Report: Baker Mayfield to Jets 'a done deal'

Discussion in 'Draft' started by forevercursed, Apr 18, 2018.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

What does that mean? "Don't go the way he wants them to go?" Are we talking about losing games? I am still not sure I have seen him exhibit a poor attitude when losing. I could be wrong and if so, please enlighten me.

I've seen the crotch grab thing and I think a lot of dudes would have been super pissed if that had happened to them. Not condoning the crotch grab, but jesus man...how shitty of those players and program?

Mayfield is who he is because he is a fighter. He takes things personally and it has gotten him to where he is now. He will need to focus that fighter mentality as he comes into the league, but this is what makes him great.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I know the act he's putting out right now is pretty fluff, but when he stood out and talked in the past, it wasn't anything offensive in comparison to what Mayfield did on the field before games.

its not really insight, i'd say it's more-so psychological.

3. 101GangGreen101

Think about it in CONTEXT. Why do you have to feel offensive about a weak Kansas Football team not shaking your hand? Go out and just play, you KNOW they are inferior. So lets say, the Sooners were losing that game, how do you feel Mayfield would react?

Its not about exhibiting poor attitude when losing, its exhibiting it when things aren't going your way.

4. PennyandtheJets

I hear you and I get where you are coming from, but there isn't any question in my mind that so many men would be outraged by that very open and public disrespect. I don't know if I would have grabbed my crotch, but I would have been trash talking the entire fucking game if they were going to be so disrespectful at coin toss.

Who cares if they are a lesser program. Disrespect me? Watch how badly I F$#k you up today.

5. 101GangGreen101

The thing about it being a lesser program is even a bigger deal because you don't need to do all of that. Go out and play hard, respect is earned, its almost like he believes hes earned it before hes proved it. You don't need to cry about the fact that they didn't shake your hand.

Im over the Rex Ryan type motivational ploy.

FJF likes this.
  6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I am really not worried about any of that. Whatever team drafts him will put him under their media relations guy for a week or so to learn what they can and cannot do and if that doesn't work their is always the league and team fines which will.

7. PennyandtheJets

I can agree to disagree with you. Nothing wrong with that.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

That's the joy about us being Jet fans ... We both want whats best (well some fans questionable, but you are not in that boat) ... in no way and I trying to sway your decision or do anything of that nature ... just tellin ya how I feel about the situation.

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  9. PennyandtheJets

You have a strong opinion, but not without support. You the man.

xxedge72x and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

Likewise, the information you have provided here does not go unnoticed ... I am VERY VERY picky, like too picky. I'm picky about my food, picky about my women and picky about prospects lol

PennyandtheJets and xxedge72x like this.
  11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Definitely not a bad thing. Especially the middle one lol.

101GangGreen101 likes this.