realistic chances of QBs being there at 3 when we pick

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Apr 19, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Darnold - 10% chance
    Both the browns and giants are considering taking darnold. the chances both pass on them is pretty slim, however the browns could opt for allen which rumors are it's in consideration, and the giants could take the BPA (barkley) which fills a huge need for them much more then a QB would

Allen - 50% chance
    If the browns don't take Allen he will be there for the jets at 3, however it's a 50/50 shot they take him 1st overall

Rosen - 90% chance
    Rumor is the giants and browns both don't have a heavy interest in rosen. it's only 90% due to the possibility of the giants trading out of the 2 spot for a team that may covet rosen

Mayfield - 100%
    nobody is taking mayfield 1st or 2nd overall

Jackson - 100%
    nobody is taking jackson 1st or 2nd overall

2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Roll the dice on Allen and hope Bates gets the most out of him

Mr mittens likes this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Not if Rosen is available at 3.

4. Rockinz

Rosen the more polished player but Allen is the better prospect

Mr mittens and GasedAndConfused like this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

Allen has more upside, but rosen has much less downside. the chances of rosen being a bust are stupidly small, but allen has big bust potential, but also big boom potential

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

fixed ... ill still take a Matt Ryan (Rosen)

That doesn't make Allen a better prospect cause of his potential.

7. GasedAndConfused

right now my worst nightmare is rosen is on the board and we take mayfield instead. If it's allen or mayfield it's whatever, i prefer allen but not like either is a amazing prospect. But if we pass on rosen or darnold at 3 i'd be sick to my stomach

8. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

This looks more or less spot on to me. I think the only way Rosen is not available for the Jets to select would be a team that wanted him traded up to the Giants spot. And even if that happened there is a decent chance it would be the Bills and I assume they would go either Darnold or Allen anyway.

Francesca thinks the Giants will scrap their no-QB plan and take Darnold if the Browns don't (for whatever that's worth.... probably something). If that's true Darnold would be the one guy that has no realistic chance of being available for the Jets to select.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  9. Pepsiguy5

I'd almost say that would be like trading the bird in the hand for one out in the bushes. And oh by the way, you also pissed away three valuable 2nd round picks for the privilege of doing so? No way. Not even the Jets are that stupid. I'm literally going to have to see this happen to believe it.

Red Menace and GasedAndConfused like this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

many here on TGG seem to believe we would, or at least the vocal minority that have an odd love affair with baker

11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Who is this vocal minority that has an odd love affair with him?

legler82 likes this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

Not you, but i'm sure people know who they are

13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Read through the Baker Mayfield vs Rosen thread.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I’m afraid of Mac at this point, I don’t trust him. His criteria seems to be big body with big arm, there’s only one guy who fits that mold, if Darnold and Rosen are gone, I wish he would trade down from the third pick.

I don’t believe in either Mayfield or Allen, but the pick will be Allen. If Rosen is available and he passes on him, he would prove once again that he doesn’t know how to scout QBs.

15. GasedAndConfused

i kinda feel exactly the same, the reports are everyone likes mayfield, but after watching film, i can't help but think it's all a smoke screen to hide who they really like. I cna't see anyone being sold based off his personality. that's the way to draft a loser. I don't care how likeable someone is, it doens't change their ability to play

16. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

everyone always says Allen has the highest ceiling... but why ? Darnold and Rosen Imo clearly have higher ceilings. Allen has never once shown he is a dominant player, people see Rocket arm, size and decent mobility and automatically assume he must have a super high ceiling. I just don't see it

17. Rockinz

I believe he is physically superior and has a better arm. They both are coming from a pro offence.

18. GasedAndConfused

because his arm, he can step into the NFL now and make throws most NFL Qbs can't. doens't mean he'll piece it together which is why people consider him "boom or bust" but you can't teach arm, you can teach the other stuff though if the player is willing to learn

CotcheryFan and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  19. Pepsiguy5

I think the theory is that Josh Allen has the most impressive God-given talents that can't be trained, only born with. So logically if he turns out to have the mental knack for playing NFL QB there are basically no limits on what he can achieve.

Now.... I love Josh Allen and I'd take him #3 overall myself but I think the chances of that all locking together and he ends up proving to have the elite mental toughness/resourcefulness/leadership of Brady/Rothlisberger/Montana types are fairly low. Darnold and Rosen imho are much much more likely to reach their "ceiling" even though it might theoretically be a little below Josh Allen's possibilities.

20. GasedAndConfused

very well said!