Quinnen Williams the next Aaron Donald?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AlexJETS, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

That means either Bosa or Allen falls to the Jets, so I'm happy. As much as we could use another Dline guy, edge rusher is far more pressing.

stinkyB likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Unless our new HC/DC switch us to a 4-3 D alignment full time, we don't need another DL guy. Williams is at one DE spot and Anderson and Shepherd are at the other. Shepherd needs to be given an opportunity to develop. The only thing we need on the DL is a NT, and that isn't Williams. We have Pennel and could re-sign McLendon. We also have Foley Fatukasi. There may be a decent NT we can sign in FA or we can possibly draft one in a middle or lower round.

NYJetsO12 and Sam Hammer like this.
  3. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Baloney.

I was NOT impressed with Williams last night. Heard his name called once or twice. NO pressure against guys who would be backups at best in the NFL, if that.

Lately, Alabama OL and DL guys have been overrated. And we KNOW about their secondary.

NYJetsO12 and Sam Hammer like this.
  4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Quinnen Williams, the next Vernon Gholston.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. JetsKickAss

I swear to God, when I read your post, I get a negative nervous spine tingle. :D

We can't miss at this pick. The VG pick got overlooked because Rex took us to 2 AFCCG's.

I still can't believe the bust he was. Rumour was that New England wanted him too, so I thought he was solid for sure. The whole thing seems to be that he had 1 good game against Jake Long. That's the problem when you don't play more than 1-3 games against legit competition in college. Too small a sample.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  6. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

this kid is incredible, it's kinda upsetting that jets fans are completely against defensive linemen because of past experiences. if quinnen williams becomes a top 10 defensive player in the league, it shouldn't matter

FJF and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  7. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I'll completely admit I'm gun shy of drafting Quinnen because of some of our past experiences. These DL guys aren't always predictable in how they'll translate into the NFL. And I also completely admit its probably not fair to Quinnen Williams and that he'll hopefully have a great career. But its hard to get some of these past failures and disappointments out of the memory bank.

At this point if our draft pick isn't one of the edge rushers I think we should be taking an awfully hard look at offensive line help (my preferred pick).

CotcheryFan and Leicester Jet like this.
  8. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I don't want this guy. Hes a good player, but I'm not using a high pick on a DT. I'm also not a fan of how he conducts himself, saying that Clemson QB was throwing 50/50 balls all game and he also said something about Murray. Comes off as a sore loser.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  9. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Lol no, mac is the bpa guy

10. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

I guess you didn't watch the Georgia, LSU games? He was a force and was unblockable.

11. JetsKickAss

I didn't see the LSU game but I did see the Georgia game and for 3 quarters I didn't hear his name much. I'll see if I can re-watch the tape.

I might take him 8-10 or so...but not at #3.

12. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I'm warming up to the idea of Williams. He does seem very disruptive and hard to block. But have to admit, the thought of another top 10 pick on a D-Lineman doesn't thrill me. Better scenario is a trade down for more picks and then take best O-Line with our #1.

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

This is just common sense vs the definition of insanity>>>>other than grabbing Sam we have had 7/8 years of drafting Defense and how has that worked out????

All the rationalization and BS spewed by you guys how this is a must pick eg Williams is just stupid

Now that you have a FQB in place you build him a solid OL and give him some weapons..old young and in between>>>that's being smart

Be smart and trade down ...lmao at people thinking we get NO trade partner so then we must get that DL??? ..too funny

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I was never so sure that we should take Williams as I am right now after reading this post

15. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

He would be the highest drafted CB in NFL history.

16. JetsKickAss

Have we drafted a LB high since Marvin Jones in '93 ?

17. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

o.0

Leicester Jet likes this.
  18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

The only thing that bothers me about Williams is that Clemson completely neutralized Williams with the quick passing game (though Lawrence is a beast). If Josh Allen is available, I would rather take him for the ability to cover, pass rush from the outside and he is very good at deflecting passes.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  19. Hes extremely dependent on shedding blocks w Rip/swim moves.If thise moves dont work on the next level(which they may not) is he a top 3 calibur talent? Unfortunately i dont think so.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He has great technique, but anyone comparing him to Donald is nuts at this stage. I look at Aaron Donald, the guy is far more explosive then Williams from what I can tell. Williams might be stronger, bigger with longer arms overall, but I don't see the great combination of burst, and power. Sometimes being bigger doesn't mean you are better.

Personally, I don't even think Quinnen is a better prospect then Leonard Williams. I think the Donald comparisons are off.