Report: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by TommyGreen, Feb 7, 2009.

1. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

She tried to sidestep the question when asked on the radio today - saying her coverage was about the general behavior of the Duke students that night not wheather the base story of rape was true or not.

IMO that is f***** up - you contribute to ruining these 3 boys and hide behind that your story you wrote was only indirectly about the rape case. This lady is a piece of work. The hype she helped create is what ruined these boys reps as much as anything.

Don't worry she will not let facts or morality get in a way of her making money! I will not touch her book.

2. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I want bad things to happen to AHole and Selena Roberts. Unfortunately, in the words of Mick Jagger, "I just banged two Asian chicks and Rod Stewart." Or, wait, maybe that's the wrong quote.

3. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

I think you were looking for, "Y'all got cocaine eyes, yeah, you got speed freak jive."

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Interesting comments by Gammons on ESPN last night. He talked first about everybody outed already and the other 103 that have yet to be. Then talked about how everybody in the 50s and 60s were drinking the "red juice" in the locker rooms which was liquid amphetemines. Finally ended with the fact that Ted Williams used a corked bat for at least a full year at the end of his career...his point was should all of these people be kicked out of the HOF? There is no difference with them and the people of today.

I had never really heard much about "red juice" so I went to Google and found this among a bunch of articles on it.

"During the Pittsburgh drug trials in the mid-1980s, outfielder John Milner testified that Willie Mays introduced him to a liquid amphetamine known as "red juice." More than a decade later, Tony Gwynn spoke of rampant amphetamine use in the game, and David Wells referred to greenies in his book, "Perfect I'm Not: Boomer on Beer, Brawls, Backaches, and Baseball.

Amphetamines have become as much a part of the clubhouse scene as card games and hot feet. In a Kansas City Star story last year, former Royals outfielder Brian McRae recalled how there were always two pots of coffee brewing in the clubhouse -- one conventional and the other laced with stimulants. "I had to make sure I got the unleaded," McRae said. "

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=crasnick_jerry&id=2289509

#204 Don, May 5, 2009
    Last edited: May 5, 2009
  5. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

http://www.3-dbaseball.net/2009/04/was-rod-tipping-pitches.html

6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

dave youre awesome

7. Don

I guess the fact that teams throw in their scrub bullpen pitchers in a runaway game doesn't come into it at all, does it? I learned long ago that you can make any case you want to make as long as you leave out most of the details.

But let's look at the person who wrote this piece of shit, Selena Roberts. This is the same Selena Roberts who wrote numerous columns about the Duke Lacrosse team. She didn't have any facts then either. Here is an article written about that today.

"Tuesday, as I listened to Roberts defend her New York Times columns that painted the Duke lacrosse players as rapists, cowards and liars during an interview on Jim Rome's nationally syndicated radio show, I couldn't help but notice she went with the Sharp-tongue defense."

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9542614/Bio-hazard:-A-Rod-author-has-credibility-issues

There will probably be a few more articles like this coming too. If you have noticed this stors has died as quick as the swine flu story died. People are starting to realize what a pos this book really is. She doesn't source anything she says and when she does it's a lie. She said the son of his hs coach said he was juicing then. The coach denies it and the son denies it. She says he has been juicing for 10 years or more yet she conveniently doesn't mention a word about Seattle. Did he not play there? He says he was juicing with the Yankees (where he is tested 10 times a year btw) because somebody who knew somebody saw him standing with Kevin Brown holding HGH. Again, no names. It goes on and on.

#207 Don, May 7, 2009
    Last edited: May 7, 2009
  8. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

1) They did the same study with people other than Arod at short and the numbers were basically the same as in normal situations. It mentions that in the article. It doesn't appear to have anything to do with the pitchers, because those same pitchers do no worse in those situations when Arod wasn't there.

2) This article was not written by Roberts.

I had a hard time believing this one at first, but this study is pretty convincing. I mean, I guess it could be coincidence, but I don't know. It might also explain in part how Arod got a reputation for padding his stats in blowouts, even well before any of this came out.

9. cassie96

cassie96 Member

Just finished reading Selena Roberts book excerpt in SI...boring, boring, boring.

Can't imagine how that boring piece of trash book will ever sell.

10. Don

Even if it were true, how many games exactly fell into the category here? Remember, this is Texas. How many games did they actually win by 5 or 7 runs? (I'm not sure what those two boxes are saying anyway) Not to mention the fact that if he did do it, then everybody he did it for was doing it too. Otherwise he wouldn't have. Where are those names? Obviously this whole story is bullshit. This entire book was a hatchet job. It has 0 literary value.

#210 Don, May 7, 2009
    Last edited: May 7, 2009
  11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

and you've been employing that strategy ever since?