Report: Saquon Barkley’s agents don’t want him in Cleveland

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Apr 18, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

There has been a stigma attached to being drafted by the Cleveland Browns that the organization needs to overcome because the team hasn't been able to successfully develop many of their top draft choices and the team's losing record.

Running back Saquon Barkley could be in play for the Browns who hold the first and fourth overall selections in the NFL Draft but his agents would rather the Browns not select Barkely, even with the top pick, Ben Baskin of SI.com reports.

Roc Nation who is handling Barkley want him to go second to the Giants and play in the media capital of the world. That’s where you can become the Face of the League. His manager even implored him to pull an Eli Manning and demand that the Browns not draft him. Barkley never considered the option. Sure, he likes the idea of being back in the city of his birth—even playing for the Jets, the team he grew up rooting for. And of course he’s heard countless people tell him that if he ends up in Cleveland, his career will be ruined.

2. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I think it's BS. The higher he gets drafted, the more money they get. Cleveland could actually be decent over the next few years

3. GasedAndConfused

it could be a ploy to push him to NY. he isn't going 1st overall but could go 2nd to the giants which would be better financially then 4th to the browns. he isn't going 3rd either. he can go 2, 4 or anything later then that

4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I think it's a lock that he goes to the Giants at #2, and I've been saying this since the 2017 season ended. Everybody seems to be obsessed with the Giants picking a QB out of desperation, but I don't see it.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

I think so as well

6. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

GasedAndConfused likes this.