R Gallery told he will be starting LT

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Raiderjoe, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

With Hiring of ART Shell< Tom Walsh- OC(background designing blocking schemes for blitz pickup> Jackie Slater-Oline coach, and Irv Eatman assistant Oline coach . Raiders are taking Oline development very serious.

They are going back to the man blocking scheme that was so effective in 2004,than the 2005 zone blocking scheme,that the whole Oline struggled with . The Plan is RT- R gallery6'7 325 will move to his more comfortable LT position. LT Barry Sims 6'5 310 will move inside TO LG, C J Grove RG probably best RG prospect left in second round RT Langston walker 6'8 340 . The Oline production realy dropped when he was lost for season. Best suited for RT than LG , as it was harder for 6'8 player to get leverade on a 6'1 DT.

2. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

That is borderline unreadable...

3. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

:lol: Jeaux, you're a mystery.

I travel through a couple of the Raider boards - moreso in the last couple days. NOBODY shares your enthusiasm for this nonsense you keep trying to repackage and feed to us a nonsense. In fact, half the posts are reluctantly trying to spin Art Shell into a positive, and the other half are calling for Al Davis to resign from team operations.

Most laughable is Al's looney, rambling, press conference. I think Arthur Shell may have said a few sentences. The rest of it was Crazy Al, defending his latest incompetence, and repeating over and over again how he wanted to get back to "Raider Football" (or, as Al says, ErrrRaider Football :rolleyes:). I've got news for Al. Raider Football is still out there, it's just being played by a half a dozen other teams.

A long press conference full of a whole lotta nuthin'. I kept trying to guess how many times Loopy Al had refilled his Depends.

4. lightning

lightning Active Member

OH GOD! well i guess the broncos, chiefs and chargers should just give up now.

5. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

NO Of course not, theyshould wait till after freeagency and draft to come to that conclusion. BOO YA

6. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Hey Buddy, come clean you were cruising the raider boards, trying to find out where you can buy a pair of AL davis glasses.

Really dosen't matter what the fan base thinks . Art Shell will be judged by his won and loss record. Just like every other coached hired.

7. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Now that's a football name.

8. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Well thakn god. I can finally sleep at night.

9. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Kinghenry said it in jest, but honestly, thank god Gallery's finally getting to play the position he was born to play. One of the best LT prospects of the past decade, and they put him at RT where he's, simply put, not suited to be more than a solid player. I'm going to be expecting big things from him starting around week 5 or 6 once he gets back into the swing of playing LT, I'll be nothing short of shocked if he isn't a pro bowler in a couple years.

10. GreenMachine

Breaking news!!!! Raiderjeaux told by TGG "NOBODY CARES!!!"

11. baamf

baamf Active Member

He started for the Jets in 91 and 92....

12. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Listen He was playing RT simple because LT B sims 6'5 305 had alot of money invested in him and dosen;t have the size to play RT(Like A jones). Gallery at 6'7 325 is better suited to be RT than Sims. Thats the only reason why he was playing Rt and not Lt. Raiders are sliding Sims inside to LG(Sims salary going to restructure to justify him playing guard) RT langston Walker 6'8 340 has more than enough size for RT.(gallery rookie year(L Walker) was probably Raiders best Olineman in preseason, but lost his Rt job when gallery had to play somewhere.

13. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

:lol: You just can't help yourself. You just HAVE to post heights and weights for everyone. That still cracks me up every time I see it.:up:

14. lightning

lightning Active Member

Oh yea, they still have to sign that aging washed up veteren for the year to be worth it. You're right

15. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

im glad Gallery is getting moved to his natural position. I wish this would have happened sooner because there would be less argument over Ferguson(Alot of people thought Ferguson was just as good a LT if not better than Gallery, but since people only saw Gallery play RT and not start at LT, they assumed he sucked and was a bust, therefore Ferguson would equal a Bust also...if that makes sense)

16. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

YEa Like D burgess- NFL Sack leader. Yea hes old and look how cheap his contract is for.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I bet you got that tattooed somewhere on your body, complete with height, weight and sack total.

18. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Alot of fans just like the sexy pick.(skill position) OTs might not be glamour position, but they play as big part to a team offense sucess, as anyone. You can have the greatest assemble of talent(on offense), but if Oline not up to par, its going to effect the whole offense.
    D Ferguson some team is going to be set for next decade at most important LT position. I think he much safer pick than taking one of these QBs. (beter chance one will be a bust)
    In time he might be and might not be better than gallery. Only time will tell on that. Defintely he won't better than gallery next season. gallery has two years of NFL experience and Ferguson just a rookie.

19. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

And you would be wrong. I just let my size speak for itself. WOW.

20. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

Well it seems that he's dropped the 40 times. I guess every player having a sub 4.3 times was getting repetetive.