to 1 TD/INT ratio for his career (though the trend was bad)
    5) Money is better

june19 likes this.
  14. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

Mac seems to hide what he's doing pretty well. Is it possible that the reason he's lowballing Fitz is that he doesn't want to Fitz to sign while he really wants RG3? Consider that there are all these reports (often based on claims that the sources are inside the organization) that the Jets are just talking to RG3 to put pressure on Fitz - if that were actually what they were doing then you wouldn't have Jet insiders saying that because Mac would make sure that didn't come out as it would weaken the pressure on Fitz. The only reason you'd put that out there is if you really don't want to sign Fitz and want to sign RG3 before anyone else realizes you intend to do that so that you can sign him quickly while others think he'll still be on the market a while. We only heard about RG3 visiting as he was actually visiting the organization (when its difficult to hide) after they said last week they had no interest. If they're really going after RG3 then they might try to get him to sign before he leaves the building later today.

This is all just speculation, but if the jets were trying to pressure Fitz the Jets insiders would never say that. Also, Casserly has been saying RG3 would be a great fit with Chan Gailey and Casserly was involved in hiring Mac and Bowles and may still be advising them in the background.

Here's an example of what Jet's insiders are supposedly saying (and in this article they cite 2 internal sources in this article) -

One of those people added that nothing is imminent. The Jets, the person said, are doing their due diligence on quarterback options and remain focused on doing a deal with free agent Ryan Fitzpatrick.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/03/robert_griffin_iii_to_visit_jets_per_sources.html

If you're trying to pressure Fitzpatrick, why would you ever say that you "remain focused on doing a deal with" Fitzpatrick. It just doesn't make sense for Jets insiders to say that if they want to do a deal with Fitzpatrick - it only makes sense for them to say that if in fact they want to do a quick deal with RG3.

#54 edray10, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    heartpumpsgreen likes this.
  15. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

So I guess the salary cap doesn't apply to the Jets this year?

16. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

Just say no to Geno starting been there and have seen that abortion. If we don't sign Fitz the RG3 would be my next pick till Petty or the franchise qb shows up

june19 likes this.
  17. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

My guess is RGI is the only QB who's demands Macc is talking seriously. Fitz must really be asking for a lot of dough.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Do we have that kind of money?

19. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

What do you think is the minimum RGIII takes?

20. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

I'd rather have RG3 at his price than Fitzpatrick. He's not damaged goods YET. I'd like to seem him play for an actual coaching staff/ team that believes in him. And if he's terrible, you can replace him in 2017 via the draft(assuming they don't draft a QB), but if he plays well, we may have a long term starter. His main problem is a lack of confidence/ comfort in the pocket, which is understandabe considering the two knee injuries he's suffered. I like the fit in Gaileys system.

almbleamal likes this.