Redskins raise ticket prices; parking now $35 DOLLARS!!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by MisterMoss, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

No surprise here, anyway most people who have season tix to the skins can afford those prices. Most of em don't live in DC but the very well off burbs.....

2. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

True cost over time $175 x 2 +35 X10 games = $3850 per year if invested at 9% return over 20 years $196,966, over 30 years $524,784.

Now that is probably lunch money to some well off fans, but for hard working middle class average Jets fans like me, like Chris Rock would say "Good Lord that's alot of money" (for alot of pain)...

I for one will never pay over $100 for a ticket except the playoffs, but those tend to be few and far between, I have a friend who has 6 season tickets, I pick and choose what games I would like to go or I go to other friends tailgate and go out and find a single ticket that someone would like to sell to a respectable not overly intoxicated fan and go see the game I want and meet some new fans in the process.

It works for me and maybe one day when I retire you won't find me on a park bench feeding pigeons talking about the Monday Night Miracle.

3. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Very well thought out and presented, but I have one question...

Where are you getting a guaranteed NINE PERCENT return over 20 or 30 years?

4. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Thanks kindly for the compliment CT, of course it is hypothetical since nothing in life is guaranteed:up:

5. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Darn..I was going to call you for invesment advise

9% would be wonderful

6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Far from guaranteed, of course, but the historic annual return on the stock market has been about 10% for a long time. This assumes a buy-and-hold strategy, as the return if you take out the biggest few return days each year the return plunges to less than half of that - which is why trying to time the market is generally a bad idea.

7. Sect120

Sect120 Member

I wonder if the increase in parking is part of the revenue sharing. I could see parking receipts not being included in sharing, and the 40% increase will all go to Snyders pockets.

8. Sect120

Sect120 Member

Most people invest in their 401(k) and IRA. The typical return in an 401(k) is about 6.5%. It is doubtful that these people will see an average return of 9%.

Not that 9% is a bad assumption for those who actually invest, just not a good assumption for the average person.

9. JimboDaMan

JimboDaMan New Member

The same place he got a price tag of $175 for the Redskin tickets. He pulled it out of his foolish arse.

10. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

if i had to pay $35 to park i would litter everywhere, and i mean everywhere!!!!!!

11. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

You already litter everywhere. Come on!! Your shear presence in the parking lot is litter itself :wink: .