Rams New uniforms

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Murrell2878, Mar 1, 2017.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

In the late 1990s, the NFL and other leagues decided dark colors were the way to go. I never liked it, and I hope the Jets go back to kelly green. Our current style is good, but hunter green is too drab.

alleycat9 likes this.
  2. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed we see these again.

[​IMG]

Dierking and alleycat9 like this.
  3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

my understanding was that they wanted to make hte colors the same, want to be green you are hunter green. red you can be red or you can be maroon but if there is another team that is that color you have to match them. the idea was it would be easier for the companies who produced the jerseys to make more and save money because they wouldnt have to buy a bunch of different colors. at least that was the silly story i heard back then. it does all end up being about money, now that china has a vast number of different colors i guess it doesnt matter anymore but hte dummy jets still rock the blandest color on the face of the earth.

i have a friend who is one of those fashion insttitute type folks and she says that green is not a primary color and should never be used as such. i think she might be right.

i LOVED those kelly green unis, i still think a third color could make the whole thing so much better but i would love to see those kelly greens with the green helmet make a come back. i also understand i have a soft spot for that because its the uni we wore when i was a kid, and i feel the same as the old er guys feel about the current unis.