Rex interviewing for 2 open head coach positions

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetFighter, Dec 30, 2014.

1. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Go to Atlanta and whoop some ass rex!! I'd be very happy for him. They would be scary with a Rex defense, could easily win that division for years to come.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Trestman/rex is a very interesting combination. I think that could revitalize Atlanta.

I would also avoid the SF job if I was rex. Kaep is a QB who I don't think rex would best use where as Matt Ryan is probably the qb Rex needed here

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

It would work, I also believe Marty Mornhinweg wouldn't be a bad option either. I believe Mornhinweg struggled here because he struggled with the lack of options to resort to. It didn't help that his QB was a turnover machine, and the recievers could not get much separation.

But his attack style, down field offense would be perfect in Atlanta.

4. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

I hope he gets the atl job

That roster is made for rex Ryan

Wish him nothing but the best

5. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

well in the atl they are saying the cheaters OC Josh McD is the first choice because of the cheater connection down here. And they have some issues with the ol here worse then on the Jets ol. They definitely have the talent positions taken care all they need is ol and big rb.
    But outside of corners they have less then nothing on d side of the ball.
    He would be better suited to go to SF they are pretty stacked and he could win right away

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I looked at the Falcons forum and they are all clamoring for him, showing videos of his hard knocks speech....

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4020426-if-this-video-doesnt-get-you-hyped-about-ryan/

Im gunna miss this guy, and I know if he goes to Atlanta he will have that immediate success because he will takeover a fairly good roster similar to the team he inherited back in 2009.

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Look at their main forum:

[​IMG]

8. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Wondering where ever he lands will he try to pull a few players from the Jets.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com...-Rex-Ryan-defensive-coordinator-position.html

10. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Both teams are easy to root for, hopefully he gets one of them.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

All coaches do this when they've been somewhere for as long as Rex has been with the Jets.

David Harris and Dawan Landry are the natural choices for Rex to bring in to try to explain his defense to the new crew. The DL is so young that he probably won't be able to pull a guy from that unit to help out. He might go for Leger Douzable if Douzable is on the market.

4jetfans likes this.
  12. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan is being highly sought after as the best head coaching candidate available, now that Harbaugh is in Michigan. He has interviews scheduled with the 49ers and Falcons upcoming.

Hey, we have a coaching vacancy, Rex is the best available, maybe we can enter the bidding war and get the best HC out there!! .......... oh wait..........nevermind. :(

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...n-has-interviews-scheduled-with-49ers-falcons

4jetfans likes this.
  13. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

A story on Costello's story in the Post. Yet another click-driver from NFL.com. This is absolutely nothing new or news worthy about this article. Even the editorialized commentary (non-news) is old.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  14. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

Exactly, except to the thread initiator. Time was overdue for Rex to move on. He can now join the old NFL retread Club. He has worn his welcome out here.

TNJet likes this.
  15. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Rex in Atlanta makes a lot of sense...the offense is arleady functional and can put up points...it's stable and established.

Their defense is what needs help...If Rex can turn that D into a strong one he will win rings there. He will have a great QB, and a strong group of receivers. It's a perfect fit for the guy and hope he lands there.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  16. GangGreenBlues

GangGreenBlues Well-Known Member

The real perfect job for Rex would be something like Kansas City (which isn't available right now). A very good game manager type QB, great running game, talented defense. I'm not sure how he does in Atlanta, Chicago, SF, or Raiders. Matt Ryan and even Jay Cutler would be much better than what he's had, but they are QBs that need to air it out, as far as I know. Would be funny watching them line up at WR as Rex does his wildcat bs, or keeps running the ball time after time.

17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

you don't think that we ran the ball a lot precisely because we didn't have a Matt Ryan type under center and that they were trying to make the best of the players available?

BacktoQueens likes this.
  18. GangGreenBlues

GangGreenBlues Well-Known Member

I don't. I think Rex loves running the ball, the whole ground and pound thing, to keep his defense fresh and dominate the other team, and to cut the turnovers down.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Ground and Pound is not bad when you do it out of a good offensive personnel group. The problem is trying to G&P out of bad personnel. The Seahawks are a G&P team. Works just fine for them.

Even from a fan experience point of view it's a good offense to run. Keep the clock moving in the second half and get fans out of the building before they start to get hung over from all the pregame and first half and smuggled flask drinking. Get families with kids on the road home before dark. It's a win-win. If you have the personnel to do it.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Atlanta wanted Rex the last time he was interviewing..they have an offense, he will probably get Revis and give them a defense and it's on to glory...or..