Reggie Bush At Pick #4

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Sowell Train, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Buttle

Buttle New Member

If Cutler is available at 4 he will be avaiable all the way to Cardinals pick at 10. Taking him at 4 would be to high better to to attempt to trade down to 7 or 9 and get him.

2. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

There are 2 types of speed.

Track speed and football speed.

Some guys can run lightning fast on the track. Coles ran a 4.19 at a pro day. However, while he does play fast, he doesn't play anywhere near that speed (nor did he ever.. even before the toe).

Other guys can play with their speed. Bush doesn't even slow down in cuts, or it doesn't appear he does anyway.

3. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

Bush better show track speed, if he wants to be #1

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

If they feel as strongly about him as it seems they do than there is no point taking the chance of another team jumping up and taking him ahead of the Jets. Oak, Det, Ari & Miami are all possibilties..

5. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

i take him it would be crazy not to. Reggie Bush is a once in a lifetime talent that you just cant pass up.

6. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

I,m on that bandwagon with you...Cutler over Bush? Please. Cutler is a flash in the pan next to Bush

7. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

If Bush is there at #4, taking him is an absolute no brainer. He is so far and away the best player in the draft its not even close.

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

If you said that I would agree with you..

9. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

obviously if we took bush we would be in a win win...we either play him or trade him off for some high value

10. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I'm not convinced Bush will be a total stud at the next level. Yes, he will be talented, but will he be another Marshall Faulk, or Barry Sanders, or even an Emmit Smith? He wasn't an every down back. I don't care if a guy can get 10ypc, if he only does it 10 times a game. Yeah, he will have the big 100 yard game numbers, and over 1500 yards a year, but that's at most, 10 first downs he creates a game. That doesn't help a team win, especially when you consider that he would probably only create 5 or 6 first downs a game.

Any of the 3 QBs brings more to the table, and I don't even like Leinhart and Young. I'm not down on Cutler, but I actually would rather go with a different RB in round one, or trade down, and pursue Croyle later in the draft.

11. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Nonsense.

Forget all these workout wonders.

Just like AJ Hawk, Reggie Bush is a FOOTBALL PLAYER.

People get way too hung up on numbers and take their eye off the field.

If you don't get it..look up Workout Wonder in the dictionary..it has Mike Mamula's picture there.

12. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Dude, your bumping around your credibility with the Abrahm to Denver deal...but this is (Simon) "a complete and utter mess." You are crazy. There's no way Reggie Bush is passed on by any of the first three teams. Thats insane.

However if the insane did happen, I'd have to trade down for every other pick in the draft.

13. The Sowell Train

The Sowell Train New Member

Watch the Video. It is not my mock draft, i stumbled upon it. I am saying of course you take Bush at #4, and I am amazed that he is there on that mock. Before criticizing, get your facts straight :(

14. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

how do you figure?

Cutler has been hyped way before he worked out. His numbers, along with praise from SEC coaches, came much prior to any workout or Combine performance.

cheers

15. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

do u know what pisses me off. Hearing sh-- like this. If Bush is there at 4 I rather pick cutler. Cutler is f-ing overrated. cutler=leaf. That is it. Bush is not going to land 4 so lets stop,lets think about the possible not the impossible. In order for us to be a good team we have to first establish the foundation (the O-line) after oline is the front 7 on defense. We should do either two things draft Brick and Vern Davis or trade the 4th and receive a 2nd and get Justice and lawson. In the second round draft mangold and lawson. or if we want to solidify our offense draft Vern Davis, Justice, Mangold, Max-jean gilles.

16. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

What I saw on the field was Bush running through massive holes created by what may have been the best OL in college history. The holes will be very small in the NFL (especially in Houston). He better run a 4.2, if he wants to succeed.

17. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

reggie bush is more than a rb this guy is the next generation he might be the MJ of football

18. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

You know - people say that Bush was not an every down back in college and that means that he will not be an every down back in the pro's. I disagree. In watching him play it didn't appear that Lendale was substituting for Bush because he was tired.

I think that Lendale subbed because that was best for the team to win. Having a thunder/lightning combo. What impresses me most about the situation is that Bush didn't complain at all. Can you say proffessional? To get a kid this talented who is not a me-first player - to learn from Curtis Martin?

WOW!
    Let whoever passes on Bush for Cutler incur a curse similar to the Bambino's!

19. WayneChrebet

WayneChrebet New Member

i dig. hey, I don't like this 10 character minimum thing.

20. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

If that is all you saw then you a serious vision problem.