Report: Robby Anderson arrested in Florida

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PulseJet, May 8, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree in terms of the team, but I think one also has to consider the individual. IMO sports should help form, develop and define character. If Anderson can learn and grow from this experience, he can become a better person, and hopefully, help make the world a better place.

2. NCJetsfan

That's true, but he obviously did something, and in this day and age where unarmed black men are being shot by overzealous and poorly-trained police, it's pretty stupid and arrogant of Anderson to risk trouble.

Cman68 likes this.
  3. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

They always overcharge at first. They tried to pin Revis with like 4 felonies and none of them stuck.

4. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

Exactly .. seen it first hand lots of times.

5. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Why would you cut him? Who gives a shit. If he performs and doesn't slip up again this doesn't matter. You can get charged for anything. Lets see what he gets convicted of first.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I'm no lawyer but I have hired my share. Sounds like an overcharge to be plead down to me.
    Bet he pleads to some misdemeanor takes a pre trial deal 6 month's probation and charges drop if he behaves. Maybe some anger management course. Goodell gives him 2 games

#46 FJF, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
    Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Unless he has a decently sized criminal record, it's probably going to be knocked down to a misdemeanor at worst.

Anyone arguing that they should cut him is a joke.
    Anyone suggesting they might stop watching football because of it is a joke.

Players have been raping, assaulting, doing stupid shit for decades. It didn't stop you in the 90s, it didn't stop you in the 00s, it's not going to stop you now either.

8. NCJetsfan

True. My point is that with all the incidents between police and unarmed African Americans, he was asking for trouble. He could have been tasered or shot. It shouldn't be that way, and I'm doing all I can to change that, but until it changes, African Americans need to be smarter in how they respond to police just to protect themselves. Again, they shouldn't have to fear unnecessary force and shouldn't have to react any differently, but the reality is that, at least for now, it's the smart thing to do.

Big Cat likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

AFAIK, in the 90s it was more isolated incidents, and only a few bad eggs. Now, it seems like the problem is much more widespread, and a greater percentage of players have questionable character. Unless that changes, they should shut down the NFL imo. I will definitely stop watching, following or purchasing Jets gear if things continue to get worse.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Or does the expansion of TV and internet just mean people aren't able to hide their transgressions so easily?

11. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Social. Media.

MoWilkBeast and HomeoftheJets like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

It definitely could be that. Whatever the case, if it truly is that rampant and doesn't change, then I'm history. I won't support it.

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Robby should tackle a few shakes.

Not saying it was the case here but "resisting arrest" can be also be nothing more than a guy trying to resist having his shoulder pop out of place while the cop handcuffing him behind his back (in full view of no one) is also "giving him the business."

14. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

I'm 45 years old and I've never been arrested for anything. It's my opinion that if somebody is handcuffed, photo taken and fingerprinted because they were arrested is somebody of low and poor character and just flat out stupid. Cut him and let the bengals sign him.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

You guys are all over reacting,,,even if its THE WORST CASE scenario and he is guilty as sin,,,dont fret,,,,Uncle Todd will take care of everything ! "Everyone gets arrested every now and then its part of life , not the end of the world it happens " . He possibly will sit one series and be out there with the starters in no time !

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Hopefully he is sentenced to 90 days in the weight room.

Brandon Moore's Butt likes this.
  17. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

These guys have so much to lose yet they still have to fck with cops. yessir/nosir--what is so hard to understand?

18. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Given these charges I'm reserving judgement until more details come out. In my experience when the police file these type of charges without any "underlying crime" its because they beat you up and are trying to cover their ass.

nycarl and FJF like this.
  19. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

20. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

I hope it's not to serious. This guy was a playmaker in a shitty season as an undrafted free agent. He's the first receiver we've had really since Santana Moss that can take the top of a defense and fly past defenders(and actually catch the ball).

Everyone is knocking him for being to small but he's really not that small. Yes he's light for his height but he makes up for it with his speed. If anything he's not quick and agile enough for his weight. He should be making defenders miss and running past them for some serious YAC.

I really think we need this kid to take the top off of defenses. Good thing we drafted two guys this year though.