Recording Jets games and putting them online (via DropBox)

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Mambo9, Aug 16, 2011.

?

Would you use this "service"?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

It happens to all of us to lose games... especially fans that don't live in the US. So I have an idea...
    We can create a TGG account on Dropbox and use it to upload Jets games. Dropbox then creates a link we can post here and anyone can download the game by clicking on the link (even if you don't have a Dropbox account).

The only question I have is, who would be willing to record and upload the game? Doesn't have to be the same person every time of course but whoever does it needs to have access to that DropBox account.

PS for those who don't know DropBox is a site that let's you upload up to 2GB for free in a personal folder and share it with whoever you like. Of course since space is limited only 2/3 games can be kept at a time but I'm sure many would be downloading it the day after...

2. IATA

IATA Trolls

A 4 hour game of good quality will run you 6+ gb.

3. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Really!? I think if you put it in AVI instead of MKV you can keep it in about 1.5/2GB... Sure it's not HD but it's still solid...
    I've never downloaded a game so I don't know how big they usually are.

There are ways to have more space on DropBox btw (still for free)... I think you can get up to 4/5 GBs.

#3 Mambo9, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  4. 624

624 Banned

I definitely want to start downloading games to put on my 3 TB external hard drive, so if we can find a way to do it then sure. I would of course prefer HD though.

5. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

You can get a free folder up to 8Gbs... that should allow HD games right?

The question is who can record a game on their computer? I'm sure someone here can do that...

PS Also for 10$ a month or 100$ a year TGG can have a 50Gb space...

#5 Mambo9, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  6. 624

624 Banned

Talk to Royal Tee, I think he has every game for the past 4+ years in HD and edited down to just the game.

I have no experience with Dropbox though so I'm the wrong person to ask.

7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Sup gents...
    The method of recording, editing and compressing the games is tedious and I'm not sure many are up to the task because of time.

- When you record the game in Full HD w/ commercials it comes out to anywhere between 20-35gb depending on how long the game is..etc.

- Editing out the commercials has to be done manually on a program because no program's "Commercial Editor" works 100% so
    that requires going through the game (which I don't mind cause you get to watch it again)
    marking commercials and then creating a file that has no commercials output a file about 13-18gb.

- Now you have to setup to compress the file to whatever format you want. i.e.-dvd, mp4, divx, xvid etc... that is preference but either way will take anywhere from 10-24hrs of computer.
    So you either need a half decent computer or a secondary one because it will be in use for that period of time.

This is still a work in progress as there are only 2 real programs that are upto doing all the tasks at hand. Otherwise, you are using different progs to accomplish different tasks.
    I try and have all my files w/ 5.1 sound because for me that is a big part of the game while you can find most files w/ straight 2.0 sound and are ususally a little smaller in size but not by much.

My current collection is incomplete due to a HDD failure but I have a few years @ hand on my HTPC and a few burned to disc....

I haven't even done all of last years games yet because of time...actually I still have a few stragglers from the past couple of years...lol

I am putting together a new workstation that should be finished sometime in Oct. which will cut the post processing time by 50-80%
    So, hopefully I will be able to churn out some butter a lil quicker..

FYI, there are ways to do it for "free" but some of "all in one" progs that make it a little easier are not free.

#7 Royal Tee, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  8. andi15ro

andi15ro New Member

i usually download torrents from tenyardtracker.com if i miss a game

but it takes a day or two to get a good quality one

Usually games are around 12 - 3 am for me and is pretty difficult to see them, so i would say YES to this service

9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

How big are they? I really don't care if the quality isn't full HD. A good old avi file would be good for me...

That said it seems to me like it's A LOT of work...