Revis injured in attack in Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets_Grinch, Feb 16, 2017.

1. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

24 hr taco bell?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I am enjoying all of the one liners in this thread but honestly these idiots probably had it coming

Revis has never been considered a hot head or been in any trouble so they were probably annoying and/or disrespectful as fuck. Probably deserved a nice beat down

And now for their trouble they will soon be rich too.....gotta love America

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  3. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Does this mean we don't have to pay him?

Jay Bizniss and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I've gotta play some minor defense (heh) on Revis. It really has to be said. He turned into a lazy complainer (do the Jets want to handle my situation with class or no class, Holeee Hell, STFU), but in all seriousness, anyone who wouldn't milk their corporate employers for everything that they're worth in a dangerous game is a big, fat, disingenuous liar. Uncle Sean taught him well; and as much as the "greedy" nonsense gave us fits and annoyed the living shit out of all of us, let's be real here. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. That being said, hahahahaha. You can't script it. Go Jets!

#64 jetophile, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It's pittsburgh. Anyone with brains moves out of the city and that's why there is so much wackiness coming from those that stay.

for example, if he played for the steelers and not the jets, those pittsburgh police would've helped revis beat the shit outta those kids

#65 BrowningNagle, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I think he's going to be more like a wide receiver before long

xxedge72x likes this.
  7. TonyFtLaud

Has to be something he said, probably threatened the guys and their families. I'm sure it comes off the recovered cell phone video

8. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

That was my first thought.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

NYJalltheway likes this.
  9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

2:45am on a Friday night. I don't think I've been out past midnight on a Friday night in 25 years.

Of course I'm ooooooold and that has something to do with it.

TwoHeadedMonster and JetUp325 like this.
  10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If we can void Revis's contract:

[​IMG]

NCJetsfan, Jets69, Zach and 2 others like this.
  11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

#FreeDarrelle #CutRevis

Hope those charges don't stick. Yea, he worked the Jets for cash twice in his career, but he doesn't seem like a bad dude outside of football.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  12. TonyFtLaud

The conspiracy charge would hold Revis accountable for any bodily harm inflicted by his friend. Even if he threw no punches himself he is still leagally guilty. A terroristic threat is a threat to harm another person with the goal of terrorizing that individual.

#72 TonyFtLaud, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  13. TonyFtLaud

The Robbery charge with serious bodily injuries, knocked unconscious for 10 mins, broken bones around the eye carries a 20 year max.
    Terroristic threat charge 5 years.
    Conspiracy is big here, if Revis’s associate is convicted of second degree aggravated assault—which entails causing serious bodily injury by acting with extreme indifference to human life and carries a potential 10-year prison sentence—conspiracy would pose a potential 10-year prison sentence for Revis.
    Realistically , Revised has no criminal history and charges will likely be pleaded down. Maybe no jail time but potentially a trip to the commissioners exempt list, parole and a very large lawsuit ahead

14. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Its really sad to see Revis's Jet career and quite possibility his NFL career end in this way. Great player, but always seemed like an odd character.

It's just unbelievable to me that he would be out in Pittsburgh at 2:45 AM without a bodyguard/security staffer with him.

15. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

I don't think he hit anybody. How in the hell can he see someone coming at him in the dark when he can't see someone coming at him during the day.

Jets69 and HAYN like this.
  16. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I don't think it's that sad. It was over the day he signed with the Pats. All the holding out he did started a rocky relationship between him, and the fans. This past year with how much he was paid, and how he performed, most fans were against him before this.

I think at this point, most people don't give 2 shits about Revis. So to hell with him I say. I hope he goes to jail tbh. He has never been a team player. He's always been a me player.

17. TonyFtLaud

Latest from Revis attorney

It's my understanding that when Darrelle turned around he wasn't sure whether it was a weapon or a phone," Jones told reporters. "He didn't know. He just knows he left, these guys were saying his name, he turns around and sees an object and he wasn't sure what it was or whether he was going to get robbed or assaulted or what.

"He feared for his safety."

Revis and his attorney are also requesting the video evidence before Revis turns himself in.

18. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

I thought there was a warrant for his arrest?

19. TonyFtLaud

There is. He will turn himself in. It's a high profile case. The PD from Pittsburgh isn't going to come to NY to look for him, his attorney will walk him into the Police department.

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You know, here in US, we have this right of publicity.

Nobody may record Revis without his consent. Revis himself asked to [leave him alone.] His request is nothing unusual or dumb. They should have left him alone right there.

So - they had that coming, I'd have to say. Look - I don't even like Revis all that much, but that doesn't mean I condone this kind of stupid behavior. They could have asked if they could take pic or vid with him before all that bullshit.

TwoHeadedMonster and tubby like this.