Robby Anderson just doesn’t get it

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Mar 31, 2018.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You took this way too far. But I guess it gave you an excuse to drop terms that really aren't accepted in today's society and it should have never been accepted in the first place.

You took a hair comment relating to a minority athlete (in which instead of cutting their hair, perhaps they should seek professional help) to a completely different topic. All that shit you posted was unnecessary.

Now, I never called you a racist or anything negative. I mean if the shoe fits, but I hope I don't expect that out of you.

2. 101GangGreen101

He took a hair comment and went to the next next level. But again if the shoe fits, not sure why he got worked up on it. If he were kidding, we could've left it at that. But let me drop some racial terms to prove a point o_O

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

good point

4. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Don't get me started. LOL. In so many areas, we now have this zero-tolerance mentality where any exercise of discretion is frowned on. It started in schools when they started suspended any kid who got into a fight, even if he was defending himself. It's gone over into law enforcement, Any time a cop exercised discretion (i.e., gave someone a break), he got clobbered for it. Why'd you give this guy a break? Why didn't you give this other guy a break? Etc., etc., etc. After taking all that shit, most cops decided to, in their words, "Charge 'em all, and let God (the the prosecutor) sort it all out."

5. Since1969

Tony, are you saying one of the cops involved in Anderson's arrest got jacked up in another case for false reports?

6. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I'll tell you what happened to me on night here in S. Florida. It was late, around 1:45 am. Sat night. (Technically Sun morning) I had just come off a fishing boat and was heading home. I was on a Rd with a 30 mph speeding limit when I passed a marked car parked in a driveway just before the intersection. I was turning at the light so I was in the closest lane, Out it pulls and lights me up. I stop, roll down the window and put my hands on the steering wheel, both in plain view. The cop walked up to me, I was polite, good morning officer. His reply, do you know why I stopped you? No sir, I don't. Him, you were doing 25 in a 30 mph zone, at that second I know I'm fucked. This guy is having a bad night and he's looking for someone to take it out on. Him, your impeding the flow of traffic. I said I'm sorry, was slowing to make a right hand turn. Him liscence insurance, registration. 3 then 4 more ars pull up as I'm getting him my paperwork. I hand it all to him and explain I have not received the registration, I have the transfer of tags and sales form. The car was actually purchased today. (All legal, brand new vehicle with proper documentation)
    He draws his gun and presses against my head, I thought I was dead right there. Get out of the car, throw on the pavement. Cuffed and kicked by several officers. Dragged to the sidewalk and then stood against a wall and searched. Brought to the front of my vehicle my wallet, keys phone money all placed on the hood, questions start. Where are you coming from. I tell him, the ticket/receipt are right there , there are a couple cops searching the car, my fishing rods are thrown in the road, tackle box dumped. Then one cop walks up smiling like he just won the lottery. Throws my tool belt on the hood of my car, what's this??? I answered, my tool belt sir. Still being polite. Why do you have it in your car? I tell him I'm a home inspector, my business cards are in my wallet and the clipboard beside the toolbetoo has my reports and business license and insurance in it.
    I'm then sat against the bldg, more cops arrive and an SUV, the supervisor. He comes over and asked me what's going on. I tell him I don't know. Just bought the car today, went fishing and was pulled over on the way home. He calls the officer over who initiated the stop. Reviews the paperwork from the dealership, tells the cop, everything is in order , let him go. Tells me everything is fine , have a good morning and he gets in his car and leaves. All the cops go but the first. I figured he's writing me a ticket for the stop but after about 15 mins a tow truck pulled up. The cop throws my money, phone keys and tools back in the car and the tow driver hooks it and goes. The cop walks up and tells me I'm under arrest for a stolen vehicle, prowling, breaking and entering and burglary. Puts me in his car and off the the station. Parks, gets out and goes in leaving me cuffed in the backseat. I figured he was coming back and taking me to the detention center or someplace. He doesn't. I was sat there cuffed until around 730 when the supervisor who told him to let me go walked by, saw me and walked over. He opened the door and asked me what happened. I told him after he left a tow truck showed up, towed my car and I have been sitting in this car since. He took me out, uncuffed me and took me inside. Told me to have a seat. A couple minutes later he came over and told me I could leave. I explained that my money, keys, phone, everything is in my car. I can't call for a ride, can't get to my car. He let me use the phone to call a friend to pick me up. Had to pay $150 impound fee
    To this day, I wonder what would have happened if that supervisor had not drove by. Or if I was a smart ass.
    I know first hand how corrupt the police can be. There had been a bunch of burglaries in the area and they were not interested in solving the case, just finding someone to arrest to close the case. As I posted earlier, this may bias my opinion when things like Anderson's arrest come up.

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Are you serious?! Are you seriously serious?! You are looking for insults around every corner now, which only proves my point. I SAID he needs counseling. Read back. I can't believe the diarrhea you are not only spewing out of your butt, but also out of your face. Holy of Holies. And if you ignored everything about racism that I've posted in this thread, good luck to you.

8. 101GangGreen101

The only shit i saw was your previous posts about the fucking Jeffersons

We done here?

