Revis injured in attack in Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets_Grinch, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

If the victims got knocked out, how can you really trust them to have an accurate account of what happened? For all we know they got concussions, both of them said they didn't remember being hit. Those dude should have been put in concussion protocol.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm really amazed that this hasn't already been pleaded down to something like public intoxication, disturbing the peace, etc. The DA must feel that they have a compelling case against Revis at this point. Otherwise all that's really happening right now is strengthening the plaintiff's case in the civil suit to come.

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Zacheriah Jarvis and Dallas Cousins. Those are black names. I call bullshit on that tape for that alone. In all seriousness, Darrelle will walk off into the sunset and have to pay two punks in a civil suit. No-one got shot or knifed, and that's a good thing.

I've said it before. You can't make someone kiss the pavement and have no bruises on your hands. Pics? So, if I was Michael Baden, that's what I'd visit. It's never going to trial.

#223 jetophile, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    JetBlue likes this.
  4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Exactly. I'm supposed to believe Revis felt threatened by two frat boys. This is a whitewash! #suckerpunchessowhite

5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Assaulting someone is a felony, but there are programs like accelerated rehab that can be used to plead it down, the problem is the league conduct policy.

Revis is probably trying to figure out a way to get around a suspension from the league.

It's not going to happen, he made his bed he needs to sleep on it.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm wondering if he's gotten bad advice from people who think he needs to protect himself in the potential civil suit by not admitting anything in the criminal proceedings?

That would be really bad advice in my opinion.

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

its only been a week.pleas don't come that fast with high dollar lawyers.
    now, the d.a. had the phone for a week before they announced charges, i'm thinking they have the goods on the phone, still don't think revis goes to jail but he isn't going to be in a position to bargain when its time to take a deal

Red Menace likes this.
  8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I hope you realize that that was rife with sarcasm. I have an incidental ethnic name, and I'm whiter than zinc white Winsor & Newton. Well, sometimes I prefer titanium white, buy I'll never quite understand why we can't just all get along.

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

A civil case is going to happen regardless of what happens with a criminal case.

It's unavoidable, he has to fight for his innocence and not let a prosecutor make a name for himself on Revis name.

FJF likes this.
  10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Yes, because accusing this scenario of whitewashing and the suckerpunchissowhite hashtag are clearly serious claims.

11. Sam Hammer

It could also be that the DA has no case, so there is no reason for Revis to plead guilty to lesser charges. No reason to assume they've got a compelling case when all evidence thus far has shown Revis is not responsible, and the dudes that got hit don't even remember getting hit, so how can you trust their testimony? You have a video so far that shows some guy,who is not Revis, admitting it on camera, that's pretty compelling. There is no evidence Revis told him to do it, no evidence that Revis took any hostile actions, etc unless it's being covered up. I bet most of these charges get thrown out of court and jets fans will continue to hate him until he plays decent again next year.

#231 Sam Hammer, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  12. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

13. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

14. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

If not Pittsburgh it will be a team in the AFC east (New England or Miami).

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I doubt NE would want Revis-2, he wasn't very good the first time they had him.

16. ERR

ERR New Member

But to do what? I know there has been discussion of him playing safety, but he would not play over McCourty or Chung (or Duron Harmon for that matter). And that assumes that he is willing to put his nose in there and tackle more often than he seems to want to. His days as a starting front-line CB seem over. Maybe he could reinvigorate himself as a nickelback? He would need to leverage his best qualities -- football intelligence, technique -- and minimize his loss of speed. And that all assumes that he has enough passion to accomplish this reinvention. Seems more likely that he got his last, big contract at just the right time and that he will be moving on from the game soon.

17. Sam Hammer

Totally called it. Revis' friend admitted it. The video with Revis' friend talking is evidence that supports it and there was no evidence that supported any other accounts of the events. The terrorism and conspiracy were just bs filler charges. Revis is smarter than that. It would be funny if the Jets signed him back for cheap now as a safety, but I doubt it.

18. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I'm done w/this muthereffer. Not a JET that I'll remember. He's like Moses to my Ramses. Someone point the leadership examples he had while he was here. I just don't see them.

I know this a business and I always knew Revis was looking out for # 1, ---- but after all the $$ we paid him over the years & loyalty we showed, did he HAVE to say it would be a "dream come true" to play for the Steelers?
    Jeez, - sorry we held you back from your dream after all these years. I would think winning a Super Bowl for NYJ would have been the "dream come true". I'd be OK if he said playing for the hometown Steelers would be "pretty cool".

Maybe I'm just a bit sensitive these days. I mean, ---- how many f--king times can we get knocked down????

NYJetsO12 and JetsVilma28 like this.
  19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

hopefully it cost him a couple mil for that mea culpa.