Re: Favre - Get your torch and join the league of petty jealous dipsticks!‏

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TeriB, Feb 12, 2009.

1. TeriB

TeriB New Member

This is an email (or rant) I sent (or comment I posted when there was a comment section) to sports "journalists" who have been ripping on Favre the last couple of days:

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This message was intended for a Packers fan site, but it was intercepted.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

4. phatnols

phatnols Member

next thing I will see is TeriB acting like that britney freak on youtube. Leave Brett Favre Alone!!! waaah waah

5. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I love these Packer fans who think Favre deserves adoration from Jet fans for what Favre accomplished as a Packer. Teri - we don't care. What Favre did while with the Packers means as much to Jet fans as what Jerry Rice accommplished with the 49ers. It means nothing to us. Favre failed as a Jet. Yes he won 9 games, but the 1-5 finish, the awful play in December, the lost draft pick, and losing the last game and the division to Pennington are what I remember. I can honestly say that there are few Jet players I have liked less. I didn't want him here and I am glad he is gone. The career stats are meaningless to me because they did nothing for the team I root for. I can respect him as a player for what he accomplished in his career, but he did nothing for my team except delay the search for long-term solution at QB. Good riddance.

6. phatnols

phatnols Member

Sad thing is since hFavre retired as a Jet. I think these fanboys are going to retire on our message board. Geez I never left a team cause I thought management made a terrible decision. Looks like these wackjobs are going to stay here for a while.

7. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Is this writer talking about the same Favre who took a dive on the final game of the season in '01 against the NYG to GIVE Michael Strahan the single season sack record? Or is he talking about the same Favre who sprinted off the field after the final Jets' game? Or is he talking about the same Favre who played the Jets like an accordion last offseason so he could get another $13M in his bank account?

8. MudBowl Survivor

MudBowl Survivor New Member

Wow that is some adoration for this guy from the original poster. He was always a me first, selfish, egotistical jerk. ANd his talent ran out many years ago, but the diva act lives on. Brett Favre from 1994-1998 was a different player than the guy who played from 1999 on. But people are still giving him props for the great years over a decade ago. He is the ultimate number hanger who doesn't get it done in the clutch (remember, his only SB win was because his kick returner had a great day). His playoff record since that SB win? 3-7. His TD/INT stats? 12TD 18 INT. Sorry, this does not add up to what is called a "great player". He just played a long time. Cmon Favre fans, 320 career picks? How great can you really be? I always thought he was good but overrated (except for those 3 or 4 great years a very long time ago).

9. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Teri was one of our strong additions during election/Favre season.

I salute the man's career but please, Brett, no unretiring now.

10. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

Brett Favre has been the media darling for his entire career and he only deserved it about 5 years. Favre can take his 1st and 10 fair catch INT's and shove them up his ass. Cya jerk.

11. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Look, you guys are completely missing the point. The post & Sportsman of the Year stuff isn't even about what he did on the field. But that's all you guys come back with, over and over and OVER again, ad naseum. Do you even READ what's written first before you start trashing Favre threads???

It's about what he did off the field, it's about how he is a genuine good guy, it's about how he doesn't deserve all this "diva" shit being thrown at him by ego-inflated NY sports beat writers who are all sore because he didn't give them interviews, and no they are gonna look for any excuse to mock him as retribution. Who are the real divas in that equation? Jesus, did anyone read the whiny crap that Raissman wrote? That's ALL it was, not even thinly disguised: "Waa! Waaa! Waaa! Brett Favre never gave me an interview! Waa! Waa! Waaa! He sucks! Take THAT, Brett Favre! This is PAYBACK! Waaa!"

But don't take my word for it, see for yourself:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2009/02/11/2009-02-11_mr_favre_we_hardly_knew_ye.html?page=1

He is a genuine good guy, you know. back ten years ago, the 8 year old kind of my brother in law's foster sister had leukemia, and Favre spent almost an hour meeting and talking with him & his family, because that was his wish. Favre always answers these requests, and as you can imagine he gets a LOT of them. He gives a ton of both time & money to charity.

But yeah sure, you guys know everything, he's a greedy sad ass loser who only came here for the money. Okiedokie.

#11 puddnhead, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I got no problem with Favre off the field. I think its the best place for him.

13. TeriB

TeriB New Member

THANK YOU! Damn, the snarky, snide little ingrates and haters are sure persistent. Didn't hear them bitching when the Jets were 8-3 last season. Whatever. They can't give him any credit, but they're quick to give him the blame. Seems to me the Jets were pretty low before Brett came to town.

. . . at any rate, I hope they give Ratliff a chance at the starting job. He's got more promise than the other QBs the Jets have right now IMO, and he's the kind of QB the Jets can build a future with.

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Welcome to NY Brett. What did he expect after that season, a parade?

15. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I thought we got rid of these numbskulls yesterday:rolleyes:

16. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Now you're talking smack about the Jets on a Jets board?

Are you daft?

17. TeriB

TeriB New Member

No, but YOU are not too bright. As far as I can tell, there aren't any Jets players or management posting to this board. Just a bunch of FANS. You got a problem with free speech? I think the Taliban is recruiting.

18. Bvon

Bvon New Member

Quote of the off-season.

:rofl:

19. Phyr

Phyr Member

Teri, I believe brothermoose was calling you senseless, not saying that you can't post your opinions here. Maybe you should take a page from Favre and class it up a bit. Flamewars here , generally, aren't worth the time that people put into them.

20. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Bull$#!t.

You are missing one important aspect. He gave us a season to apreciate QB play that we hadn't had in 3 decades,( except 86 O'Brien, 98 Testaverde, and 02 Penny)...

At 8/3 this was the best Jets team of all of them. The Coaching staff F8d us down the stretch. Not Favre.