9. TonyFtLaud

The officer who Arrested Anderson at the Rolling loud festival, Ortiz had just returned to duty the weekend he arrested Robby. He was suspended for the 4th time by Metro Dade for filing false reports and police brutality. The city had also lost several civil cases as a result of Ortiz behavior. He was fired from ft.laud PD for the same actions.
    Last weekend, at ultra, the female officer, who was Ortiz witness in Robby's arrest broke the arm of a local teen who the officer stated was trying to sneak into the concert without paying. The girl had her ticket, and ID in her hand and was wearing the admission bracelet on the wrist of the arm that was broken. Ortiz, was her witness and is now under investigation for filing false reports, again.

10. Since1969

Bad stuff for sure. Sounds like an officer who wants to make a name for himself as a crime-fighting machine. From the supervisor's actions, the department obviously knows this guy is a problem. Guys like that get jacked up sooner or later. Given civil liability etc., a lot of departments are getting wise and are dumping these guys. This guy had shit judgment, and you can't teach good judgment. There is nothing more dangerous than a small-town cop who wants to be a big-city crime-fighting hot-shot, What's surprising is that this guy would openly defy a supervisor. That's usually not a good career move.

Was this captured on a bodycam or dashcam? If so, this guy is a real idiot. This is one of the reasons why dashcams and bodycams are so important. They identify guys like this. From the police perspective, they also identify citizens who file frivolous complaints.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

* she

Walt White and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  12. Since1969

If you have any links to stories about this stuff, I would love to read them. I'm surprised he's still on the job. If I were this guy's chief, I wouldn't let him leave headquarters without a bodycam. Once a guy gets known for this kind of stuff, his days as a cop are numbered.

13. jetophile

And of course you didn't agree with it because you didn't read it or have anything useful to say about it. Like I always say, no honest dialogue. I fully expect you to counter that I have some black friends. No-one wants to talk about Viola Liuzzo, because F that, it's boring.

Again, read back and get back to me. I hope Anderson straightens out and flies right, but Jets, flying, a bad combination. I'm sure 2018 will be a crash landing, but we still might manage to be OK. 2-14!!!!

#153 jetophile, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  14. jetophile

Again, you probably didn't read any of it nor get the message. Good Day, Sir!

I'm just wondering if the Jets are gonna give Curtis Conway a call. Make it happen!

15. TonyFtLaud

The recent incident was captured on lots of cell phone videos, was shown on local news. I can post dozens of links on Ortiz going back years. Yet he is Miami's top cop. Gets promoted from suspension.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/07/1...-vice-president-accused-of-abusing-power/amp/

https://www.thecrespogram.com/another-case-revealing-that-javier-ortiz-is-a-stalker.html

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/miami-cop-union-president-javier-ortiz-promoted-to-captain-9756301

This will give you some insight into who Ortiz is as a person.

http://deadstate.org/president-of-t...ce-was-a-thug-who-got-what-was-coming-to-him/
    http://news.wgcu.org/post/liberty-square-residents-react-video-officer-jumping-handcuffed-suspect

Here's his stance on body cams.

Pilot Program
    October 12, 2014
    If Miami Police Department is going to equip its officers with body cameras, it won’t be without a fight from its union.

Fraternal Order of Police president Sgt. Javier Ortiz, in an open letter Thursday to Miami’s city manager, ripped a “reckless” pilot program that has several dozen officers wearing cameras that record their interactions with the public. Department brass recently purchased 50 Taser cameras to deploy among the roughly 1,150-member department as part of a University of South Florida study of body cams among large police forces. Asst. Chief Rodolpho Llanes said the department gave motorcycle traffic cops and police on the department’s problem-solving team the cameras, and will have a conversation about whether to expand their use after the study is completed in about a year.

But Ortiz wrote in his letter that the department — which recently suspended Ortiz over issues related to the use of his own, personal dash cam — is rushing the initiative without an established set of rules and guidelines or proper training. He also argued the potential millions needed for record-keeping and related personnel under an expanded program would be better spent on improving pay and benefits.
    He's a dirty cop and has been for many years. How you can get fired from one department for police brutality and false reports and get rehired is beyond me. Miami pd has a strong union, he was union president so has been getting away with this for many years.

16. TonyFtLaud

Here's one more from Anderson's arrest
    http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/m...o-fought-arrested-nfls-robby-anderson-9333914

17. 101GangGreen101

The bold is all I care about.

BTW Curtis Conway is bald. We are good here!

18. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Hey, I agree for the most part, but sometimes those extra charges stick because it's the officer's word vs. the defendant, and we all know how that story goes in court.

19. Since1969

I agree with you in a bench trial (i.e., with the judge as fact-finder). In jury trials, however, juries no longer accept police testimony on faith, and prosecutors know this.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Wow! Thanks for sharing that. That is simply insane! I've been harassed before, but never like that. That was a clear violation of your rights and saying you were going 5 under the limit as an excuse to pull you over is ridiculous! I really hope you pressed charges, although I'd understand if you couldn't.