Ray Lucas

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Gator, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Gator

Gator Active Member

So did he get canned from SNY or what? Enquiring minds want to know.

2. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I don't think so, but I could be wrong

3. Christian

Christian Active Member

No im pretty sure hes still with the network. He was on Brandon Tierney today and he was mentioned as still being with SNY. Basically this guy goes on the radio and says the trade up for Sanchez was awful becuase we gave up too many players. I even think at 1 point he claimed Kenyon Coleman played DE and OLB. He also feels the only way the pick will be a success is if Sanchez becomes the next Joe Namath. Then he was asked if he was able to pick at #5 without trading all the players and 2nd round pick he still wouldnt take Sanchez. Should be fired from SNY immediately.

4. Drew

Drew Active Member

Nah, he was on the Jets draft shows this weekend.

Didn't look too happy with the Sanchez pick, though.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Ray Lucas is afraid of a franchise QB.

I heard him say something about "well what about Clemens?"... the idea is to keep searching until you find "that guy"

Sanchez has done nothing but give that feeling to all of us. Its really tough to hate Mark Sanchez as a person. He's so damn cool.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Lucas was very much against the Sanchez trade up and pick. It's interesting to watch the opposition. I wish he had made better arguments against the pick. That's what I want, to hear good arguments against the pick instead of weak ones.

7. Christian

Christian Active Member

Ray Lucas really did seem to have a major hard on for Clemens when I heard him on the radio. He was also upset we gave up our preseason superstar for a potential regular season superstar.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

its that whole "let the underdog with the huge odds against him be the hero" mentality that has gotten this team nowhere and has made old time Jet fans bitter after decades of mediocrity.

people are afraid to take that chance.

9. Drew

Drew Active Member

Alot of the posters here are too.

I couldn't believe some of the comments on the pick Saturday. It seems most have changed their tune, but Jesus. I guess people just want the Jets to be mediocre their entire life.

10. Christian

Christian Active Member

We gave up a 2nd and 3 backups for a potential franchise quarterback. We made out like bandits in that trade.

11. Drew

Drew Active Member

Some people fail(ed) to realize that. It was an amazing trade.

12. jcjet

jcjet Member

he was not on the Sunday draft show...maybe b/c of all his negativity. No JET fan wants to watch the show to hear all the negativity when the rest of the sport world is congratulating the move. He probably just feels bad for Clemens, being a QB that had to fight for his chance too.

13. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

With RAy its understandable, he was a guy no one thought would succeed and he did (?), so he's got to root for KC. I root for him because I'd like to think we outsmarted everyone in the Leinart, Cutler, Young world. But that's moot now, it's a new era now and I am on board.

14. ReservoirDog76

ReservoirDog76 New Member

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

No way - not for this. I don't agree with him at all, but the one thing I don't like about Jet Nation is that they all basically suck off the Jets and no one ever criticizes anything. It's nice to see someone disagree for once even if I don't agree with them at all.

16. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but since when does Ray Lucas' opinion matter? He wasn't exactly a good QB. Calling him decent would be an overstatement.

17. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

I cant stand the two 12 yr olds. Wonder who they wanted to draft.

18. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Yeah. Those two are jack-offs. It's funny, everybody (Jets fans) are jumping and celebrating and these two ass pounders act like somebody just kicked their dog.

19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

They probably cheered when we drafted Blair Thomas, although the kid on the left probably wasn't born...

20. Christian

Christian Active Member

The reason I say I want him fired is not only because he didnt like the Sanchez trade up, but this guy is just incredibly annoying on every single Jets post game show on SNY. I don't know what it is about him I just cant stand him.