Robby Anderson just doesn’t get it

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Mar 31, 2018.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

This seems to be more of a clerical error than anything else. The case was transferred from felony court to traffic court and his lawyer has stated he didn't receive any documents for appearance from the traffic court. I can't see the lawyer blowing off court and missing the opoopportun to bill Anderson for the appearance$$$

Since1969 likes this.
  2. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

There are a couple of possibilities: (1) the court staff screwed up and didn't send out the court-appearance notices; (2) the attorney screwed up and didn't enter the court date in his calendar and notify Anderson
    Let's see if Anderson and his lawyer show up today and clear things up. I will also be curious to see if the court system has any documentation showing that they mailed notice to Anderson and/or his attorney. Given the volume of cases most courts handle, screw-ups are inevitable, but it becomes an embarrassing problem for the courts when the screw-ups result in bench warrants or arrests. Because of the publicity this is getting, you can bet there will be some finger-pointing. By the way, my experience has been that most judges will check the file to confirm that proper notices were sent out before they issue a bench warrant.

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

After further reading thru some of the threads, I see how the Police in Florida has really taken upon themselves to be more corrupt than the perpetrator, and screw this up. Non the less, Anderson needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut and avoid unwanted exposure or he will be shown the door once his contract is over. Jets can not afford for him to be suspended by the NFL, and sure can not afford to negotiate a new contract with such risk.

4. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Yah, well, negated by Seferian-Jenkins getting screwed. Life's gotta balance out, right?! Robby Anderson's biggest crime is those green pants. Please, God, just stop it with those things. There's gotta be a Patron Saint for this in the Catholic Canon.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Police aren't often very nice to perpetrators after the perpetrator mentions eye washing his wife

Robby Anderson is a dumbass

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Do we know if he actually said this btw ?

I would be more inclined to believe he said it if the cop then shot him for it, I certainly can't believe the cop would be happy that the charge was dropped if he actually did say it.

LF911SC likes this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Can Macc not find somebody better - and smarter - than Anderson? He has that typical "victim's mentality" - nothing's ever his fault, just bad luck or "targeting".

9. Since1969

If I remember the police report correctly, he allegedly said that after he was cuffed and in custody. I'm sure the charge was dropped because it was nothing more than Anderson mouthing off. There was no indication he meant what he said or had any intention of carrying it out. In effect, it contempt of cop, not a bona-fide threat. I can't imagine many prosecutors who would want to take that case to trial.

10. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Funny thing is this time it isn't his fault. The court screwed up and didn't inform Anderson or his attorney about his court date. He's been cleared.

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yeah, LEGALLY, he's been cleared, but I still think he a moronic thug and deserves to have his good fortune of being in the NFL taken away.

12. LF911SC

No, I'm talking about the warrant for not showing up in court. They admitted they screwed up and didn't contact him or the lawyer.

The rest of his issues, the initial arrest etc, says he's a numbnut.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. Since1969

As I'm reading the stories, it's Anderson's attorney, not the court, claiming this was a court screw-up. I don't see any admissions by court personnel.

Usually, if a defendant or his attorney shows up in court the day after a missed appearance and claims lack of notice, the court will take him at his word (unless this is not the first time this has happened) and will set a new date. Judges realize that even if a notice is mailed, it can get lost in the mail, misdelivered etc. The fact that the defendant or the attorney shows up the next day is enough of a showing of good faith to get the benefit of the doubt.

14. LF911SC

Keep,reading, the court announce their mistake. Anderson, the attorney and prosecutor all were left out of the loop.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  15. Since1969

Which news source?

16. LF911SC

17. Since1969

18. LF911SC

I get that but who do you expect to have it come From? The courts not holding a presser to announce they screwed up. I assume SNY checked the story and the lawyer isn't making it up to be shown as a moron if the story were made up

The same story is on NBCS PFT page

19. Since1969

Not to get into an argument, but if some news outlet actually, like, had a reporter in court, they would have heard what defense counsel said and what the judge said. Isn't there a local paper that covers this courthouse? What about a reporter calling the court and getting its side of the story? Calling only the defense attorney and running with whatever he has to say is lazy-ass journalism, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

20. LF911SC

There was no defense council in court. Or a prosecutor. No one was told about the court date. I'm guessing it was addressed by phone.