Quote from attorney says Robby Anderson did nothing wrong

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, May 3, 2018.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

More likely the court made a mistake especially if the attorney didnt show

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

LF911SC likes this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It had to be some kind of mix up (for real). I definitely buy it. I can't see Anderson purposely NOT showing up in this instance. It would be different if his attny showed up, and he didn't. For all we know, his attny could've gotten the notice and threw it away by mistake, which makes him a stupid attorney. If that's the case and he's just covering for himself, way to make your client look like an uncompliant screwball and get him on the wrong side of a judge. But in my mind, I think the more likely scenario is . . .

. . . the USPS. I get mail that belongs to people a few houses away on occasion and vice-versa. The house numbers aren't remotely alike and our last names are so far apart, it's laughable that it happens at all. My next door neighbor, half the time his mailbox is left open and half his mail is in the street. Then there's the postal worker in NYC who just got arrested for having 17,000 pieces of undelivered mail going all the way back to 2005, and who remembers that other gem of a guy a few years ago who was caught on surveillance camera dumping sacks and sacks of mail into a dumpster? I recently got double billed by the phone company with a late charge. My checkbook has carbon duplicates for a reason. Yep, they never got it. Got the late charge reversed. I'm not bothering to stop the other check because there's no doubt in my mind it's never making it there. It's already been a little over three weeks. "The check is in the mail! Likely story!" Well, sometimes the check really is in the mail.

3. jetophile

LOL, matt. That aside, I'm all for giving people 2nd chances, but if it gets to chance #10, you gotta cut your losses at some point. If anything, I think the Jets should make it absolutely mandatory he gets enrolled in some regular counseling, no exceptions, and if he punks on it, bye-bye. I mentioned Maurice Clarett in another recent thread for this reason.

An old one, Post #4:
    http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/clarett-editorial-mug-shot.9629/#post-237169

The recent one, Post #14
    http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/49ers-foster-arrested-again.89937/#post-3684316

I'm just not feeling a good outcome for Anderson either, unfortunately. I wish I did. It's still not too late, but he needs some serious intervention in some shape or another or his life, let alone his career, is over. I know I mentioned this also, but the other problem with a boatload of NFL players is that they don't/didn't major in something truly marketable and self-sustaining (LIFE AFTER FOOTBALL, HELLO). If Anderson winds up dynamiting his livelihood to smithereens because of poor impulse control and stupidity, he will be completely lost to bad elements, because from the outside looking in, this livelihood is the only livelihood he knows. That's the reality of it, I'm afraid.

#23 jetophile, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 3, 2018
    CBG and matt robinson 17 like this.
  4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

And how do you know that when the felony charges were dropped they didn't schedule this at that time and say the arraignment date will be May 2nd. You are assuming there was a third class letter sent in the mail.

5. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

That's his natural look for sure.

6. jetophile

I don't. Anything is possible; but I never met a lawyer who would strive to point out they were a dumbass crap lawyer. Clients + time + billable hours = $.

7. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Only reason I'm not buying it is that the attorney wants to go to court. He's billing per hour, why wouldn't he? It's how he gets paid.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  8. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Yup. Jets are going to do all they can to not have to cut him.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

His lawyer just looks guilty to me.

[​IMG]

stinkyB, NY Jets68 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Where’s ochocinco? I thought he had this kids back?

CBG and xxedge72x like this.
  11. jetophile

He's got a purty mouth.

12. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

UPDATE: Robby Anderson's attorney, Ed O'Donnell, told NJ Advance Media on Thursday that he sorted out this matter earlier in the day, at a Broward County court. O'Donnell said the arrest warrant for Anderson has been lifted, because this was a clerical error, and not even the prosecutor was notified that Anderson was supposed to be in court Tuesday for an arraignment. Anderson's next court date is July 19 -- a procedural hearing. O'Donnell does not expect the case to go to trial. He said the matter likely will be resolved July 19 or even before that.

Now it makes sense ....not even the prosecutor was notified . Robby gets a pass for not reporting.

Walt White, stinkyB, FJF and 2 others like this.
  13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Apart from on here, were he has been cut, sacked, jailed and generally torn to pieces.

Strange world at times.

#33 K'OB, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 3, 2018
    TonyFtLaud, stinkyB, LF911SC and 2 others like this.
  14. jetophile

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Come on, man - let the hawks get their ounce of blood. Let the guys who wanted to excoriate the kid dive for the jugular just like they did when the first trumped up version of the charges from the ethically impaired cop surfaced. Why wait to see the facts when one can leap to conclusions, founded in fact or not?

TonyFtLaud and MoWilkBeast like this.
  16. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Not supporting Anderson, but these things do happen

It's probably not his fault.

Doesn't look good to a casual observer, though

17. FJF

Yea, thing is, after a 2 arrests you kind of lose the benefit of the doubt in the court of public opinion.

Cman68 and CotcheryFan like this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Going from nowhere to having almost everything you ever wanted is a transition not every kid can handle.

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Arrests really shouldn't matter but convictions should.

TonyFtLaud and Ralebird like this.
  20. FJF

Depends on the situation. Robbie got arrested at a concert and the cop turns out to be a pos then yes he gets the benefit of the doubt, then he gets arrested for reckless driving,excessive speed,report says he is being an ass well then you have to take a look at the first incident again, then there are reports of his driving record being screwed up add that to the 2 arrests and skipping a court date kind of jives with everything very easily don’t you think k?
    Tl;dr the whole picture makes skipping court a very believable act from Robbie