Quincy Enunwa Re-signed!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Dec 28, 2018.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I think physicality is something that can be coached. JMO

That was one thing that bothered me about today's game how the Pats toyed with the Jets, roughed them up.

That play when Gilmore pushed Robby out of bounds on the sideline didn't look like he broke a sweat doing it.

Boys against men.

2. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

IMHO, unless the Jets or another team are incredibly stupid, Anderson is a Jet this year. If he doesn't sign a long-term deal then the Jets will likely sign him to a first or second round tender offer.

I don't believe another team will sign Anderson to a multi-year deal where they have to give up a second round draft choice - and certainly not a first round choice. Therefore, I really can't see a scenario where he isn't a Jet next year - unless some off-the-field issue arises.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Stop the nonsense about Robby forreal.

Bill stuck Gilmore, an all pro corner on Robby all game, and gave some zone looks that covered Robby more then anyone. I'm guessing Herndon sucks too because he had 1 catch.

Btw the other WR's who played ? Roberts, Burnett and some JJ Davis dude. Yeah I'ma let Robby beat me when a ST lining up and two guys who have been on the PS played alongside Robby.

K'OB likes this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

So do you think Robby deserves $40 mil guaranteed?

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Who said he's getting 40?

You can as easily tender him for around 3 mill IIRC on another "prove it" contract if you feel he hasn't proven much or you're afraid of the off field conduct. But Compared to Quincy, Robby has surely out performed and has been on the field as the more durable player .... Funny because posters here complained about his slight frame, yet he's only missed 3 games in his career. You can't teach speed and he's surely finding his way around the route tree now. If the Jets offered 5 for 55 with 30-35 in guarantees, I wouldn't mind.

6. BroadwayAaron

Mogriffjr likes this.
  7. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

IMHO any long term deal for Anderson would include some bonuses based on weight gain (and percentage body fat) to "force" Anderson to put on some more muscle. If he can put on some muscle without affecting his speed he will be a much more effective receiver.

He doesn't have to end up like David Boston, but if he could add some strength (assuming he doesn't lose flexibility) into his game it would open up his game if you ask me.

8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ. Some of you act like Robby is the next Wayne Chrebet for our team.

He's a one trick pony, who has exceeded expectations by a lot considering he too was an UDFA.

That doesnt mean he deserves to be paid like a one, I have a feeling that's exactly what he would be asking for.

Perhaps I'm wrong. I'm good if its team friendly, but there is no point in overpaying someone that does one thing well, when you could find better.

I dont think he is the same caliber receiver as Q is even. I just dont.

I dont think the Jets do either, why else would they make Q a priority resign over Robby?

Think about it.

Harpua likes this.
  9. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I am not saying that Quincy is better than Anderson. However, the fact that they signed Enunwa first was because he is an unrestricted free agent this year. Anderson is a restricted free agent. Big difference.

In my mind, if the Jets could get another really high-quality WR (I hate the term #1, #2, etc), then I think their receiving core would be passable - see what I did there :). Not top-flight, but good enough - assuming the Jets get another lineman or two and some help in the back-field (remember Powell is coming off of injury and is unsigned for next year).

10. IIMeanDeanII

I doubt Powell comes back and I love BP.

This is where I am wrong because I thought RA was an UDFA, not just a RFA. That does change things a bit. If someone offers him a ridiculous contract, no way I would match that. I dont see that happening though.

If we found a true #1 (I do like that term) then I think it could work as well.

I just think Robby is upgradable though. I'm just not a big fan. He's gotten better but it's just not enough for me.

Just my opinion.

11. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I am not saying that Anderson can't be upgraded. I also think that having Quincy and Anderson under contract for 2019 shouldn't stop the Jets from getting another quality WR (through the draft or FA. However, why create a hole when you don't need to?

12. IIMeanDeanII

I'm not saying get rid of him for the sake of it.

I'm saying..

If he's asking for money than he's worth. Pass.

If another team offers him more than he is worth. Pass.

Otherwise. I'm good with it but I want to see better weapons out there. Regardless. All I care about at the end of the day, I dont care how it looks, just as long as it does

13. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Total waste of $$$$$ for a part time player. In the last 3 years he has missed over 60 % of the games played. MCC should be fired for this most silly decision:mad:

14. BroadwayAaron

Here’s how you know it was a good signing.

K'OB and stinkyB like this.
  15. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Because Q is an unrestricted free agent.

Robbeee is restricted. We can wait on him.

16. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Sorry somebody who is off the field more then on the field is unproductive & worhless IMHO :mad:

17. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Kearses ceiling (last year) is comparable to Tates floor (this year.) Kearse is not even close to the player Tate is.

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The full breakdown

almbleamal and TonyFtLaud like this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

Here's some in-depth detail on the contract:

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/01/qui...aranteed-money-yearly-salary-cap-figures.html

It was already a good contract, but now seeing it broken down it's even more obvious that it's a good deal. He's not even going to count $3 mil against this year's cap and we have an easy out after the third year. It's crazy to me that people have found a way to bitch about this contract but, we're Jets fans, that's what we do I guess.

20. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Its a nice contract. I'm glad these provisions are in it, since he is definitely an injury risk.

Enunwa shouldn't stop the Jets from really trying to improve their receivers. Make sure to get Robby locked up as well. At least for next year.