RC Fischer: Geno is a fraud

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 74, Oct 30, 2013.

1. 74

74 Well-Known Member

@kentucky jet, I'm not a Sanchez fanboy. I've said before that I'm rooting for Geno. I said before that I posted this to hear what the counter argument is, not because it's what I believe. but go on having a pissy fit and making assumptions about me, I really don't care.

#81 74, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  2. sanchise

sanchise Member

RC Fisher is the new Ernest Hemingway and Jack London of sportswriters. In dodgy basement, sitting on a creaky chair, he puffs out last whiff of smoke from his degenerating cigarette. A swig of whiskey tunes his impressionable young mind a tad to the right, and he knows Geno Smith's past, present and future.

3. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

All i have to say is, who the f&%k is RC Fisher??

Admittedly, I was not a great fan of this pick as I didn't feel Geno was going to make any impact the first 1-2 years. But, after seeing him in action I see some potential there.

Although it will take some time for him to develop, he shows some promise.

All you have to to to debunk Fischer's 'analysis' is to see Kerley's name omitted and no mention that Geno is in his 1st year. How did Manning fair in his 1st year?

4. sanchise

sanchise Member

Geno's doing way better than Peyton Manning in his first year. He knows his roles in games.

5. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Lets give this guy a little bumparooski

Week 12 game recap

" – Not that I am keeping track, or taking any delight, but since I was branded by an emailer (and big fan, I assume) as the notorious “butt boy” (which is way less hip than Notorious B-I-G) for my negative scouting take on Geno Smith (9-22 for 127 yards, 0 TD/2 INT) three weeks ago, all Smith has done in that post-“butt boy” stretch is average a lowly 3.0 FF PPG on 125.5 passing yards, 0.0 TD/1.8 INT on 39.1% (on 2.75 games played).

The only anal invasion happening with Geno Smith is not on me—it’s on the Jets’ fans and season-ticket holders.

Really dwell upon this thought—at one point pre-2013 NFL Draft, in DEC-JAN-FEB…Geno Smith was most everyone who is paid to do this for a living’s #1 rated QB prospect…and #1 overall player for the 2013 NFL Draft. At worst, he faded to a top-3 rated QB and late 1st-round projection by D-Day. From the people who brought you Blaine Gabbert… comes Geno Smith.

Folks, I realize my QB scouting accuracy percentage is a stunning concoction of witchcraft and Microsoft Excel, but I will be wrong again about a QB someday—it’s just not on this day with Geno Smith. Watch any game tape of Mike Glennon or Matt McGloin, and then watch any game of Geno Smith, and you tell me what you see. The “needs more time” excuse doesn’t hold water.

Spoiler Alert: Next year, the arrival of a new Coach and/or Offensive Coordinator will be theorized by all football analysts as the necessary “fix” for Geno.
    "

6. Mr. Green Pants

What an obnoxious and unnecessary thread bump. The other five Geno threads not enough for you?

7. 74

74 Well-Known Member

No, they're not, this is the thread where the whole board got engraged that I dare question the chosen one. Every single post was about how shitty the author is and how shitty I am for even posting the article. The obnoxious ones are the people from this site that sent that guy hate mail, when he was right no less.

8. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Why does this stat fanatic not bring up anybody else besides Geno Smith? No bringing up the heavy amount of pressure he is facing vs a team leading the league in sacks in Baltimore courtesy of our pass protection? No drops?

Does he even watch the games?

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Does being "right" make you feel better that the QB of your favorite team stinks? Wouldn't you rather be wrong and he plays well?

I didn't like the Sanchez pick but once he became a Jet I rooted hard for him. I also didn't scour the internet looking for articles that bashed Sanchez.

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I've rooted for Geno to succeed all season. Sad truth is that he's just not that good. In fact he's quite bad. I'm not scouring the internet, this is from a scouting site that I've been following for a few years. This author got flamed so hard by this entire site a few weeks ago, to the point of getting hate mail. Since that time, Geno has had a stretch of epically poor performances. Give the guy his due, he's been right on with this call so far since before the draft.

#90 74, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  11. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

My problem is he isn't telling the whole story though. No constant pressure in his face, no separation of his targets, no overuse of the wildcat. It is like he looked at a boxscore, giggled/laughed and wrote that. There is always a story to a statline.

Did Buford say the Jets had a great offense that Geno was being given the keys to? Does he think one player is single handedly crippling a whole team?

12. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying but it's just a quick game recap to touch on the performance of relevant players. I posted the part about Geno. at this point, I don't expect him to go in depth about O line issues to make excuses for a guy he's been proclaiming as a bust for an entire year. At a some point you have to hold Geno accountable for his poor play.

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

will be fun to look back in 2-3 years for reference.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I’m not sure why any of you are fighting me on this RC Fischer thing. He is a bad NFL Reporter. I see what Fischer is doing quite clearly, and watching him with Mehta Manish and Steve Serby only confirms things to my eyes. Fraudulent NFL Reporters can exist the way Fischer is right now—I think he is petrified of being wrong. The way you can “get by” as an NFL Reporter with that issue, and have some success reporting on a game here and there, is to identify an issue that can't be verified for a year or more and just go with that. If a year or so down the road you turn out to be right, you can climb on your pedestal and proclaim your genius. If you are wrong, then your 'prediction' was made so long ago that no one will even remember. If in fact you were right, you are seen as a NFL Reporter “who is not afraid to make the bold prediction.” However, the Reporters internal fear of being wrong is actually at the core of it. So if you think RC Fischer is a brilliant reporter with great insight:

…You are wrong. What you see in RC Fischer this week is a hoax, perpetrated by uneasy fans looking for any answer. Do not believe RC Fischer. Please email me back in 9-12 months and admit I was right all along.

15. 74

74 Well-Known Member

except he's not a reporter at all. he runs a moneyball type scouting site with the goal of predicting NFL success from college metrics. he was saying the same things about geno back when the rest of the media was proclaiming him a number one overall pick. so none of what you just wrote has any credence. If he turns out wrong on geno its a flaw in the computer system that they'll have to look into, but the way things are going I'd say the chance of that happening is slim to none.

16. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

ouch...nice response..lol.

Hey, right now his overall thinking with Geno/Fraud might end up being right..but Im really not buying the reasons of looking for a big receiver and blah blah blah after that. The Kerley argument..the huge game from Holmes..I mean I am just not buying his theory.

When a qb has 3 of the top 5 worst qb rated games of the year...thats a huge concern for me. There is just no bright spots with the kid anymore. If I were GM I would be thinking...next.

17. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Rex is the true fraud by not doing every thing he can to try and get a win. He did it with Sanchez and now he is doing it with Smith.

18. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

As much as i love Rex i have to say you have your point he makes any OC do pussy calls cuz he thinks he can carry all games via defense. He should just not give advice to MM let him do his thing.

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Dude I just swapped Geno's name with Fischer's name in the original article...hahaha

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I understand it's right to support our QB and have his back, but RC Fischer is absolutely correct thus far. I have not seen anything good from Geno that will convince me otherwise.

If you guys don't see the fact that he ALWAYS stares down receivers and doesn't make progressions then you are a blind homer. Mangolden Showers there is nothing wrong with what you posted.