Report: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by TommyGreen, Feb 7, 2009.

1. IATA

IATA Trolls

We don't even know what Rodriguez used, and to what extent. All we know for sure, is he got caught using it. So to say he didnt use as much or the same stuff is just hearsay.

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I am absolutely disappointed by this news. I always wanted to believe Arod was one of the good guys but now it appears only Griffey is on that list. It's really a shame and judging by the way he has handled it so far makes me believe he is guilty and his legacy is ruined. His "talk to the union" garbage is no different than the Clemens and Bonds charade. When will these guys learn that the Petitte and Giambi approach work. We are a forgiving society but the minute people try to play us like idiots we get vindictive. If Arod is smart he admits guilt and apologizes but as soon as he starts denying and pointing fingers and looks to blame people is the minute people will start digging more and more in an attempt to ruin his legacy.I guess in hindsight some of the things he has done, the cheap slide against the Sox, the scream against the Blue Jays, cheating on his wife should have been a sign that he isn't any different than Bonds or Clemens but we all wanted to believe he was.

3. Ralphw

Ralphw New Member

can't he just deny it????? as this was/is supposed to be sealed and I'm sure no one will ever see it again officially?

4. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

5. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

so its saying that this whole story is just a fabrication and made up? You know that if any of that was made up, arod will come back with a huge lawsuit...

If someone comes up to you and says completely false things, your first reaction wouldnt be no comment. If it was COMPLETELY FALSE arod would have been like what are you talking about i never took no steriods.

Obviously this lady is trying to stir the pot to sell some books, but you cant just make stuff up. He did test positive

6. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Not sure but I think Fred McGriff is in the category

*edit

nah... 7 Short... thought he hit it

#106 ollie, Feb 8, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  7. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Seems like Jose Canseco is the only one telling the truth.

8. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Yes and no. In situations like this, any attorney worth his salt (and something tells me that a player like A-Rod, who tries so hard to manufacture his image, talked to his attorney before anyone else) would tell his client not to say a word, one way or the other. He'd tell his client to keep his mouth shut and let the experts handle this for now.

Please note that this is not a "defense" of A-Rod or expression of a belief that he's innocent. Just a possible/probable explanation for why he said what he did at this time.

9. BCSUPERFAN

BCSUPERFAN New Member

abosutely true...i thought those two were the two people we would remember as mantle type players through our generation but i guess we were wrong... well griffey has always been injured so i dont wanna believe hes never been on it. if this fucking generation is playing out the way it has and the generation i have been growing up with and they are all doing steroids no matter if its for one year my favorite player will now be griffey
    hes apparently the only one with true natural god given talent and its pathetic bc arod led us all on to believe he was the next mantle or something like that its really sad people now have to always have that doubt in their mind about their favorite players until every single player is tested twice a month

10. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Scott Boras is such a jerk. He said yesterday the test is from 2003 and Alex has passed every drug test since. IT DOES'T MATTER. Once you take anabolic steroids, your body is changed FOREVER. As example, anabolic steroids increase your BONE size. Once you stop taking steroids, your bones DO NOT regress to the pre-taking of steroids. A-ROD changed his body using steroids forever . You cannot "undo" a steroid takers body.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Canseco seemed shocked. SI called him for a comment and he said "I have nothing to say" and hung up on the guy. I'll see if I can find that story again.

here

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...-07_jose_canseco_now_at_a_loss_for_words.html

"Even though Jose Canseco has long disliked Alex Rodriguez and accused the three-time MVP of steroid use, the unpredictable former Bash Brother hardly sounded vindicated when reached Saturday night.

"I have no comment on the Alex Rodriguez issue," Canseco said before abruptly hanging up the phone."

Something not right here.

#111 Don, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  12. Don

Not to defend him but the more I think about this the more it seems different than any other case to date. There is no proof. There has never been anybody testify against him, claim to have sold him anything or claim to have injected him. Even if his name is on that list and all we have now is SI saying it is and SI claiming 4 people have said so (as usual no names) that list can never be made public nor can any samples that were taken at that time.

13. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I can't believe anyone is shocked by this. I will not be shocked by anyone testing positive. I work under the assumption that everyone has been using at some point during their careers. I don't think I am that far off either.

What I don't understand is why wasn't ARod using during the playoffs?

14. Don

No matter what the truth is, A-rod will probably have a billion dollar suit against somebody. If it is true it will be against baseball for not destroying the evidence as they were supposed to do and if it's not then it will be against SI who will have to produce their sources or lose by default.

15. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Don, please stop the nonsense. Read the Canseco story in the Post today and tell me you think Jose thinks maybe Arod didnt take roids. Take the blinders off dude, youre embarrassing yourself. Repeat after me, AROD TOOK STEROIDS.

16. Don

What story? Post a link if you want somebody to read something. I posted the link that said exactly what I said it said. I never said he didn't think Arod took them, I said it was curious that he had absolutely nothing to say about it. You would of thought he would have jumped on his soap box for the next 10 hours if somebody called him about it. Of course what he wrote in the past about Arod turned out to be a lie. At least the guy he said sold them to Arod said he never did.

#116 Don, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  17. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

How on Earth do you read "shocked" from that? I mean, really? You need to at least know the tone of his voice, etc. to make any judgment whatsoever. And to me, without any context to how he said it, his "I have no comment," statement is saying more that he knows he was right, no one believed him, now it's shown he's right, and he's not going to talk to the same people who called him a liar and do them a favor with interviews. "Shocked" definitely is not the feeling I got from that quote.

18. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

Well, the NY Post is certainly in mid-season form. No A-Fraud, A-R*d...

[​IMG]

19. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

^ Love it.

20. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I'm extremely disappointed, but not very surprised. I've been saying for a long time now that I think at least 80% of MLB is using some form of performance enhancement. There were only a small handful of players I ever hoped we never learned used:

Jeter
    ARod
    Manny
    Ortiz
    Pujols
    Wright

That small handful constitutes the guys I just enjoyed watching play (even if I despise the colors they wear) and just hoped they were doing it the "right way."

At this point, I'm kind of numb. I almost want it to come out that every player in the majors has tested positive for something at some point so that the playing field is then evened out, and I can give up watching the sport forever.

As for the HoF, I don't know anymore. I've been vocal that Big Mac and Barry didn't belong there. That means Alex doesn't either, regardless of what he does from here on out. But I don't know anymore. How dirty is the entire sport? Is it 8 of every 10 guys? If so, does it even matter anymore?

I love baseball, and I love my Yankees, but this has me sick. Schilling, the douchebag that he is, is right. Tell us everyone who has ever tested positive. Also, mandatory tests for every single player on a bi-weekly basis. I'm so sick of this cheating bullshit. And I'll echo what others have said. I've defended ARod for a long time. Now this. Thanks Alex. Thanks a lot.