Rex: Izdik stood pat instead of trading up for OBJ

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Mogriffjr, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

This thread has derailed, but come on now. Comparing Allen Robinson to Stephen Hill? Robinson (6'2" 220, 4.6 40) was nowhere near the physical freak Hill (6'4" 215, 4.34 40) was coming out of college, and it was Robinson's measurables that likely held him back. Looking at their college stats though, it's pretty clear who the project was:

Robinson:
    Soph - 77 rec 1018 yds 11 TD
    Junior - 97 rec 1432 yds 6 TD

Hill:
    Soph - 15 rec 291 yds 3 TD
    Junior - 28 rec 820 yds 5 TD

Not taking a WR early in that draft was the single biggest mistake Idzik made during his time here. That draft was loaded and we missed the boat.

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  2. I wasn't comparing Hill w. Robinson...that'd be silly. But Robinson had holes in his game from a technique perspective...anyone taking him was taking a chance on his physical ability & upside. While they had entirely different backgrounds & profiles...Hill was a guy taken based on physical ability...I was merely pointing out that the Jets may have been gunshy to Robinson due to that fact.

I agree w. you about the WR. They could've taken Cooks,Lee...whoever...but I recall Bradway in the pre draft presser adamantly proclaiming how deep of WR class it was & basically hinting that they would not take one early due to this fact. throughout most of his regime...scared of taking skill early after Santana Moss & Lamont Jordan...both of which weren't bad draft picks & had some success as Jets. Idzik leaned on Bradway & there is no doubt it cost him.

kevda5n9ne likes this.