Redskins raise ticket prices; parking now $35 DOLLARS!!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by MisterMoss, Mar 9, 2006.

1. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/06/AR2006030601535.html

Redskins Hike Cost Of Tickets, Parking

By Thomas Heath
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Tuesday, March 7, 2006; E06

The Washington Redskins will raise the price of lower-bowl general-admission seats 39 percent next season, and will increase the cost of parking in the 20,000 parking spaces at FedEx Field from $25 to $35, up 40 percent.

Redskins chief operating officer Mitch Gershman said yesterday that this is the team's first general-admission ticket price increase in four years and puts the franchise more in line with the other teams in the area.

"We were looking at the competitive landscape and the overall demand for season tickets for the Redskins and we felt that moving them in line was the smart thing to do," Gershman said. "Our lower-bowl seats are still priced at the same or below what other teams are charging, and we still think we have the most outstanding value for sports entertainment in the region."

The Redskins' announcement comes two weeks after the Washington Wizards notified some customers that the team was increasing nearly 1,000 choice seats in Verizon Center by 59 percent for next season, from between $110 and $114 per seat this year to $175 per seat next year.

The Redskins, which had the fifth-highest average ticket price in the NFL last season, according to team marketing reports, were 10-6 and advanced to the playoffs for the first time since 1999. The Redskins beat the Buccaneers in Tampa Bay in the first round of the playoffs, then lost to the Seahawks in Seattle.

The 2006 season-ticket invoices include a significant change from past years. Gershman said invoices for most of the general-admission seats will separate the team's ticket price from the 10 percent Prince George's County sales tax on the ticket. So last year's $79 lower-bowl ticket, which included the tax, has increased to $99 for the ticket plus an additional county tax of about $9.90, making the total $108.90.

Upper-bowl seats that were priced between $40 and $60 have gone up between $5 and $11. With tax included, those seats are priced from around $50 to $70.

"We just decided to start showing taxes outside so people start knowing what they are paying for their tickets," Gershman said. Season ticket holders started receiving their tickets this week.

"It's an extremely ambitious ticket hike," said one season-ticket holder who asked that his name not be used. "They timed the ticket price to go with a time when the team is improving."

"I want to know why," said Randy Dyer, a 10-year season ticket holder who lives in McLean and said he will keep his tickets. "I really don't care what the other local sports teams charge."

Gershman said the team is reducing the price of hundreds of partially obscured seats from around $50 to the $35 range.

Gershman said the Redskins will try to work with fans who want to discuss their seating location and parking options in light of the announced increases. Metro has a stop within walking distance of FedEx Field and is an option for those who don't want to pay $35 to park.

----------

Goodness

2. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

Holy ****ing christ.

Highway robbery with all the cars in park. :deadskins:

3. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

Holy Cow Thats Out Rage

4. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Thats bullshit:deadskins: I would start a riot if I were a skins fan, Snyder is a prick.

5. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

35$ well Snyder has 2 wipe his ass with something.

6. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Hah! That is a crime. Have with with that Skins...

7. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

Sucks to be a skins fan...

8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

something tells me MM is a big skin__..

a skinfan that is :lol:

9. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

It's weird. I hate the Skins with a passion, but they're the team that has my favorite player on it. Part of me wants Santana to suck since he's a former Jet and looks bad for us when he does as well as he did last year. It's just very strange. I'm obsessed with the Redskins because I love to see them fail, despite the fact that Moss is on their team.

10. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Just call it revenue sharing... the new league wide mandate. Only you didn't know the fans were being tapped too. :)

11. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

oh wow, i thought you kinda liked them seriously....

well it could be worse..moss could be a patriot or eagle...

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Most of us only have one favorite team.

13. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

HAHAHAHAHA so that dumbass syder could overpay every player he signs.:deadskins:

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

$175 per seat? I guess in order to get an owner to sign every free agent you have to pay him a lot.

15. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

35 dollars is just CRAZY, well at least the train buisness will be happy.

16. The Mariner

The Mariner New Member

Snyder is just being a business man. If every NFL owner were only concerned with profit, none of us would be able to afford to see any team but the Arizona Cardinals. You think if Woody doubled ticket prices people would stop buying tickets? With a waitlist that long, he and a lot of other NFL owners are doing the fans a service by not ridiculously gouging us.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You're saying $175 tickets per seat for the upper deck is reasonable? Shit, Yankee tickets aren't even that much.

18. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Oh, now I get it.

Thanks Woody.

19. The Mariner

The Mariner New Member

Hey the Redskins still sell out. Ask their fans if it's reasonable.

20. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

It's nice to see the "Bottomless Pocket" finally found the bottom. I hate Snyder and the :deadskins:
    So much for his free spending, too bad he's shoving it to the fans thou.