Report: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by TommyGreen, Feb 7, 2009.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I thought this too. Something bad had to happen to the Yankees after all the good this offseason.

2. Pavlus53

Pavlus53 Member

This news didn't phase me one bit. I think I will be more shocked when the news comes out that a player was proven NOT to be on steriods.

Saturday Night Live had it right many years ago when they did the skit on the All Drug Olympics.

"All of this, of course, is perfectly legal at the All Drug Olympics. In fact, it's encouraged."

http://www.hulu.com/watch/4090/saturday-night-live-weekend-update-all-drug-olympics

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I agree,but Boston has always been suck a pathetic embarrasment to MLB that they will probably be spared anymore.

4. typeOnegative13NY

I'm not really sure Varichick used. If he were roided up he wouldn't have felt the need to fight with a mask on.

5. IATA

IATA Trolls

Just a note...

6. rillo

rillo New Member

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVcqLt9sJLs[/YOUTUBE]

7. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

I guess this makes him a "true Yankee" in the tradition of all the other douchebag cheater Yankees who were part of the 2000 team and named in the Mitchell Report.

Though, who knows...maybe A-Frauds obsession with Jeter caused him to go off the juice when he got traded.

If you aint cheating, you aint a Yankee!

8. Ralphw

Ralphw New Member

just look at how him and big shmappy broke down when the tougher testing started......
    nuff said

plus look at the size of his shrek head

9. Ralphw

Ralphw New Member

I'll hold it against him(arod) when I see the other 139 names,,, not until.......

10. Ralphw

Ralphw New Member

That Mitchell report is a sham as far as its Boston connection,,,,,, lame

11. typeOnegative13NY

Good fucking lord. The whole 86 Mets team was coked out. So your telling me that Roids haven't been a staple of the AAA Queens locker room? Give me a break, If the mets had a winning tradition like the Yankees maybe there would be a reason for people to start digging on them. As it is now,no one cares.

12. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Biggest bitch move in the history of sports... what a mans man... get into a fist fight with a catchers mask on...

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Of the big home run hitters, I thought Griffey Jr. and Piazza were natural. One had to figure Alex Rodriguez was on something.

Edit: note the word "thought" in that first sentence.

#73 Cakes, Feb 7, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

McGwire sucked anyway. He was not much better than Dave Kingman.

15. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

=::(:::::::::

16. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

He's a HOF'er based on 583 HRs. Kingman had 430ish. The only reason McGwire isn't in is because of the steroid allegations. My point was to only harass those who were saying ARod getting caught is no big deal but were quick to judge Bonds and McGwire

17. Ralphw

Ralphw New Member

funny how with football its really a nonissue but with baseball its a huge drama fest

18. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

If Piazza were juicing, he wouldn't have been able to hold his rage in when Clemens through the bat. There's no way.

Anyway, this A-Rod thing just proves steroids are inextricably tied to this era, and that all these guys should go into the Hall of Fame because of that...you can't keep the guys out who maybe-probably did steroids, and put in the guys who maybe-probably didn't. It makes no sense.

19. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

What I find shitty is that if these were banished, then nothing would come about...And baseball fans, even Sox fans, would be enjoying seeing ARod chase Bonds' record*.

All along he KNEW he tested positive, so he's been living a lie and CHEATING. If the 104 names were never made public(oh and it'll be soon until the other 103 are available) then we'd know nothing. I'm glad I know now, sucky as it may be.

Now, I'm not saying we're all perfect here...I bet some of us on here have cheated on a girlfriend and lied, or something along those lines...But Alex already had crazy shit around him, now this...

His legacy is forever tarnished. Way to go.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I'm not even sure what good it did. He has been tested at least a dozen times a year since then and has won two more MVPs, both years being better than 2003.

Oh, and does nobody find this even the slightest bit coincidental that this is leaked a week before the Bonds trial starts? What I really hope is that the people who leaked it get ratted out so that we can see just who they are.

#80 Don, Feb 8, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2009