Robby Anderson just doesn’t get it

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Mar 31, 2018.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Back then plantation was like the end of the earth. Amazing how far west the county has expanded since those days.

stinkyB likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Dayum sounds like the police are more dangerous than the crooks down there.

Jay Bizniss and Royal Tee like this.
  3. SecretConnection

SecretConnection Active Member

Smoked a blunt with Robby during his Temple days. In daylight in public, no fucks were given.

4. TonyFtLaud

Sadly it's the same few officers repeatedly getting suspended for the same things. Gives all the officers a bad name.

5. TonyFtLaud

So much for the secret in Secret Connection. Lol

6. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Tony, I have to disagree. This is criminal justice 101.

Probable cause is the standard for arrest, but beyond a reasonable doubt is the standard for conviction. The police load up on all the charges they have probable cause to file. There's nothing false about this, as long as they have probable cause. The prosecutor downgrades the charges because probable cause is a far lesser standard than proof beyond a reasonable doubt. The police load up because they know the prosecutor will downgrade the charges later. By starting off high, they figure the end result will be a higher charge than if they started out low. No different than a player making a really high contract demand, knowing he'll settle for a lot less in the end.

As for drugs and alcohol, it was pretty clear from the beginning that the police did not believe he was under the influence of anything. The "threats" charge was shaky from the beginning. It was based on empty words because there was nothing to suggest he had any intent to go after the cop's wife. The "chase" was weird, and it's unlikely any cop got a radar reading on Anderson's vehicle or paced him long enough to establish a provable speed. Speed estimates based on visual observation alone are weak. Maybe the outcome would have been different if the police had dashcams. Who knows?

This board reacted to the news accounts, which were sensationalized. Get used to it. Twenty-first century journalism is designed to produce click bait, not to accurately and objectively report the news.

#126 Since1969, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    RPOZ51, Mogriffjr and STARoSCREAM like this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I lived in Coral Springs in the 80's (when it was prob half the size it was now)
    Used to ride my BMX with a fishing rod west to what was the outskirts of the everglades to bass fish as a kid..... before Sawgrass and the turpike were there

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

so what does it all mean for the Jets? Will he get suspended?

9. TonyFtLaud

I understand your legal background and while you disagree with me, your basically saying exactly what I posted.
    The police report stated "140" mph as a fact. As I explained earlier, it's in no way possible. The officer states"Anderson slowed but didn't stop at the red light" the intersection is maybe 100 ft, I'd guess closer to 75-80' with 2 dips in the road and a very sharp left, exceeding 90 degrees. Anderson's stop was at the plaza following the turn less than 200 ft from where he turned left onto SR 84. Driving an SUV, 140 is impossible given the road condition and distance.
    The police searched and inventoried Anderson's vehicle and no drugs or alcohol we're found. There was no mention of suspicion of DUI/DWI
    I never read a single article mentioning drugs or alcohol, yet many here claimed he was drunk or high.
    Dash cams are running as SOP on traffic stops here , the officer was on a traffic stop when Anderson "passed him at a high rate of speed. Very important fact, the Plaza the officer was stopped in is right at the intersection Robby reportedly blew the lights.
    So this officer, saw Anderson, did a 3 point turn, made 2 right turns proceeded through the intersection made the left and stopped Anderson under 200 ft away at 140 mph? The braking distance of any SUV far exceeds the distance.
    I was not there but I would wager Anderson was speeding, possibly ran the lights and was a smart ass when stopped. The officer decided to arrest him and filed a report that was beyond excessive hoping to at least get some lesser charges to stick.
    It's very common here. I speak from experience. I m happy to share what I experienced and why that is my opinion. Maybe my personal experience here has biased my opinion but the above facts remain. 140 mph , is pyhscially impossible in the given location and distance.

Noam likes this.
  10. TonyFtLaud

Not for this, let's see what happens if his Aug 6 case goes to trial. With recent events, the arresting officer under investigation again for filing false reports in a case involving female officer who was his witness suspended for police brutality and filing false reports, it could be dismissed before then.

11. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I'm sure he'd be a cool person to smoke an L with. As opposed to being given a long-term deal by the Jets, I'm not so sure.

12. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

the lady doth protest too much, methinks

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

To be fair, the dude communicates like he's drunk as fuk ;)

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Well that certainly explains why Anderson was insulting the officer. The officer probably came to the car window saying, "Are you aware that you were going 140 and evading us?" He probably just starting laughing because he knew it was mostly BS. I'd probably do the same thing if an officer lied to me and tried to pin false charges on me.

15. TonyFtLaud

What's really sad is Anderson is much more articulate then he shows. I don't understand why some privileged individuals chose to take on the persona of something lesser. I guess it's just the culture of today. Problem is, once they create that image, it follows them for a long time.

16. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Wtf, no 40?

FJF likes this.
  17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

OK. :/ Protest about what, that his hair sucks?

Out of my sight. Thou dost infect mine eyes.

18. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I totally get what you are saying here, but that's not how it should work. Throwing a bunch of false charges at somebody just to make sure the person has to pay for it is dishonest and detrimental. Things like that can ruin people's lives. I've seen that happen quite a bit where an officer throws 5 tickets at somebody for one violation. It's a major problem in society. I understand it, if they deserve the charges and actually put people in danger, but it seems like they do it out of spite and without any regard for the person they are charging.

19. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

:D ... well played

protest about @101GangGreen101's post. he made an observation about something that i also see quite often. people telling dreaded (pun intended) athletes to cut their hair in discussions that have nothing to do with their choice of hair style

if the comment didnt apply to you in particular, then i dont see why you got all worked up. i found it especially ironic considering that you lambasted society for being too sensitive

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm just sick of it. What is that famous quote, maybe Potter vs. someone, I can't define obscenity, but I know it when I see it. There was nothing to see. By the way, Leonard Williams needs a haircut! What a mess!

-Signed,
    Mrs. championjets69 :mad:

#140 jetophile, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018