Raiders cut Bruce Irvin... sign this beast

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BroadwayAaron, Nov 3, 2018.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

well...yea maybe I went too far with the "foolish not too". But I agree with all you said

2. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

No reason not to claim him, he's off the books after the season, anyways.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

There are a couple of good centers who should be available, Matt Paradis from Denver comes to mind, Jones and Morse also. Quite a few good guards as well, just about the entire Rams O line will be FAs, won't be able to keep them all. There are several options at TE. Jesse James from Pitt would pair nicely with Herndon. Several other available as well.
    Edge and RB are two positions that will be plentiful in Free Agency, lots of WRs too. LT is one area that is not going to be fixed in free agency though. The 3 who would have value were extended.
    We could be in a position to trade back for a change and actually add a pick in round 2. Can even package the extra 3 and 4 to move into the second round. I can see most of the holes being filled and much needed depth added . Hopefully that with a new coach will push things forward to the playoffs

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree. If OL/WR/Edge are off the table (already taken or Mac is unable to trade down), then TE would be the next best position. As I think I stated to you before, Brady has had a bunch of mediocre WRs for much of his career, but he's had very good TEs. With two TEs like Fant and Herndon, RBs who can catch the ball out of the backfield, and Enunwa, Kearse, Anderson and Tyrell Williams, and the OL upgraded, Sam would have lots of options of where to throw the ball.

#44 NCJetsfan, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    KurtTheJetsFan and CotcheryFan like this.