Ray Lewis is nuts

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NY Vilmaniac, Apr 25, 2006.

1. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

i love the guy

he basically just told the ravens that if they dont play the 4-3, he wants to leave.

the ravens are complete idiots!! ray was the biggest playmaker in the game for a while during their 4-3 time. But then they decide to go over to the 3-4 and have an extra o-lineman who can run right through and man handle him taking him right out of the play. that could be partly the reason for his injury but i dont know.

i just think if you have a player like ray lewis you need to play the defensive system he is most successfull in. and it is very hard to argue that he wasnt successful back then (even though he is getting older)

2. WestKyJetsFan

WestKyJetsFan New Member

I don't really follow the Ravens, but weren't they running the 3-4 when they had their super bowl run? I thought their success is what led the other teams to switch to it

3. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Nah they ran the 4-3 and then I believe the switched to a 3-4 the next year. The 3-4 popularity is mostly attributed to the Steelers and Patriots.

4. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

He's full of crap. A week ago, he was crowing about how Tony Siragusa used to guarantee him that he'd keep guard off Ray, and he'd be free to move around. So, essentially, RayRay was telling us all that he isn't quite the Superman that he'd like us all to think.

He's a fair quarterback these days. If I were an owner and he asked me for his release, I oblige him, if he'd agree to pay back his unearned bonus.

5. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

Why is the thread named Ray Lewis is Nuts if you are siding w/ him? Ray Lewis needs to shut the H#&$ up and go play in the new system. So what if he gets a few less tackles a year. He's making his money, he needs to go out and play

6. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

That's not the point... Ray Lewis is going to now have a guard on him every time guaranteed and he'll have to work twice as hard to make a play. This means he's going to wear down and tire out throughout the game... until the point comes when he's being blown back of the ball and looks like a fool. Ray Ray is an undersized LB that is much better fit in a 4-3 where he can move around and make plays with his speed instead of his ability to fight off a block.

7. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

I dont get it is it a typo or a joke i dont get?

8. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Holy smokes, that's a horrendous error. Not a typo, just a poster with his mind on a whole bunch of other nonsense.

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I told you to stop hangin with Ricky!!!
    Now look at you,

Just put the juice down !

:lol:

10. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

If this is the case, why are we putting Vilma in a 3-4 system? He is not Ray Lewis but he is one of the better LBs in the league and will the 3-4 not just end up allowin him to be more easily blocked?

11. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

Ray lewis has enough props to be the man on defense, his defense won that franchise a superbowl... If he feels like it's a disrespect then that's what it is....

Favre is complaining also it's the same but diffrent...

And again we the jets are staying in a 4-3 base and will use the 3-4 in certain plays.

12. fireguy404

fireguy404 New Member

Ray Lewis is getting old. He doesn't quite have the team around him that he used. These two facts are going to make him bitch. Yea, he was a great linebacker and still is still a top 10 linebacker. But he is not the dominate force he once was back in the late 90s early 2000's.

13. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

by less tackles a year do you mean much less more, injuries, and being called the most over rated linebacker in football?? just wondering

and dont worry about the name, it its not a big deal

14. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

they are different people. and i tihnk vilmas age gives him an advantage. He came in to the 3-4 and didnt have superbowl success like ray witht the 4-3.

Vilma is a good 3-4 LB as where ray might not be as good. I also think abraham and ellis were big factors sucking up double teams.

15. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Ray Lewis was a great LB but he is 31 years old. At his best he needed his DL to keep bodies off of him to be great. At 31 he is not close to that player anymore. He needs to let the team come first.

16. akibud

akibud Active Member

Vilma to my knowledge has never played in a 3-4 defense. How is it that you sound so certain that he is a 3-4 linebacker??

where is the evidence??