Rich Cimini flip flopping regarding Alex Smith

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 9, 2018.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

No doubt he's a special player. I look at Barkley and he reminds me a lot of a rich mans Ray Rice. And Ray Rice was a damn good player in his prime in terms of being an offensive workhorse. Barkley cuts very well, good vision. He's a brick at 234. He runs with a lot of power (though not a burner) he'll be fine taking NFL level punishment

xxedge72x and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

I couldn't disagree with you more. It's like you didn't see Cousins in that playoff game versus the Packers. Read this post I made regarding Kirk Cousins in the wild card round vs the Packers.

Another reason all this talk about Kirk Cousins is ridiculous is the odds are the Jets would not be one of his preferred destinations in free agency.

You finish by saying, "you can absolutely win a Super Bowl with Kirk Cousins." Well...I guess if the Ravens can win a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer, then there is hope for "Captain" Kirk. Lol

Bottom line, the Jets can do better than Cousins this off-season, and he isn't worth the investment he'll cost the Jets. The Jets would likely never win a championship with him, but they would have pay him like he's already won a Super Bowl to come here. Not a good investment.

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The question about his W-L record had me looking around a bit and I noticed his INTs were higher this year but what really stood out is his 13 fumbles. He's been in the top three fumbling QBs for two years and the top five once. He also takes a lot of sacks. So you have a guy whose INT number is going up yearly, his fumble number went way up and who gets sacked a lot.

I suspect that behind the vaunted Jets OL he will not see mediocrity again in the ball control area.

NCJetsfan and playtowinthegame like this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

The Redskins line was worse than the Jets OL. There were weeks they started 5 backup OL guys

FJF likes this.
  5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The problem is there is a strong possibility we don't get him at 6. If the Browns think they can land Josh Allen at 4, then he can go 1. If the Giants for some bizarre reason decide to carry on with Eli, Barkley would be a great adrenaline shot for that offense. Likely even more true with the Colts who know for sure Luck can be their guy for several more years. And assuming none of that pans out, Cleveland has a second crack at him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Give me Mayfield, Rosen or Allen and one of Love, Michel and Guice over Cousins and Barkley any day.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree. I think any thoughts of the Jets getting Barkley are just a wet dream.

8. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Woe, which weeks were those?

9. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Agreed about McCown and Cousins is just too expensive a risk for what it would cost. Bridgewater has much upside and is young. Vikings are going to have to decide to what to do with the 3 QB's they have.

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I agree with your assessment, and in fact I suspect Cleveland WILL take Barkley first if they think the QB they prefer will be there at 4. That said, strange things happen on draft day, and if the Jets already have their QB (Cousins, Bridgewater, Smith, etc.) and Barkley is there, I hope they run to the podium and shout his name.

11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Agreed. Barkley would be a tremendous step forward for our mediocre offense.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails likes this.