Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by MagillaGuerilla, Aug 16, 2011.

1. emania55

emania55 Member

2. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Fuck that. Stay with your corrupt University. Thanks

3. LolTolhurst

LolTolhurst Banned

I went to FIU for a bit...I used to be the dealer for University Park Towers...I actually sold some of the football players roids too...it was the first year of the program and Don Strock was HC (is he still?).

Good times.

4. Jam.

Jam. Banned

No, he's not

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Makes Ohio State look like Choir Boys!!!

SMU PART DEUX!!!

Get ready: SCANDAL BOWL SEPT 17, 2011 OSU VS MIAMI

6. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

What bothers me...2 GREAT Cane players, AJ & Vilma are involved.

7. Cam

Cam New Member

Who cares anymore we know every other team does it what im wondering is how has bama not been caught yet??????

8. FinFan4Ever

FinFan4Ever Member

I'm actually an FIU alum. But growing up in Miami in the late 80's-early 90's you were automatically a Canes fan as it was the only show in town. I'm really excited for the Golden Panthers this season and hopefully instead of sharing the Sun Belt title, they can win it outright.

9. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Typical Fins fan...bandwagoner.

10. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

How would that stop it? You don't think that, if some player is getting a $1500 a month stipend, he still couldn't be enticed by an agent waving $50,000 in cash at him?

11. Sundayjack

I don't agree, and I think the death penalty would be absolutely unfair. SMU had a rich history of violations. Not to mention, looking back at it, giving the death penalty to SMU totally fucked up Texas and southwest college football, and the impact was felt three conferences over. I think they'd be stupid to make that same mistake.

The NCAA would be wise to start with a little honesty. What Miami did was bad, but does anyone think that this is an isolated incident? Does anyone think that USC wasn't doing the same damn thing on the same damn scale, but only got called out on Reggie Bush and OJ Mayo? The difference here is that some scumbag gets convicted for a multi-million dollar ponzi scheme and suddenly decides that he's not going down alone.

USC got two years probation with no bowl appearances. Give Miami three years with no bowl appearances, two years with no television, and be done with it. You can't close a program down for this. Not if you're being honest.

12. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

If Miami gets the Death Penalty would the ACC be affected in anyway? With Miami gone in football for whatever amount of time the ACC would have only 11 playing teams, but 12 teams are required to have a championship game so would they lose it while Miami is gone or is there an exemption for this?

13. Sundayjack

It's a good question. There are about a dozen questions like this if Miami gets the death penalty. How would other teams on Miami's schedule add another BCS team on such short notice? Adding Mississippi Lower Valley A&M doesn't do dick for those teams. What if losing Miami makes some team lose its bowl eligibility? What happens to the conference? Does the conference need to pick up a new team? Or three? If they do, what happens to the Big East or Conference USA? Does the NCAA really want the SEC to get even stronger and to pull even more football talent out of Florida?

In many ways, the death penalty for SMU didn't finally reach a settling point until Nebraska jumped to the Big Ten. Does the NCAA really want to throw all of college football east of the Mississippi into a friggin tizzy?

14. IATA

IATA Trolls

th fuck is the death penalty?

15. Sundayjack

It's sort of like being banned from TGG, only it's more difficult to sneak back into a football game under a different name.

16. IATA

IATA Trolls

ok. but what is it?

17. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Jack, I was just busting my draft friend GH's chops. I doubt Miami would get the death penality. But you can bet there will be some major rule changes and enforcement in the NCAA within the next year.

I really like Miami and was really upset to hear AJ & Vilma, 2 model citizens, were involved.

18. Sundayjack

OIC. I follow you now.

Just the same, there are quite a few people talking about the death penalty for Miami. That would be absolutely horrible for college football. And I'm no Miami fan.

19. IATA

IATA Trolls

whats the death penalty?

20. Sundayjack

If we just tell you, what fun would that be?