RB Decision for 2019

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 88toon, Jan 6, 2019.

1. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

I think he could be available if Jax wants to trade up for Haskins. The Jets could trade 1st round picks with Jax and receive Fournette plus some other picks.

2. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Meh, watched a lot of Fournette last 2 years and when he's on the field (not often) he's pretty under whelming. Maybe it was the OL but he looks 1 dimensional, runs downhill only.

stinkyB and FJF like this.
  3. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

1. Bell - cant discount pure healthy top end talent.

Big gap

2a. Ingram - good strong power back with not too many touches the last 2 years.
    2.b Mcguire - good young player who did well the last few games for us. Up high as he is on his rookie contract for 3 more years.

3. Cannon- showed flashes as a pass catching back with speed. One thing that the NFL shows these days that if you can utilise it, speed kills.

4. Crowell- just not an exciting back and can save cap space with a release
    5. Barber - bit part player for a few years on the bus. No thanks
    6. Powell- 30 years old, neck injury which could be career threatening and needs a contract as hes a free agent. Thanks for everything powell and best of luck with the recovery but dont re sign.

Theres a bunch of c+ running backs on FA this year. We already have some.

Only talent is bell. If hes going to fit the incoming scheme then get him

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

Cody Hummel likes this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

No thanks, especially if someone trades up ahead of us to grab a quarterback. That means someone is falling. I would honestly rather spend the money on Bell who is a far better player.

FJF likes this.
  5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'd rather have them package in a pick that they could use to draft a RB...

6. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

If you watch his games Bell is NOT a burst of speed through tiny holes. He is a methodical runner that waits waits waits for an opening then runs through it. If you're telling me Mac will sign / draft the quality of Villanueva, Pouncey and Decastro then yes sign Bell. If not, HELL NO ! Bell is an avg at best back without a strong OL. On this team he'd be stop for losses routinely.

7. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

He would be a major improvement and he has great hands out the backfield like having a really good receiver to check down, Darnold would love that too.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Signing Bell would be dumb imo. With the money it will take to sign him, the Jets could sign 3-4 other good FAs, and they wouldn't have to worry about how many games they would play next season or worry if they were going to hold out for even more money. FA isn't the only way to add players, you know? There's this thing called the Draft. There will be some pretty good RBs in the draft this year, and a bunch of studs next year. RB is the easiest position in the NFL for a rookie to come in, start day one, and play at a very high level. There is absolutely no compelling reason to sign Bell. The Jets could sign Ingram and wait until 2020 to draft a stud RB. They could sign Ingram and draft a RB in the 3rd round this year (or lower) and he could prove to be a stud or at least a quality starter.

9. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to warm up to your Bell stance.......for the record I think he chooses the Colts. They could find a very decent RB in the third round or so.

NCJetsfan likes this.